Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: The Rolling Stones at 50 - forthcoming book by Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 20, 2012 19:56

Date: February 20, 2012 19:57

Date: February 20, 2012 19:58

The Rolling Stones:50 (Info About The Book)
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 26, 2012 13:06

Just got an alert from amazon.ca:

Product Details

Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd (July 12 2012)
ISBN-10: 0500516243
ISBN-13: 978-0500516249

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Description

This is the only official book to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the greatest rock and roll band of all time. Never before have the Rolling Stones been so involved in a book of this kind; this intimate portrait is the result of months of collaboration with Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie. Superb reportage photography from "Mirrorpix" and "The Daily Mirror" - the largest newspaper archive of Rolling Stones photography - documents all of the albums, gigs and dramas in the bands unique, international history. The stuff of legend, much of this material has never been seen before. Curated by Richard Havers, one of the worlds leading authorities on the Rolling Stones, it is interspersed with specially commissioned photography of the best and rarest items from one of the greatest collections of Stones memorabilia in the world, as well as featuring the work of legendary photographers such as Gered Mankowitz, Ethan Russell, Bent Rej, Ian Wright and Philip Townsend - the appointed photographer for their first ever shoot.

Re: The Rolling Stones:50 (Info About The Book)
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 26, 2012 13:10

This is one of the "lovely things"?

- Doxa

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 26, 2012 13:15

Cocaine Eyes
Richard Havers, one of the worlds leading authorities on the Rolling Stones

that's Bill's co-author on Rolling With, and he did that Stones in the Park book, right?
the Department of Historical Accuracy is ready to proofread :E

Date: February 26, 2012 13:17

Doxa
This is one of the "lovely things"?

- Doxa

YES!! grinning smiley (Too funny!!)

Date: February 26, 2012 13:29

You might be interested in GetYerAngie's thread about the book, it's here:

[www.iorr.org]

I added the German product info, with tour annoncement! :-)

Date: February 26, 2012 13:36

Rank Stranger
You might be interested in GetYerAngie's thread about the book, it's here:

[www.iorr.org]

I added the German product info, with tour annoncement! :-)

Ooooooops, sorry. My bad! But hey, it's only 6:35AM in Toronto right now. I'll wake up soon.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 26, 2012 13:56

You're up so early on a Sunday! Phew!
By the way, I think this forum can cope with a few posts about a new Stones book!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 2, 2012 11:36

Here's some more info on the book of photos from the Daily Mirror archive.

Thames & Hudson is celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Rolling Stones by publishing a title drawing on the Daily Mirror's archive of photographs of the group, and with all band members - Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts -contributing material.

The Rolling Stones: 50 has an initial print run of 250,000 copies worldwide, and will be a £29.95 hardback, with 700 illustrations (300 in colour). The title will be released on 12th July -exactly 50 years since the band's first public appearance, at the Marquee Club on Oxford Street, central London. The book will include archive photos from the Mirror, as well as never-before-seen memorabilia, with the project to be overseen by Watts, and each band member writing content to tell the band's story.

To support publication, the Mirror will run daily stories on the Stones over the week beginning 8th July, with T&H head of illustrated reference Tristan de Lancey saying: "We'll be inviting booksellers around the country to celebrate with the Stones by providing branded packs for them to throw birthday parties and create anniversary displays."

Other publishers are also marking the anniversary, with Simon & Schuster's The Rolling Stones: Fifty Years - written by Christopher Sandford, who has already written biographies of Jagger and Richards -to be released as a £20 hardback on 26th April. Titles already out include Omnibus Press' Butterfly on a Wheel: The Great Rolling Stones Drugs Bust by Simon Wells (pb, £14.95), and Rolling Stones: 50 Years of Rock by Howard Kramer (Krause Publications, hb, £20).

[www.thebookseller.com]

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 2, 2012 11:42

I will probably get it in a year or so, when it's available for 10 euro. No need to spend a lot of money on yet another collection of the same pictures and quotes.

New Book: The Rolling Stones: 50
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 2, 2012 11:41

The Rolling Stones are releasing a book to mark their fiftieth anniversary on 12th July 1962, The Rolling Stones: 50.

The Rolling Stones and Thames & Hudson can now reveal that for the past few months they have been working together with the Daily Mirror to create a truly groundbreaking and memorable anniversary book to celebrate 50 years of the greatest rock‘n’roll band in the world.

The book has been made possible by privileged access to superb reportage photography from the Daily Mirror’s archive, the largest newspaper collection of Rolling Stones photography, most of it hitherto unseen. The images tell their fifty-year history like it’s never been told before. This photographic autobiography features images selected by the band accompanied by their own words. The photographers include Gered Mankowitz, Jean-Marie Périer,Dezo Hoffman, Michael Cooper, Terry O’Neill, Bent Rej and Philip Townsend – the photographer for their first ever shoot.

Re: New Book: The Rolling Stones: 50
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 2, 2012 12:23

More info in this thread from GetYerAngie
[www.iorr.org]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

50 anniversary, the book
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 2, 2012 11:42

Re: 50 anniversary, the book
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 2, 2012 11:43

oooops, delete please smiling smiley

Re: New book - The Rolling Stones 50
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 2, 2012 13:52

You can see glimpses inside the book via the amazon link...

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Kinda what I was expecting, but hey ho. smiling smiley

Stones 'Officially' Announce The Book
Date: March 2, 2012 13:43

Re: Stones 'Officially' Announce The Book
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 2, 2012 13:49

Thin gruel.

I want some concerts on CD, and some 2cd remastered albums, both from Abkco and beyond.

I also want rhinohandmade double cds of I've Got My Own Album to Do, and Now Look by Ronnie; oh well, apples never grow on ivy trees.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 2, 2012 13:57

Didn't they quit in 2007? That makes 45 years in my calender. Or 20 years of playing and 25 years of hanging about as Charlie would have said...

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 2, 2012 13:57

Available as a pre-order from Amazon for £19.46, free delivery. £29.95 is list price.
Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 2, 2012 14:07

"This remarkable book is the band’s thank you to their fans all over the world. Its publication on 12 July 2012 will be on the anniversary of the band’s first ever gig, and will be part of a year long celebration of the rock‘n’roll royalty that the Rolling Stones have become".

I need a fortune teller, here.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 2, 2012 14:11

The Joker
"This remarkable book is the band’s thank you to their fans all over the world. Its publication on 12 July 2012 will be on the anniversary of the band’s first ever gig, and will be part of a year long celebration of the rock‘n’roll royalty that the Rolling Stones have become".

It is a bit strange that when the band is thanking me, I need to consult my credit card...eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: March 2, 2012 14:18

The images tell their fifty-year history like it’s never been told before.

Sure...

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: March 2, 2012 16:58

No U.S release ???

Date: March 2, 2012 17:11

Stoneage
Didn't they quit in 2007? That makes 45 years in my calender.

Yep. Adding new tracks to old recordings isn't exactly "band" work now is it.

50 Yr. Anniv. Book coming
Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: March 2, 2012 15:16

See Amazon UK if link doesn't work for you

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Re: The Rolling Stones at 50 - new book by Mick and Keith
Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: March 2, 2012 17:59

Gazza
GetYerAngie
Gazza
Doubt its as simple as that. I mean, if someone were to compile a 'Stones in Their own words' type retrospective of quotes down the years, you could describe the band members as 'authors'.

Its not as if theyve sat down and written a book together.

I'm sure you right that they didn't sit down and write the book side by side. But they must have agreed to act as authors to this book (compiled by some ghostrider or ghostcompiler) - and that is kind of a statement too, don't you think (though it might not be heartfelt...).

Not really, to be honest.

Even if it is new interviews (let alone something they've written, which is unlikely) its not as if they even have to be in the same continent for it, let alone the same room. This looks like the details havent been finalised yet, no doubt others will be credited as 'authors' too.

However, none of them will be named Mick Taylor! smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 2, 2012 18:03

Doxa

It is a bit strange that when the band is thanking me, I need to consult my credit card...eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

So true.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 2, 2012 19:01

The Joker

I used to cringe hard whenever anyone called The Stones "rock and roll royalty". Now they've just called themselves that.

[thepowergoats.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home