Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paint It Black: The Murder of Brian Jones – by Geoffrey Giuliano
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: January 12, 2019 05:43

juts stumbled across this book...
its old for sure - 1994- but somehow i missed it over the years.

There are so many conspiracy theories on Brian's death, some are amusing, others interesting...
anyone have a feel for how out there this one is...or is it worth a read.

Re: Paint It Black: The Murder of Brian Jones – by Geoffrey Giuliano
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 12, 2019 06:14

HalfNanker

There are so many conspiracy theories on Brian's death, some are amusing, others interesting...

I'm unable to recommend anything by this author.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 12, 2019 10:14

They're all crap, making money off the bones of a once great artist who sadly deteriorated in a few short years. Today he might be able to get help.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 12, 2019 13:47

24FPS
They're all crap, making money off the bones of a once great artist who sadly deteriorated in a few short years. Today he might be able to get help.

Actually, Brian was being seen by a Psychiatrist in 67/68 and certainly had a few stays at 'The Priory', an expensive 'Care home' for rich folk with drink/drugs and mental health problems.
From what Ive read, Brian wasn't the most cooperative of patients. He was free to discharge himself...and did, rather than continue with professional help.To be fair, by 1969 he seemed to have calmed down a bit. By his standards ,I mean.

So today the 'help' might have been more strategic. But would it have made any difference? (think George Michael, Amy Winehouse etc).

The best book by some distance that I've read is by Paul Trynka. Very fair and balanced...though no doubt some people will find faults with it.

Date: January 12, 2019 14:49

CaptainCorella
HalfNanker

Haha, yea he is quite the handful. Except the book "30 years of memorabilia" is okay

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 12, 2019 18:40

Avoid anything to do with GG.

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: January 12, 2019 19:02

Paul Trynka's book is the best. He interviewed over 100 people and incorporates more of Brian before the Stones than any other book about him.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 12, 2019 22:20

Palace Revolution 2000
CaptainCorella
HalfNanker

Haha, yea he is quite the handful. Except the book "30 years of memorabilia" is okay

...until you realise that he has presented it as his own collection, whereas it is based massively on Chris Eborn's collection. And Chris gets little or no credit.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 13, 2019 15:22

Hi Halfnanker,
Both jlowe and ovalvox mentioned it! Trynka's book is by far the most balanced, analytical book (no one's perfect though) around. It allows you to draw your own conclusions based on research well done.
Reading other books off course will wilden your scope, but I am pretty sure that after that you'll be convinced winking smiley

Date: January 13, 2019 15:33

jlowe
24FPS

Actually, Brian was being seen by a Psychiatrist in 67/68 and certainly had a few stays at 'The Priory', an expensive 'Care home' for rich folk with drink/drugs and mental health problems.
From what Ive read, Brian wasn't the most cooperative of patients. He was free to discharge himself...and did, rather than continue with professional help.To be fair, by 1969 he seemed to have calmed down a bit. By his standards ,I mean.

So today the 'help' might have been more strategic. But would it have made any difference? (think George Michael, Amy Winehouse etc).

The best book by some distance that I've read is by Paul Trynka. Very fair and balanced...though no doubt some people will find faults with it.

Interesting re. Trynka. I had read the Iggy book by him. I had sort of quit reading books on Brian by then because a) it never grabbed me all that much; I know what I believe happened, and b) I had read so many cheap money grabbers by then by rejected girls that I had my fill of it.
But I like Trynka.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: January 13, 2019 15:51

I am one of the writers 24FPS refers to as crap and making money. This kind of ignorance is overwhelming.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: January 14, 2019 21:53

yeah i have Trynka's as well as "Golden Stone" and "Blown Away" and have read others along the way too. This title caught my eye because i saw it referenced as part of "an investigation commissioned by Richard Branson"(?!?), so it caught my eye. I didn't think there were too many titles i wasn't aware of, but this was one, so i figured id see what the others on here knew about it. Pretty clear it is not much more that tabloid fodder.

Date: January 15, 2019 01:05

paulspendel
I am one of the writers 24FPS refers to as crap and making money. This kind of ignorance is overwhelming.

Absolutely agree. Your ignorance is overwhelming.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 15, 2019 07:36

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 15, 2019 07:44

Date: January 15, 2019 07:53

Carnaby

Bravo. Couple interesting photos, Carnaby. Never seen them before.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home