Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Say what you feel about the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary announcement
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 14, 2012 09:53

....numb so far ...

ROCKMAN

Date: January 14, 2012 09:57

Rockman
....numb so far ...

Comfortably...?

Date: January 14, 2012 09:58

....... Completely

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 14, 2012 10:02

My fingerzzz are callous and f'n KNUMB from playin GUITAR 24/f'n 7.... and my BRAIN is knuMB from just being AN AMEricKNNNN..

IGGY 4 PREZ and

I hjope

Keef an Mick work it out

&&& GIV uss some'tin 2 CelllllLBRATE

50 f'n yeeerz.... that is INCREdible ladszz, an it should be SELLEBREATED

I'm PROWWWWD of the BOYZ 2 say the least...

...wish BRIAN, STU, NICKY, JIMMY M., JIMI H. Roy B, Rory G., JAnis, JIM., sTEVE F"N M>< , JErry, FRANK Z, STerling M & dee DEE WERE STILL AROUND@ TWO C IT>>>>>

not 2 mention Muddy, Wolf, amd ME

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-14 10:06 by Keefan.

Date: January 14, 2012 10:19

My fingerzzz are callous and f'n KNUMB from playin GUITAR 24/f'n 7.... and my BRAIN is knuMB from just being AN AMEricKNNNN..

count ya self lucky 'cause I've never heard of any Eskimo's who are good guitar players...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 14, 2012 10:23

THANKL U rOCKMAN I will take tha t2 the GRAVE

and it si DAmn KOLD 2knigght, fo friggin' SSSUUUReeeeee

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 14, 2012 15:49

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
Well I 'm with you NICOS, frustrated that they have left us loyal fans hanging.

I'm especially bruised by the words of the ever boring Bill Wyman saying that drugs have killed Mick Taylors credibility. Even going so far as to say the three days of recording for Bills record that he did were scrapped cause only one slide solo was good enough! Coming from someone who wouldn't know a good song if it woke up in bed with him, someone who hasn't made a memorable tune in his 30 years of solo work , it just pissed me off. MT can still rock with the best of them and after those comments I hope Darryl Jones is invited back to play for whatever the Stones decide to do. Screw Bill Wyman.

The first part, what the hell are you talking about? It's JANUARY. Who are they to you to jump to attention and start doing shit? Left you hanging? About WHAT? There are no promises, no guarantees. It's just talk, about 98% of it HERE and not from the 'band'.

Second part - where the hell did that come from!? First I've heard/read of it.

Who am I? I am just a loyal fan of The Rolling Stones, willing to go the distance and pay the price to see them play LIVE, for a while anyway. All these re-issues of the catalog are great but while the boy are still breathing I (and a shitload of other folks) want to see them play together again. Got it?

If you want to read what Bill said about Mick, check out Rockman's "Some Kind of Stones Connections Thread". I won't say where in that long thread, perhaps you can get up to speed by reading the whole damn thing WeLoveToPlayTheBlues. peace.

Date: January 14, 2012 20:03

Naturalust
Who am I? I am just a loyal fan of The Rolling Stones, willing to go the distance and pay the price to see them play LIVE, for a while anyway. All these re-issues of the catalog are great but while the boy are still breathing I (and a shitload of other folks) want to see them play together again. Got it?

Yep. You think that being a loyal fan means they've left you hanging. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! YOU have left yourself hanging. THEY don't owe YOU a thing. You want loyalty to mean something? Get yerself a dog. That's real actual loyalty.

Naturalust
If you want to read what Bill said about Mick, check out Rockman's "Some Kind of Stones Connections Thread". I won't say where in that long thread, perhaps you can get up to speed by reading the whole damn thing WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Nah. I was just curious where you got it from. Thanks though.

Date: January 14, 2012 20:20

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Yep. You think that being a loyal fan means they've left you hanging. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! YOU have left yourself hanging. THEY don't owe YOU a thing. You want loyalty to mean something? Get yerself a dog. That's real actual loyalty.

Well then, I can safely assume that YOUR band (if you even have one) will have zero fans no matter how good you play the blues. Its not what you got it's what you give WeLoveToPlayTheBlues and with that smartass attitude about fans...well that will get you nowhere in the music game. Of course they owe EVERYTHING to their fans as both Mick and Keith have stated numerous times in numerous interviews.

As far as the dog goes, I've got a couple of 'em already but thanks for that tip. btw: the same goes for friends and lovers so I'd be careful what you choose to believe about loyalty. peace.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 14, 2012 20:22

Has their been an announcement?

Date: January 14, 2012 20:28

Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Well then, I can safely assume that YOUR band (if you even have one) will have zero fans no matter how good you play the blues. Its not what you got it's what you give WeLoveToPlayTheBlues and with that smartass attitude about fans...well that will get you nowhere in the music game. Of course they owe EVERYTHING to their fans as both Mick and Keith have stated numerous times in numerous interviews.

As far as the dog goes, I've got a couple of 'em already but thanks for that tip. btw: the same goes for friends and lovers so I'd be careful what you choose to believe about loyalty. peace.

You really should not have "safely" assumed that since you don't know anything, you know nothing, about that. However, the fact remains, bands never owe their fans anything, other than to perform up to the price if fans pay for those obscenely expensive tickets, which the Stones are not capable of doing based on the last tour. Keep on living in that loyal fantasy land then. In regard to the dog, it's the only thing on the planet that has unconditional loyalty. Take that however you want. B52.

Date: January 14, 2012 20:43

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

the fact remains, bands never owe their fans anything, other than to perform up to the price if fans pay for those obscenely expensive tickets, which the Stones are not capable of doing based on the last tour..

wtf? is THAT supposed to mean? I stand by my assumption until proven otherwise, don't you have a football game to watch with your dog or something? peace.

Date: January 14, 2012 20:46

Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

the fact remains, bands never owe their fans anything, other than to perform up to the price if fans pay for those obscenely expensive tickets, which the Stones are not capable of doing based on the last tour..

wtf? is THAT supposed to mean? I stand by my assumption until proven otherwise, don't you have a football game to watch with your dog or something? peace.

You can't seem to grasp the term 'get your money's worth'? Sometimes people actually get up and leave if a band sucks, if they feel ripped off, and don't go again. I'll be doing the 'something' before the football game. B52.

Date: January 14, 2012 20:51

Naturalust
Of course they owe EVERYTHING to their fans as both Mick and Keith have stated numerous times in numerous interviews.

You're confusing things they have - cars, houses, etc with caring about their fans, the "owing" part. That's their way of saying 'thanks for spending so much money on us". If they truly cared about their fans they'd release quite a few things.

Date: January 14, 2012 22:01

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
Of course they owe EVERYTHING to their fans as both Mick and Keith have stated numerous times in numerous interviews.

You're confusing things they have - cars, houses, etc with caring about their fans, the "owing" part. That's their way of saying 'thanks for spending so much money on us". If they truly cared about their fans they'd release quite a few things.

Yeah you're probably right but I'm a romantic at heart and I believe they have already given so much to me, good on 'em for having the things they want in this life. They have given me music in mine, and it's a huge part of my life.So I'm not complainin', I just want to see them play together again because it's been a cool adventure with these guys and they represent the soundtrack to my youth, I don't want that to end any quicker than necessary. I'd stretch in our another 50 Years if I could. I f-vckin love the Rolling Stones! Enjoy the game(s) bro! peace.

Date: January 15, 2012 01:29

OK man! I figured there was something in there that could make sense eventually! I get the passion. I do. I understand.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: January 15, 2012 04:57

Hasn't been any official announcement yet. Keith has said they will let us know when they are ready to let us know. Certainly it will come sometime within the next six months. Could be as late as July 12. Maybe they make the announcement then? Probably earlier I would expect if they are planning on performing around the 50th anniversary date. I would think by May.

Date: January 15, 2012 05:12

thewatchman
Hasn't been any official announcement yet. Keith has said they will let us know when they are ready to let us know. Certainly it will come sometime within the next six months. Could be as late as July 12. Maybe they make the announcement then? Probably earlier I would expect if they are planning on performing around the 50th anniversary date. I would think by May.

Why do they have to perform around the date? That means Mick is concerned with being nostalgic etc. Probably not the way to 'move forward'.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: January 15, 2012 05:17

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman

Why do they have to perform around the date? That means Mick is concerned with being nostalgic etc. Probably not the way to 'move forward'.

They don't have to perform around any date, but the likelihood is that they will. I guess we will find out how nostalgic he truly is. He has already said he is proud of achieving 50 years. Not sure if he is a numbers and dates freak like I am. If it was up to me I would have them do a gig on July 12 if possible.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 15, 2012 08:00

C'mon, Dutch fans, let's keep the ball rolling, a boots and all slanging match in the incomparable Dutch language!

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: January 15, 2012 20:49

Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
Well I 'm with you NICOS, frustrated that they have left us loyal fans hanging.

I'm especially bruised by the words of the ever boring Bill Wyman saying that drugs have killed Mick Taylors credibility. Even going so far as to say the three days of recording for Bills record that he did were scrapped cause only one slide solo was good enough! Coming from someone who wouldn't know a good song if it woke up in bed with him, someone who hasn't made a memorable tune in his 30 years of solo work , it just pissed me off. MT can still rock with the best of them and after those comments I hope Darryl Jones is invited back to play for whatever the Stones decide to do. Screw Bill Wyman.

The first part, what the hell are you talking about? It's JANUARY. Who are they to you to jump to attention and start doing shit? Left you hanging? About WHAT? There are no promises, no guarantees. It's just talk, about 98% of it HERE and not from the 'band'.

Second part - where the hell did that come from!? First I've heard/read of it.

If you want to read what Bill said about Mick, check out Rockman's "Some Kind of Stones Connections Thread". I won't say where in that long thread, perhaps you can get up to speed by reading the whole damn thing WeLoveToPlayTheBlues. peace.

For anyone interested the Wyman piece it is (currently) on page 90 of the Some Kind of Stones Connections Thread. In my opinion it's not really as controversial as it seems.

While the interview with Wyman is very recent, he was referencing a Rhythm Kings recording session from MANY years ago. Apparently Taylor was in bad shape - no money and NO GUITAR.. Bill had to lend him one. Then over the course of three days, Wyman felt very little was worthy.

If you consider Taylor had no guitar of his own, its not surprising he wasn't in practice at the time. Also, very important, consider that Wyman has stated all the Rhythm Kings recordings are done in no more than three (3) takes. If it doesn't work out in three takes, then they scrap the song and move on to the next. And Wyman does work with very fine musicians lets remember.

Under those criteria it seems to me quite likely neither Ronnie Wood or Keith Richards would've produced anything Wyman would've wanted either for any Rhythm Kings product.

Apart from that, Wyman's observation/suggestion that Taylor may have "lost" some ability (decades later lets remember) from his Stones tenure, seems plausible. Wyman goes on to comment that Taylor has played well in the last couple of years, but suspects it may be a struggle for him. Again, right or wrong, that is entirely plausible as well.

In full context it doesn't really come across as something that would (automatically at least) rule out Taylor's ability to participate in any 50th Anniv Stones projects.

Date: January 15, 2012 21:08

SweetThing
In full context it doesn't really come across as something that would (automatically at least) rule out Taylor's ability to participate in any 50th Anniv Stones projects.

No of course not, just makes me lose respect for Bill Wyman. You make great points about the context SweetThing. and yes page 90 of Rockman's "Some Kind of Stones Connections" has the original clip I saw, worth a peek for sure.

Back to Bill, all those great musicians and so good mostly in the first coupla takes....still can't produce a piece of original music that is worth a crap. Stay in Europe Bill, I'd settle for Jade Jagger playing bass at this point, for the American shows, or Don Was, I've heard he's at least rehearsed a few of the Stones bass parts. peace.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: January 16, 2012 04:15

Naturalust
SweetThing

No of course not, just makes me lose respect for Bill Wyman. You make great points about the context SweetThing. and yes page 90 of Rockman's "Some Kind of Stones Connections" has the original clip I saw, worth a peek for sure.

Back to Bill, all those great musicians and so good mostly in the first coupla takes....still can't produce a piece of original music that is worth a crap. Stay in Europe Bill, I'd settle for Jade Jagger playing bass at this point, for the American shows, or Don Was, I've heard he's at least rehearsed a few of the Stones bass parts. peace.

I think to your point about Bill Wyman, as much as we read about Jagger (and Richards) being so difficult to work with over time (ego driven primadonnas), one thing I respect about Jagger is that he really steers away from trashing other band members in interviews. Yes, sadly, there is generally a dismissive tone in regards to Brian Jones, but it is the exception to the rule I've noticed. And being dismissive is about as bad as it will get towards the others.

Wyman's indiscretion here is disappointing to be sure, if not as immature as Keith routinely shows himself to be, but perhaps just a moment of carelessness/callousness and a particularly bad patch of time for Taylor? I hope so anyway.

Date: January 16, 2012 04:27

Again....everybody "get over it". there won't be a tour and this site will eventually shut down after all the people on it can no longer bare to talk about the Stones...IMO

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 16, 2012 13:40

21stcenturystones
Again....everybody "get over it". there won't be a tour and this site will eventually shut down after all the people on it can no longer bare to talk about the Stones...IMO

i always post fully-clothed, just so you know...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home