Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
1965 revival? Beatles &Stones ...
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 16, 2019 11:47

Januari 15 2019. Is this the time to re-release I Can't Get No Satisfaction and Help?
I truly feel sorry for Britain. I hurts my Anglofile feelings. Maybe these two songs can inspire the current generation of Brits to express their frustration?

Re: 1965 revival? Beatles &Stones ...
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 16, 2019 12:03

georgie48
Januari 15 2019. Is this the time to re-release I Can't Get No Satisfaction and Help?
I truly feel sorry for Britain. I hurts my Anglofile feelings. Maybe these two songs can inspire the current generation of Brits to express their frustration?

Or "Paint It, Black" or "Gimme Shelter". There's no limit to Stones' titles that express the current state of affairs, not only in the UK but worldwide.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 16, 2019 23:26

if its for the younger generation it would need to be released in rap form, and the promo video would need to hide the guitars incase it leads to confusion.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 16, 2019 23:32

georgie48

No. We have bands like IDLES who currently express this generation's frustration.

buttons67
if its for the younger generation it would need to be released in rap form, and the promo video would need to hide the guitars incase it leads to confusion.

This is pathetic. Sounds like really bad satire.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 16, 2019 23:35

‘We’ve Gotta Get Out Of This Place’ sums it all up, really. See ya, E.U.

Date: January 17, 2019 08:16

Big Al
‘We’ve Gotta Get Out Of This Place’ sums it all up, really. See ya, E.U.

Remember "D Day" in 1971? The whole of Britain was against it, but ... the country survived that change. Remember the "Goodbye Britain Tour" in 1971? Well, France helped out and the Stones are still rulingcool smiley. Remember thousands of UK companies collapsing in 1971? Well, the than EEC came to the rescue. If all goes wrong ... there is still the EU to fall back on cool smiley. They learned not to build walls to keeps others out the hard way. Mick showed his dispair with "England Lost", but maybe "Happy Together" should be number one song in the UK smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 17, 2019 10:48

Yeah England Lost hidden as footy fan stuff
Grip …. raw cuts a little more to the bone ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 17, 2019 11:18

georgie48

Remember "D Day" in 1971? The whole of Britain was against it, but ... the country survived that change.

"The whole" has to be a grievous exaggeration! I wasn't, and nor were many of my co-workers.

For me, working decimalising computer applications (yes, 1971) was hugely interesting and not a little exciting.

And I learnt first hand what massive, disgaceful, and unjustifiable "profits" stockbrokers treat as their entitlement. Sickening.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 17, 2019 11:56

nO PoLiTiCs oN IoRr! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: January 17, 2019 12:16

When Blue Turns To Grey...

Date: January 17, 2019 19:47

CaptainCorella
georgie48

Remember "D Day" in 1971? The whole of Britain was against it, but ... the country survived that change.

"The whole" has to be a grievous exaggeration! I wasn't, and nor were many of my co-workers.

For me, working decimalising computer applications (yes, 1971) was hugely interesting and not a little exciting.

And I learnt first hand what massive, disgaceful, and unjustifiable "profits" stockbrokers treat as their entitlement. Sickening.

Indeed, I should not have said "the whole of", but believe me, when I lived there at the time the TV showed almost all no-ers. Luckily the Stones released Sticky Fingers, so I could cheer up both myself and many English friends. One of them thought "Sister Morphine" was a real knock-out and listened to it dayly. And I teased a secretary with the album zipper ... memories.cool smiley
Already in those days one could feel up north that they were not happy with how they were ignored by the south (read London). England ... "Come Together" because "Time Waits For No One".

Date: January 17, 2019 20:22

Which "up north" do you mean? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 17, 2019 20:52

georgie48

You missed it. It was re-released for it's 50.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 17, 2019 22:49

matxil
georgie48

Or "Paint It, Black" or "Gimme Shelter". There's no limit to Stones' titles that express the current state of affairs, not only in the UK but worldwide.

What about Street Fighting Man. At least in Paris, Yellow Vest Movement.

Date: January 17, 2019 23:33

His Majesty

Roughly (I didn't cover the whole area though) Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, York and further up. I remember from my Liverpool days, that many ordinairy people looked at London as an "elite island". Words like "down there they don't care about us" were often used (off course I spent many hours in the pubs in my spare time winking smiley ). Maybe emotions changed over the past 40+ years, but I doubt it.
As a Stones fan I felt well accepted though in those days (maybe because I'm Dutch spinning smiley sticking its tongue out)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 17, 2019 23:51

matxil
georgie48

or Hang Fire perhaps?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: January 18, 2019 00:48

treaclefingers
matxil
georgie48

or Hang Fire perhaps?

,,,,lol,,,,

Date: January 18, 2019 04:46

georgie48
His Majesty

Roughly (I didn't cover the whole area though) Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, York and further up. I remember from my Liverpool days, that many ordinairy people looked at London as an "elite island". Words like "down there they don't care about us" were often used (off course I spent many hours in the pubs in my spare time winking smiley ). Maybe emotions changed over the past 40+ years, but I doubt it.
As a Stones fan I felt well accepted though in those days (maybe because I'm Dutch spinning smiley sticking its tongue out)

You mentioned Britain, UK and England. Those places are in the middle of two of them. grinning smiley

Date: January 18, 2019 09:05

His Majesty
georgie48
His Majesty

You mentioned Britain, UK and England. Those places are in the middle of two of them. grinning smiley

I hope I didn't insult anybody, but with "up north" I meant England. In '67 I visited Scotland (the north of "the other two grinning smiley) ), in '70 also Wales and in '72 Ireland and NI. It was a bit like going to northern Belgium. They speak Dutch, but have a (enjoyable) culture of their own.
Your questions now make me wonder once again "what really is Great Britain" to the people who live there? Four different soccer teams (etc.) ... and then Ireland? The latter only united with England in Amsterdam, where the Rolling Stones and U2 share the same office smileys with beer
You know, I'm going to listen to "Time waits for no one" and escape from the confusion grinning smiley ... and wish all Brits a lot of wisdom in the weeks/months coming.

Date: January 18, 2019 11:24

These islands have been going through quite an identity crisis. eye popping smiley

All the simmering tensions and latent nationalism's coming up to the surface thanks to our glorious politicians not doing their jobs properly and winding things up with help from our shitty media.

I must admit to being caught up in it via the Scottish referendum in 2014. But, it never felt truly comfortable and seeing the mess and angst that has come from it makes me wish it had never happened. It set a tone of toxic debate and division that carried over and grew in the EUref.

Sad and uncertain times.

[www.youtube.com]

Beneath the wind turned wave
Infinite peace
Islands join hands
'Neathe heaven's sea.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-18 11:43 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 18, 2019 11:59

His Majesty
These islands have been going through quite an identity crisis. eye popping smiley

All the simmering tensions and latent nationalism's coming up to the surface thanks to our glorious politicians not doing their jobs properly and winding things up with help from our shitty media.

I must admit to being caught up in it via the Scottish referendum in 2014. But, it never felt truly comfortable and seeing the mess and angst that has come from it makes me wish it had never happened. It set a tone of toxic debate and division that carried over and grew in the EUref.

Sad and uncertain times.

[www.youtube.com]

Infinite peace
Islands join hands
'Neathe heaven's sea.

I fully share your sentiments HM

Date: January 18, 2019 15:58

His Majesty

Sad and uncertain times.

[www.youtube.com]

Infinite peace
Islands join hands
'Neathe heaven's sea.

I consider myself lucky to rarely feel like you described. Somehow I seem to be blessed with a strong positive mind. But ... occasionally I also felt sad and uncertain. But then, in all truth, I listen(ed) to some of the Stones' powerful songs and I then fe(e)l(t) invincible for along time. And it worked for almost six decades now. Close your eyes and give it a try smileys with beer

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 18, 2019 16:06

the only song that really fits isn't by the Beatles nor by the Stones. It's rather a well know song by the Sex Pistols – Anarchy in the UK…

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: January 18, 2019 17:38

No more please. Just new and fresh songs. I am becoming feel and tired so many vaults the same songs we got hundred if times. pPLEAS3 NEW MATERIAL OR CLOSE THE DOOR .

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 18, 2019 21:30

Date: January 18, 2019 23:57

Carnaby

I remember this guy. Didn't he start the stones rolling? grinning smileywinking smiley
Eternally greatful!

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 19, 2019 06:39

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 19, 2019 09:02

..nnnnice shot ^^^^^^^^ ……….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 19, 2019 09:58

I actually voted to remain. Not because I’m a staunch ‘remainer’, but because, on balance, I felt that the U.K. would be better-off as a member. I still feel that way to an extent, but I’ll forever love the idea of being free from that mob in Brussels. Where Merkel, Macron and Junker want to take the E.U. is place I never want to visit: The United States of Europe. One nation, one currency - already there, I know - and one armed forces. One identity. Well, I’m an Englishman, a Briton and a Man of Kent. I have never identified as a European. Europe is where i holiday. It’s abroad and it’s foreign. That’s what I like about it. Let’s keep that distance. Makes it more special, I think.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: January 19, 2019 14:25

Hi BigAl, looks like we've ticked all the same boxes so far........

Add to that, being a baby boomer (and RS fan), clearly everything is all our fault......

Oh well, Happy New Year and let's Rock On!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2139
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home