Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones - Just Because II [Forty Licks Sessions]
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 2, 2019 19:56

[www.youtube.com]

early version of Trouble from Keith's Crosseyed Heart

talking into 4.19 then they go into TROUBLE

Re: Rolling Stones - Just Because II [Forty Licks Sessions]
Date: February 2, 2019 20:00

Thought Trouble was a song Keith and Steve Jordan came up with goes way back to 2002 ?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 2, 2019 21:33

thumbs up real Mick/Keith work. "add a A minor"

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 2, 2019 21:46

Cool find!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: February 4, 2019 18:25

[www.youtube.com]

Rolling Stones - Dreams [Forty Licks Sessions]

Another Jagger Alfie ballad - lyrics are more of the same

Date: February 4, 2019 18:34

There's another (long) thread about the Licks-sessions with more info on the two early Trouble-versions as well as the other tracks.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2019 19:55

OpenG
Thought Trouble was a song Keith and Steve Jordan came up with goes way back to 2002 ?

Keith said this about CROSSEYED HEART:

Some of (the songs) were actually hanging around, ideas from while the Stones were still recording. We left certain things off (A Bigger Bang), and I thought, I want to pursue that one.

Steve Jordan said We'd knock about a tune he already had, maybe one he'd even cut a demo with in the Stones.

[timeisonourside.com]

So based on those 2002 Stones sessions, Trouble came from the Stones. He just finished it with Jordan.

Date: February 4, 2019 20:56

by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2019 19:55

OpenG

Keith said this about CROSSEYED HEART:

Some of (the songs) were actually hanging around, ideas from while the Stones were still recording. We left certain things off (A Bigger Bang), and I thought, I want to pursue that one.

Steve Jordan said We'd knock about a tune he already had, maybe one he'd even cut a demo with in the Stones.

[timeisonourside.com]

So based on those 2002 Stones sessions, Trouble came from the Stones. He just finished it with Jordan.

Thanks for the info

Date: February 4, 2019 21:01

Supposedly, Nothing On Me also came from those sessions. However, I think the rest of the songs were fresh material.

Date: February 4, 2019 21:20

DandelionPowderman
Supposedly, Nothing On Me also came from those sessions. However, I think the rest of the songs were fresh material.

Aaron Neville just kills me on that tune!

Aaron singing Under The Boardwalk with the Stones was excellent, that was really good.

Date: February 4, 2019 21:44

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

Aaron Neville just kills me on that tune!

Aaron singing Under The Boardwalk with the Stones was excellent, that was really good.

thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 4, 2019 21:59

It was brought up in another thread (I think by Gaslight?) that Trouble on Crosseyed Heart is credited only to Keith and Steve Jordan, and the fact there is no credit to Mick.
That said, wondering how much if any contributions Mick may have made to it during these Licks sessions. Seems you can hear him give snippets of advice in that demo posted,
but vocally he just seems to be on auto-pilot/heart-not-into-it as if he were following something already etched in stone. Surely if his contributions were substantial, shouldn't he have been given some credit?

Date: February 4, 2019 22:51

Hairball
It was brought up in another thread (I think by Gaslight?) that Trouble on Crosseyed Heart is credited only to Keith and Steve Jordan, and the fact there is no credit to Mick.
That said, wondering how much if any contributions Mick may have made to it during these Licks sessions. Seems you can hear him give snippets of advice in that demo posted,
but vocally he just seems to be on auto-pilot/heart-not-into-it as if he were following something already etched in stone. Surely if his contributions were substantial, shouldn't he have been given some credit?

Trouble had new lyrics, and the part in A is missing on the final version. A new arrangement, too, with the CYHMK-ish riff added.

Date: February 5, 2019 03:54

DandelionPowderman
Hairball

Trouble had new lyrics, and the part in A is missing on the final version. A new arrangement, too, with the CYHMK-ish riff added.

I did mention that, or ask it. Based on Dande's bit there, whatever Mick did was just 'to be there for something', a guide to what they were doing, which clearly wasn't fully formed, just a skeletal bit - a very expensive demo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2037
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home