Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Jimi Hendrix Albert Hall video
Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: December 27, 2018 11:22

Re: OT: Jimi Hendrix Albert Hall video
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: December 27, 2018 16:51

Can't believe his estate hasn't released this yet. They've been scrapping the barrel for awhile

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 27, 2018 17:09

DrPete
Can't believe his estate hasn't released this yet. They've been scrapping the barrel for awhile

The ownership of the video and audio recordings is disputed so the estate can't release it.
When Hendrix In The West was reissued in 2012 the Albert Hall tracks were replaced with alternative recordings.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 27, 2018 18:12

Love me some Hendrix. Thank you for posting.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 27, 2018 19:39

Deltics
DrPete

The ownership of the video and audio recordings is disputed so the estate can't release it.
When Hendrix In The West was reissued in 2012 the Albert Hall tracks were replaced with alternative recordings.

I think the original recording was owned by his manager at the time Mike Jeffery. Since his death Janey Hendrix is claiming everything that Hendrix recorded is hers. The dispute goes on. I was given a copy by Noel Redding in the 80s who really wanted it released as he would have got some performing rights money from it.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 28, 2018 00:15

I remember this album (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experience_%28Jimi_Hendrix_album%29), which claimed to be a partial sound track of a movie of the Albert Hall shows, from back in the 70s, listetened to it many times at friends but never had it myself (I didn't find it that great, there were better ones).

Is this finally the movie to go along with that soundtrack? -- No, can't be. This one here is from 2/24/1969, which according to according to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Experience) should be the same show as "More Experience". Heck, I have all three shows (audio) somewhere. I should compare.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: December 28, 2018 01:56

That Youtube vid is only 40 min - 1st hald of the film, it ends with "Fire". Here is the complete stuff, ending with complete chaos on stage after "Wild thing":

[www.cda.pl]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home