Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dynamic Pricing
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: December 9, 2018 04:33

Does TM use dynamic pricing? I googled it & I cannot find anything definite whether TM uses it or not? The things I read was TM was considering it. Thanks for your input.

Re: Dynamic Pricing
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 9, 2018 04:55

More like PT Barnum (the real father of the country) pricing. There's one born every minute...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 9, 2018 14:00

Sockers56

Does TM use dynamic pricing?

Yes: "About Ticketmaster Platinum - WHAT ARE PLATINUM TICKETS?

Platinum Tickets are in demand tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event organisers though Ticketmaster. They give fans fair and safe access to in demand areas at market driven prices. Platinum tickets are ticket-only purchases and prices are subject to change at any time."
- [iorr.org] - [web.archive.org] .

Dynamic pricing London 2018: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] . Regular prices for comparison: [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-09 14:05 by Irix.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: December 9, 2018 14:23

Of course they use DP, all those companies are a bunch of bullsh!tters, just like sophisticated market traders, smoke and mirrors, checking to see how frequently you look for tickets, how desperate you are.

Some people suggested in another thread about looking for prices at different (and 'odd') times of the day, I would also suggest using Chrome Incognito (or similar) to 'hide' your search, might produce some different results.

That's why I had such a pleasant experience buying Arctic Monkeys tickets on Twickets.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 9, 2018 16:13

they call it Platinum tickets, others (like us) call it a new way to rip up off people

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 9, 2018 18:46

Damn sure they do!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 9, 2018 19:20

The fact that TM allows scalping on their site pisses me off, what is a Verified Reseller if not a scalper?

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: December 9, 2018 19:23

A Verified Reseller pays TM a fee. That's the difference.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 10, 2018 15:27

No amount of mucking about with the rules or the law will solve the huge problems with ticket sales.

In essence there's no reason or justification for companies to exist just to sell event tickets for other people.

Tickets for anything should be sold by the promoter and/or the venue on a first come first served basis, with all tickets available on the same day of release.

Anything else is open to some kind of abuse and will ultimately be unfair.

Won't happen of course , but TM and companies like them should simply be outlawed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-10 15:29 by Spud.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: December 10, 2018 16:08

As long as people are willing to pay scalpers then the bands and promoters (with help from Ticketmaster, et al) see no reason to let that money go into someone else's pocket. It's that simple, really.

"Dynamic pricing" is beyond the pale. There are single seats for the Stones in the third tier at Soldier Field, asking price nearly $600. If someone pays it, however, then that's what it's worth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-10 16:09 by rbk.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 10, 2018 18:35

I'll get me some dynamic pricing:
Day of at the venue or on stubhub.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 10, 2018 19:12

Just say No (Nancy Reagan )

Date: December 10, 2018 19:56

the higher the prices the less tickets they´ll sell the better for Lucky Dippers…

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 10, 2018 22:18

slewan
the higher the prices the less tickets they´ll sell the better for Lucky Dippers…

I was thinking the same thing. The question that counters this school of thought is when do they actually determine seating for LD Tix? Can it be achieved same day as concert? If so, then it is not in the favor of the LD Tix holders as preferable seats might have been already sold at a marketable price.

I'm only speculating as this is my initial concert with LD Tix.

Date: December 10, 2018 22:35

Chris Fountain
slewan

I was thinking the same thing. The question that counters this school of thought is when do they actually determine seating for LD Tix? Can it be achieved same day as concert? If so, then it is not in the favor of the LD Tix holders as preferable seats might have been already sold at a marketable price.

the date and time the tickets have been printed is printed on the tickets. The LD tickets were usually printed on the day of the show or one or two days before

Date: December 10, 2018 22:49

slewan
Chris Fountain
slewan

the date and time the tickets have been printed is printed on the tickets. The LD tickets were usually printed on the day of the show or one or two days before

The stadium ticket office staff will be busy those two days prior to concert preparing envelopes with LD Tix per your comments. I'm going to call Hard Rock Stadium and ask how they plan on apportioning these tix.

Then again, the best policy may be not worry to about it and see what is going on in the ticket world on concert day. I go through the same ticket madness world for sporting events.

Date: December 10, 2018 23:09

Chris Fountain
slewan
Chris Fountain
slewan

The stadium ticket office staff will be busy those two days prior to concert preparing envelopes with LD Tix per your comments. I'm going to call Hard Rock Stadium and ask how they plan on apportioning these tix.

Then again, the best policy may be not worry to about it and see what is going on in the ticket world on concert day. I go through the same ticket madness world for sporting events.

in Europe they had some 200 pairs of LD tickets; in London there seemed to be 300-500 pairs. It doesn't take to long to put the into envelopes.
Don't call anybody – it will just confuse them and they won't know yet, either. Most likely they haven't even heard about LD tickets.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: December 10, 2018 23:35

I don't know if this is DP or not, but here's the strangest thing : a few days ago I bought a used book at amazon.uk for £0.78. Several other dealers had it in the £2-4 range. Today the lowest price (used) is £35,-, the highest £92,-. And new copies start at £116,-. Does anyone understand this ?

Date: December 10, 2018 23:41

walkingthedog
I don't know if this is DP or not, but here's the strangest thing : a few days ago I bought a used book at amazon.uk for £0.78. Several other dealers had it in the £2-4 range. Today the lowest price (used) is £35,-, the highest £92,-. And new copies start at £116,-. Does anyone understand this ?

Are you near a robust library? Maybe they have the book or an electronic version.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: December 11, 2018 10:05

Chris Fountain
walkingthedog

Are you near a robust library? Maybe they have the book or an electronic version.

No, I fortunately ordered it, so it's in the mail and I hope to receive it either today or tomorrow. (It's the first edition of Dave Lewis' "Led Zeppelin, The Concert File", by the way). I just do not understand the enormous price increase (from all dealers!) a few days later.

Date: December 11, 2018 13:08

walkingthedog

it's rather simple – there are always some sellers waiting for one o those idiots being born every day. These sellers create some kinds of traps: offering books for extreme high prices and hope for a day when theses books are sold out elsewhere. The cost to put an offer online are extrem cheap and the make money even if the only see very few books that way.
For example: The fixed price of the books I've written is 29.80 Euros, but there is some seller from Australia offering it for 395 Euros…

Date: December 11, 2018 14:39

slewan
walkingthedog

it's rather simple – there are always some sellers waiting for one o those idiots being born every day. These sellers create some kinds of traps: offering books for extreme high prices and hope for a day when theses books are sold out elsewhere. The cost to put an offer online are extrem cheap and the make money even if the only see very few books that way.
For example: The fixed price of the books I've written is 29.80 Euros, but there is some seller from Australia offering it for 395 Euros…

This is a very interesting topic. It seems to me that the folks on TV such as Fox News or CNN or even daytime television shows have an advantage to write Cook Books or Children Books and then go on tour and promote. The more thoughtful books written by the general public seem to travel a more rocky road to reach potential readers.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 11, 2018 23:30

General admission tickets to Bob Dylan and Neil Young in Hyde Park showing as sold out yet general admission with early entry is still available.

HaHa good one

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-11 23:32 by Nate.

Date: December 11, 2018 23:44

Chris Fountain
slewan
walkingthedog

This is a very interesting topic. It seems to me that the folks on TV such as Fox News or CNN or even daytime television shows have an advantage to write Cook Books or Children Books and then go on tour and promote. The more thoughtful books written by the general public seem to travel a more rocky road to reach potential readers.

In my case it's science books – and writting science books is not about earning (much) money anyway. From time to time the stuff I write gets mentioned in the media but it has very little effect when it comes to sales. For example: A book of mine was reviewed in Süddeutsche Zeitung (which sells some 400.000 copies). in the four weeks after the review had been published some 30-50 more copies of the book were sold…

Date: December 12, 2018 13:45

The basic problems with dynamic pricing are:
- there's no free market but intransparency
- Ticketmaster has a monololy
- nobody knows how many tickets are left (and/or held back) – thus TM is able to fake a shortage of tickets to boost the prices

Date: December 13, 2018 10:57

Top Ticket for Sale - Bruce Springsteen Final Night on Broadway: $42,511

source: [www.wsj.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2018 11:10

42 GRAND !!!! …. no way …
I'd have more fun in a two-dollar knock shop …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 13, 2018 13:54

When I logged in to Ticketmaster yesterday, hoping that tour tickets may have reached some level of sanity, there was a screen message saying that prices may vary depending on demand and resale ticlets ‘may’ be more than face value. Haven’t seen it again. But ... really? Hope Pauly hasn’t seen it, it would make him want to shout.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 13, 2018 16:52

SomeTorontoGirl
When I logged in to Ticketmaster yesterday, hoping that tour tickets may have reached some level of sanity, there was a screen message saying that prices may vary depending on demand and resale ticlets ‘may’ be more than face value. Haven’t seen it again. But ... really? Hope Pauly hasn’t seen it, it would make him want to shout.

Same thing happened to me today.

I am losing all hope of "sane" prices at this point.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 13, 2018 16:55

Ticketmaster en reselling tickets...

Look at this (front row directly after the pit at both sides)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home