Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Do you remember The Sopranos?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:31

...Saw this clip from the reunion. Brings back memories. 20 years ago? Time flies by. Just loved this show. Even though it wasn't exactly a "first" in this genre.
Makes me think of James Gandolfini. And my father who also loved this show. Did you watch the show?
[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Do you remember The Sopranos?
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:56

Here's an article from the NYT on the show and its prodigy. Being a Baltimore boy, The Wire is my fave.

[www.nytimes.com]

Re: OT: Do you remember The Sopranos?
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 16, 2019 20:14

Oh yeah, I was obsessed with The Sopranos and watched the entire reunion video on Saturday.

I thought the show started to fizzle starting in the fourth season, when it was clear that HBO was begging David Chase to stretch the run of the show out beyond what he'd planned, leading to a lot of filler episodes.

Still, one of my favorites of all time, and had several Stones and Keith solo songs played during its run. The use of Thru and Thru was genius.

OT: Sopranos -prequel film for real!
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 24, 2019 03:45

I know another OT but The Sopranos used the Rolling Stones' & Keith's music a few times during he 6 seasons that the great show lasted. David Chase is working on a movie casting Games Gandolfini's son as a young Tony Soprano!

Rockandroll!

Mops

[www.msn.com]

Re: OT: Sopranos -prequel film for real!
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 24, 2019 13:08

I just seen this and it looks promising as long as the kid can act and David Chase has set the bar very high , so I am looking forward to this . One other thing to mention is that on the NBC Today show Harry Smith interviewed the cast for the 20th anniversary of the show and I forgot which one of the cast members was talking about Tony's mother Olivia and told how a lot of Italians could not believe how Olivia was portrayed and could not believe the story line centering around the dynamic between Tony and his mother Olivia and David Chase revealed that it was based on his real life mother who he was rebelling against at that period in his life and thus it was "real" which in and of it self is mind blowing to me .

Re: OT: Sopranos -prequel film for real!
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 24, 2019 16:35

I think David Chase had a pretty rough life growing up. When you see interviews with him, there's a world weariness to him.

I'm looking forward to this, although nothing will ever top the original HBO run.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home