Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rock N Roll Circus Re-release???
Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 12, 2018 01:09

Wasn’t this supposed to be rereleased in 4K etc etc?

Re: Rock N Roll Circus Re-release???
Posted by: nick ()
Date: December 12, 2018 02:36

Maybe the mix sucked and this time they're redoing it.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 12, 2018 04:05

next year

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 12, 2018 04:14

Hey! Today is actually the 50th anniversary of when it was originally recorded!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 12, 2018 11:49

treaclefingers

That means it's the anniversary of when I couldn't go because I had an important school exam the next day and wouldn't have been able to get home in time!

Boo. Teenage priorities. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: December 12, 2018 12:02

In conjunction with its 50th anniversary, ABKCO will release an expanded edition of The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus in Spring 2019. It will be the first concert film to be presented in both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos sound. The film’s 4K restoration was sourced from the 35mm internegative and, for the first time, presented in widescreen format (16:9 for home and 1:85 for theatrical showings supervised by original cinematographer Tony Richmond).

[celebrityaccess.com]

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 13, 2018 07:02

spunky
In conjunction with its 50th anniversary, ABKCO will release an expanded edition of The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus in Spring 2019. It will be the first concert film to be presented in both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos sound. The film’s 4K restoration was sourced from the 35mm internegative and, for the first time, presented in widescreen format (16:9 for home and 1:85 for theatrical showings supervised by original cinematographer Tony Richmond).

[celebrityaccess.com]

Thanks.

They have a strange definition for “in conjunction” I suppose.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2018 07:14

Will they finally show the stampeding elephant footage ?????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2018 08:29

Aquamarine
treaclefingers

That means it's the anniversary of when I couldn't go because I had an important school exam the next day and wouldn't have been able to get home in time!

Boo. Teenage priorities. eye rolling smiley

wow...lucky you took the exam...imagine what might have happened if you missed it? your life might be totally different!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 13, 2018 12:10

I wonder if any 'unreleased footage' would require The Stones approval; as it does for their recorded work.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 13, 2018 14:00

Coincidentally at the Night Owl club in Birmingham this sunday they are advertising the Rolling Stones rock and Roll circus.

Starting at 14.00 to 20.00 there are three tribute groups, stones, the who and a beatles tribute acts.

Get Stoned is the stones act.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 15, 2018 01:48

On Thursday, December 13, 2018, Dan wrote:

I still send a thank you up to heaven for Stu keeping those reels safe in his barn all those years.

This “EXPANDED” versions seems to only offer differing formats. Yes, worthwhile to get a widescreen version. But AGAIN, it has been said in another article and not even mentioned here, that NO bonus performance material of the Stones will be released…..Parachute Woman, YCAGWYW (2 versions each), Route 66, Confessing the Blues, Yonder Wall. I hate the politics and, at times, greed and laziness involved with these projects. Everyone involved should strive to get the best, most comprehensive version possible !!!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 15, 2018 03:48

I don't believe "Yonder Wall" and other warm-ups were filmed? Lindsey-Hogg should know.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 15, 2018 03:52

I saw ABKCO 50th anniversary Beggars Banquet at Amoeba in L.A. this afternoon. It doesn't even tout it's 50th status, or any kind of remix action. ABKCO doesn't know how to sell anything.

Date: December 15, 2018 13:24

exilestones
On Thursday, December 13, 2018, Dan wrote:

I still send a thank you up to heaven for Stu keeping those reels safe in his barn all those years.

This “EXPANDED” versions seems to only offer differing formats. Yes, worthwhile to get a widescreen version. But AGAIN, it has been said in another article and not even mentioned here, that NO bonus performance material of the Stones will be released…..Parachute Woman, YCAGWYW (2 versions each), Route 66, Confessing the Blues, Yonder Wall. I hate the politics and, at times, greed and laziness involved with these projects. Everyone involved should strive to get the best, most comprehensive version possible !!!

ExileStones wrote:

How do you know there’s no extra footage? It says expanded.

Dan wrote back:

“HOW…?” A few clues-

Another article earlier this summer said so. Expanded will probably be alt angles, a new interview perhaps, and screen ratios never offered before

Mick also had an interview in MOJO about re-releases explaining that they could not do the Expanded re-issues of ABKCO material (Re: Satanic Majesties and Beggar’s 40th) NOR could ABKCO do one without the Stones. Now in 2018 their label “Eagle Rock/Vision” purchased rights to the Archive material (post 1970),

That is why the promised Expanded Hyde Park “Stones In the Park” DVD with the four extra songs never camp out 4-5 years ago in the US and was quickly withdrawn in Europe.

That is why Eagle Rock via Stones Archive release released the “Stones In the Park” film AGAIN instead of presenting all songs in a context of a reconstructed ‘concert’ as originally promised.

Believe me, IF they had the second version of Sympathy For The Devil with Brian on guitar, or Yonder Wall jam with Clapton is on there THAT WOULD BE THE SECOND LINE WRITTEN IN THAT PRESS RELEASE!!!!!!

Date: December 15, 2018 13:25

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: December 15, 2018 22:27

Then, in 2019, ABKCO will revisit The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus. Originally filmed for the BBC, the December 1968 concert featured the Stones alongside John Lennon and Yoko Ono with Eric Clapton; The Who; Marianne Faithfull; Jethro Tull; and other artists. Unhappy with their six-song set, the Stones shelved the footage. The Who’s segment was included years later in the documentary The Kids Are Alright, but the Circus remained largely unseen until 1996 when ABKCO released the complete show. The 2019 reissue will feature the film on DVD or Blu-ray in DolbyVision video and Dolby Atmos audio; a new, full-color booklet; and CD and vinyl editions including several previously unreleased tracks. These include brief rehearsals from Lennon, Ono, Clapton, Keith Richards (on bass) and Mitch Mitchell (on drums) of “Revolution” and “Yer Blues.” Variety reports that, “Sadly, there is no new material from the Stones: While they played other songs during the taping — ‘Route 66’ and ‘Confessin’ the Blues,’ as well as a couple of solo acoustic blues numbers from Jagger — no recordings have emerged and it seems likely they were not recorded.”

[theseconddisc.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-15 22:28 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 15, 2018 23:22

“Sadly, there is no new material from the Stones: While they played other songs during the taping — ‘Route 66’ and ‘Confessin’ the Blues,’ as well as a couple of solo acoustic blues numbers from Jagger — no recordings have emerged and it seems likely they were not recorded.”

Geeeeeeeeeeez …. what a bummer ……….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: December 16, 2018 00:28

Please don't

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2133
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home