Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chris Cornell Tribute Concert
Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: January 20, 2019 04:48

I attended the Chris Cornell Tribute Concert in LA this week. If anyone is interested I posted a bunch of videos here. Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, Metallica, Foo Fighters and more.
You Tube
[www.youtube.com]

PS going to Miami, Denver and both Chicago shows. Hope to get good videos there too.

Re: Chris Cornell Tribute Concert
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 20, 2019 07:38

Looked like a really cool setlist:

The Melvins (Buzz Osborne, Dale Crover, Steven Shane McDonald, Jeff Pinkus)
“Kicking Machine”
“With Your Heart Not Your Hands”
“Leech”
“Heart of Honey”
Spoonman”

Rita Wilson
“The Promise”

Nikka Costa and Alain Johannes
“Disappearing One”

Chris Stapleton
“The Keeper”

Foo Fighters (Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Chris Shiflett, Rami Jaffee)
“No Attention”
“Earache My Eye”
“Girl You Want”
“Everlong (Acoustic)”

Josh Homme
“Rusty Cage”

Adam Levine, Jesse Carmichael, and Stone Gossard
“Seasons”

Miley Cyrus
“Two Drink Minimum”

Audioslave (Tom Morello and Brad Wilk)
“Cochise” (with Geezer Butler and Perry Farrell)
“Be Yourself” (with Geezer Butler and Juliette Lewis)
“Set It Off” (with Chris Chaney, Sam Harris and Tim Mcllrath)
“Like A Stone” (with Chris Chaney and Brandi Carlile)
“Show Me How To Live”(with Robert Trujillo and Dave Grohl)

Toni Cornell and Ziggy Marley
“Redemption Song”

Metallica (James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett, and Robert Trujillo)
“All Your Lies”
“For Whom The Bell Tolls”
“Master of Puppets”
“Head Injury”

Ryan Adams (Daphne Chen, Richard Dodd, Eric Gorfain, Leah Katz, and Don Was)
“Dead Wishes”
“Fell On Black Days”

Temple Of The Dog
“Preaching The End Of The World” (Nikka Costa, Alain Johannes, Stone Gossard, Brendan O’Brien, and Josh Taylor)
“Can’t Change Me” (Nikka Costa, Alain Johannes, Stone Gossard, Eric Avery, and Josh Freese)
“Hunted Down” (William DuVall, Jerry Cantrell, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, and Josh Freese)
“All Night Thing” (Fiona Apple, Brendan O’Brien, David Garza, Jeff Ament, and Matt Chamberlain)
“Reach Down” (Miguel, Nikka Costa, Stone Gossard, Brendan O’Brien, Jeff Ament, and Matt Cameron)
“Say Hello 2 Heaven” (Miley Cyrus, Brendan O’Brien, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, and Josh Freese)
“Hunger Strike” (Brandi Carlile, Chris Stapleton, Stone Gossard, Brendan O’Brien, Jeff Ament, and Matt Cameron)

Soundgarden (Kim Thayil, Ben Shepherd, and Matt Cameron)
“Rusty Cage” (with Taylor Momsen)
“Flower” (with Marcus Durant)
“Outshined” (with Marcus Durant and Stone Gossard)
“Drawing Flies” (with Taylor Momsen, Buzz Osborne, Matt Demeritt, and Tracy Wanamae)
“Loud Love” (with Taylor Momsen, Tom Morello, and Wayne Kramer)
“I Awake” (with Taylor Hawkins and Buzz Osborne)
“The Day I Tried To Live” (with Taylor Hawkins and Buzz Osborne)
“Black Hole Sun” (with Brandi Carlile, Peter Frampton, Tim Hanseroth, and Phil Hanseroth)

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 20, 2019 07:45

Miley Cyrus tore it up with Temple of the Dog on "Say Hello to Heavean". The lady can sing!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 20, 2019 10:34

There's an audience recording of the complete 5hrs (!?) show that's making the rounds of the main torrent sites...

Date: January 20, 2019 12:26

dcba
There's an audience recording of the complete 5hrs (!?) show that's making the rounds of the main torrent sites...

I may have seen that. winking smiley "black hole sun" is incomplete because the show went so long that the taper had to leave in order not to miss his 1:00 AM flight at LAX. A couple of conspicous absences: Eddie Vedder & Mike McCready. i haven't listened to it yet but the tape looks promising. i did watch miley with temple of the dog on youtube & was blown away. i got to see the temple of the dog reunion tour in seattle. glad i did. that was a tough ticket here & i lucked out. it was a great show.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 20, 2019 14:38

fzv98d
I attended the Chris Cornell Tribute Concert in LA this week. If anyone is interested I posted a bunch of videos here. Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, Metallica, Foo Fighters and more.
You Tube
[www.youtube.com]

PS going to Miami, Denver and both Chicago shows. Hope to get good videos there too.

Thank you, thank you kindly.

Two things:
Pleasantly surprised to see Nikka Costa there, such a cool performer.

And if Miley would grow up and out of her madness she could easily dominate the ROCK world...

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 20, 2019 14:46

I love Chris Cornell's music. I cried when he passed, and feel this appears to be a great tribute gig.

Date: January 20, 2019 19:04

great gig

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 20, 2019 19:06

There was another taper who got every note too as well as one who had batteries crap out.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 20, 2019 19:12

crholmstrom
Miley Cyrus tore it up with Temple of the Dog on "Say Hello to Heavean". The lady can sing!
She was INCREDIBLE. I really have a lot of respect for her.

Even during her "crazy" phase, I think she was in control. She was just experimenting with different images and trying to outgrow her Disney past.

Date: January 20, 2019 19:13

Wow, Rita Wilson...Tom Hanks' wife??

Date: January 20, 2019 19:29

keefriff99
crholmstrom
She was INCREDIBLE. I really have a lot of respect for her.

Even during her "crazy" phase, I think she was in control. She was just experimenting with different images and trying to outgrow her Disney past.

I've always had to give her credit. Moreso than Lady Gaga even though I know its not a contest. But what Miley pulls off is always harder to me because Gaga is seen as an adult. Miley is still seen as a child, so its a risky move. But even though I don't like most of her music, she always seems to pull out of her "weird" phases really well and like you say, even when you think she's not in control of it you find out she always is. Her Dead Petz album with the Flaming Lips was actually pretty good. And yeah, she's got a great voice. She's done a number of really great collabs over the years. Not a big fan of her music, but always give her props and respect as a talent and an artist.

Date: January 20, 2019 19:35

Yeah, I don't listen to her music, but some of the guest collaborations she's done are really amazing. She's got a lot of range.

I'd love it if she did a full-blown rock album.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 20, 2019 19:41

Audioslave - “Cochise” w/Geezer Butler and Perry Farrell - they should do a whole album and tour together!

Date: January 20, 2019 19:44

Not the biggest Perry Farrell fan, but ANYTHING with Geezer Butler is good.

Tim Commerford is already a great bassist but I'd love to hear Tom Morello and Geezer collaborate. Their drummer, Brad Wilk, already played drums on Sabbath's final studio album.

Date: January 20, 2019 19:49

Why wasn't Tim Commerford present?

Date: January 20, 2019 20:30

RollingFreak
I think he was...they just brought out Geezer as well. I'm just saying if Audioslave was going to collaborate with Geezer, it would be tough to integrate two bassists, and Commerford is already pretty great (although no Geezer...who is?)

Date: January 20, 2019 20:35

keefriff99
RollingFreak
I think he was...they just brought out Geezer as well. I'm just saying if Audioslave was going to collaborate with Geezer, it would be tough to integrate two bassists, and Commerford is already pretty great (although no Geezer...who is?)

Commerford wasn't there according to reports.

Date: January 20, 2019 20:36

crholmstrom
keefriff99
RollingFreak

Commerford wasn't there according to reports.
Hmm, interesting. That is weird.

Date: January 20, 2019 20:50

Yeah I thought from the beginning he wasn't showing and I wasn't sure why. I was trying to think "was there a different bassist in Audioslave?" cause I couldn't imagine why the entire band wouldn't show. But by all reports it was just those two.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: January 20, 2019 21:36

Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready were also absent, which was noted. But I won’t speculate on that, like some childish Pearl Jam fans on the Internet...

Date: January 20, 2019 21:47

GivenToFly15
Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready were also absent, which was noted. But I won’t speculate on that, like some childish Pearl Jam fans on the Internet...

Ya, some of the PJ fans are getting like the Fredheads. Not a good thing. We get a lot of that here. That being said, I thought PJ was totally on top of their game at the show I saw this summer (Seattle 2). Really enjoyed the show.

Date: January 20, 2019 23:54

crholmstrom
GivenToFly15

Ya, some of the PJ fans are getting like the Fredheads. Not a good thing. We get a lot of that here. That being said, I thought PJ was totally on top of their game at the show I saw this summer (Seattle 2). Really enjoyed the show.
What are they speculating?

Date: January 21, 2019 02:03

keefriff99
crholmstrom
GivenToFly15

What are they speculating?

giventofly15 will have to field this one. i'm not on their fan site because of people we were talking about.

Date: January 21, 2019 09:21

Some are furious because Eddie didn’t show up, that it is a lack of respect and so on. Nothing interesting.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 21, 2019 11:10

Given that suicide is a western epidemic, scourge, horror upon society, I was very sad to hear about this event, seeing Chris's son walk out and announce "My Dad's first band" was upsetting not only for the young man but his family, why, why, why when you have so much to live for... Chester as well along with so many nameless.... Live for Life, Life is hard not soft, but with strength of knowledge, place and resilience you can navigate this mortal coil.. Bless anyone struggling, there is resource out there to help, Google it, be strong

Date: January 21, 2019 12:22

SKILLS
Given that suicide is a western epidemic, scourge, horror upon society, I was very sad to hear about this event, seeing Chris's son walk out and announce "My Dad's first band" was upsetting not only for the young man but his family, why, why, why when you have so much to live for... Chester as well along with so many nameless.... Live for Life, Life is hard not soft, but with strength of knowledge, place and resilience you can navigate this mortal coil.. Bless anyone struggling, there is resource out there to help, Google it, be strong

out of respect for bv, we shouldn't get into this here. there are different view points on this in other cultures. your heart is in the right place though.

Date: January 21, 2019 12:44

The tribute concert looks nice and all, but how is this on topic?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 21, 2019 23:24

GivenToFly15
Some are furious because Eddie didn’t show up, that it is a lack of respect and so on. Nothing interesting.

He doesn't get along with Mrs Cornell and her mother.

Date: January 22, 2019 09:07

Yeah, I know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home