Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The War on Drugs (band)
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 25, 2017 16:32

Obviously Stones fans have great taste in music so I'm guessing I'm not the only one here who's heard this band. Their last album, Lost in the Dream, was voted #1 album a couple years ago on Amazon (& deservingly so IMHO). Listening right now to their just released A Deeper Understanding. Stellar stuff. At times dreamy, often rocking - just a very unique sound. Excellent album!!

Re: OT: The War on Drugs (band)
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 25, 2017 16:33

Excellent record. I read an article that compared them to Wilco (with obvious differences). That's not too far off the mark IMHO.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: August 25, 2017 16:37

what a cool name for a band,I am going to look them up,thanx for the info.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 25, 2017 16:40

I can almost agree with the Wilco comparison, yes. I read some comparisons to Petty, Dylan, Bruce - which I don't quite get. There's more than a touch of Pink Floyd there too. This new album is outstanding- as are their other 2!

Date: August 25, 2017 16:56

Youtube their gig at Best Kept Secret.

It's great

smoking smileysmoking smileyRe: OT: The War on Drugs (band)
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 25, 2017 17:07

they lost we won ha ha

Re: smoking smileysmoking smileyRe: OT: The War on Drugs (band)
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 12, 2018 20:24

Went to their concert yesterday in Cologne. Really impressed! Their last two albums are outstanding, but live it's even better. This guy really plays a nasty guitar! Not 'stones like' at all, but I hear a lot of resemblance with Bob Dylan (voice/intonation of the lyrics), Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits (listen to the solo on 'Ocean between the waves', highly recommended), and also a touch of Pink Floyd.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 12, 2018 20:49

Is over and WE WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: December 12, 2018 22:59

Thumbs up. These guys are a local band for us in Philadelphia and I have followed for a few years. I agree with the Pink Floyd comparisons: extended riffing, galloping drums and dreamy sound. Maybe a little My Morning Jacket in there as well.

Also check out Strand of Oaks. Also from Philly. Similar sound but a little more rocking.

HBK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2252
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home