Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Tony Iommi Diagnosed With Cancer
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 9, 2012 16:53

[www.planetrock.com]

Hope he beats this one, Best wishes to Tony!

Re: OT: Tony Iommi Diagnosed With Cancer
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: January 9, 2012 16:56

hope it don't affect his touring/recording plans

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 9, 2012 17:00

Shit.

Date: January 9, 2012 17:01

franzk

Personally, I hope it doesn't affect his life. Anything else is not important right now.

Date: January 9, 2012 17:01

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 9, 2012 17:09

franzk

What a selfish thought. Nothing is more important than someone's health.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 9, 2012 18:06

franzk

Not a nice thing to say my friend, there are more important things in life than a gig.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 9, 2012 18:16

Best wishes Tony. You can beat it.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 9, 2012 19:10

Koen
franzk

Of course his life is what matters, but his touring and recording is undoubtedly a big part of that life. His music is also his connection to millions of fans, so in the end that is something that means a lot to a lot of people. I haven't yet read if there is any information about what kind of cancer he has. But if his illness if of a less serious type, then the whole situation could be more of a question of how much time and strenght the treatment will take away from his touring/recording, and not a matter of life and death.

Anyway -- I sincerely hope he will get better. My mom survived cancer when she was 38 but died of a second bout recently, at 58. It's a painful ride. Tony Iommi is also one of my all time rock 'n' roll heroes, right up there with the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-09 19:11 by LieB.

Date: January 9, 2012 19:16

Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, according to an issued press release. The 63-year-old Birmingham, UK native is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan. However, he will continue to take part in Black Sabbath’s 2012 reunion plans, including the recording of a new studio album and upcoming world tour. As a result, the rest of Black Sabbath will join Iommi in London as they continue to write and record the as-yet-untitled LP.
[consequenceofsound.net]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 9, 2012 19:34

I am sure he will beat it, and he sounds as if he is being realy positive about it.He obviously has the full support through all this from the band and his fans.Good Luck and Best wishes to you mate.
Tony is fighting the cancer.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 9, 2012 19:39

All the best to Tony. Fight on! You can beat this thing. My wife's aunt who is 84 was diagnosed with lymphoma over 15 years ago and she is still going strong.

Date: January 9, 2012 19:41

Well is is curable?

Hope he caught it early.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 9, 2012 19:43

steel driving hammer
Well is is curable?

Hope he caught it early.

sometimes it is, more common you can live with it for many years (depending on the type).

Date: January 9, 2012 20:04

vudicus
franzk

Personally, I hope it doesn't affect his life. Anything else is not important right now.

If it doesn't affect his plans it doesn't affect his life either. Quite obvious isn't it?

Date: January 9, 2012 20:10

franzk
vudicus
franzk

If it doesn't affect his plans it doesn't affect his life either. Quite obvious isn't it?

Maybe you misunderstood what I was getting at.

I hope he doesn't die. That's all anyone should be hoping for right now regarding this matter.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: January 9, 2012 20:15

Shit shit shit ! I cannot believe it after Ronnie James !! . @#$%&.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: January 9, 2012 20:53

Koen
franzk

I'm just an optimist and I believe that he will recover and the worst case scenario is that he'll have to postpone his plans. No need to be outright pessimist right away.

Date: January 10, 2012 03:20

he married my childhood sweetheart....

Date: January 10, 2012 23:53

According to Billboard, Black Sabbath were originally scheduled to headline this year's Coachella festival but were forced to pull out due to guitarist Tony Iommi's recently announced health issues, citing multiple industry sources.

As Billboard points out, it is unknown which of the three headliners announced earlier today -- the Black Keys, Radiohead and Dr. Dre & Snoop Dog -- was a last-minute replacement for the newly reunited Sabbath.

It was announced yesterday that Iommi has been diagnosed with lymphoma. According to the official press release, "Iommi is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan -- the 'Iron Man' of Rock & Roll remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery."

At the moment, it appears the plans for a new Black Sabbath album are still on, with Iommi's bandmates -- Ozzy Osbourne, Bill Ward and Geezer Butler -- planning to travel to England to work with the guitarist.
[www.guitarworld.com]

Date: January 14, 2012 01:54

Message From Tony

13th January 2012

My fans, friends & colleagues -

I just want to say how overwhelmed I am with all your messages of support, thank you so much.

Well it's not what I wanted for Christmas, that's for sure, but now I can't wait for the test results to come in and get going with the treatment.

It's really good that the guys are coming over so that we can continue working on the album as things are going great in the studio.

Well, not much else to say at this time, so thanks again.

Bless you all,

Tony

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:59

Much love Tony

\m/

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: January 14, 2012 03:06

Well, THAT reunion is screwed

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 14, 2012 09:27

Well, best wishes to Tony. It demands a lot of will and good luck, but it can be cured, so let's hope for the best.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 14, 2012 09:37

GOD BLESS TONY I>

one of the first ablum zI evers bought wuz MASTer OF @#$%& REALITY, back in '70 f'n 4

Thias week I hweard JUINIORZ EYEZ on PAN f'n DORA...1st time i heard thaT sonG in at least 25 F'n YEarZZZ....and u know what ...it still f'n ROXXX ...wah wah craziness, killer BASS linez &nd all - -- an Bill Ward killed it as well, hell YEAYH

i even dtreamed about this son LAS T KKKNIGHT ...no sheeeeit

WEEE LUV U TONY and your fingers 2.... g

crazy Sax player here...been playin guitar since 1967 and i love the STONES SABBATH AND most all BRITISH INVASION 1964=0n thru MOTORHEAD ace of f'n SPADES

we R pRayin 4 U TONY

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-14 09:41 by Keefan.

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: January 14, 2012 10:12

Got to see the original Black Sabbath twice at Ozzfest 2004 and 2005. Hope Tony recovers not just because I would love to see him again, but also because his music has meant so much over the years that I can't help but care about his well being.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 14, 2012 10:14

I saw SABBATH with Ozzy in late Nov 78... The Ramones and Van Halen opened up for them...

Ozzy's last show with the original Sabbvath was just a few weekszzz late...'R

freakin show changed my LIFE

shryr r4
NNRRNN

ok i'm out of JD now, time to open up the BAcardi....

sure hope i can score sum reefer tomorrow...this no smokin thing iz a'rattlin 'me

I LUVZ U SWEET LEAF

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-14 10:20 by Keefan.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 14, 2012 12:59

steel driving hammer
Well is is curable?

Hope he caught it early.

Five year survivability is apparently high (80% or so of patients), if the cancer has been diagnosed early enough and not spread.

Touring will probably be the last thing on his mind once his treatment starts.

Date: January 19, 2012 03:24

BLACK SABBATH BRITISH FESTIVAL DATE IS STILL ON

1/18/2012

It looks like Tony Iommi's battle with lymphoma will not keep the reunited Black Sabbath off the stage this summer -- at least at the Download Festival in England. Andy Copping, one of Download's producers, told Britain's New Musical Express that the Sabbath camp has told him the show will go on in early June: "As far as I'm aware everything is fine. I've been told that Black Sabbath are going to be playing Download. I don't want people to worry unduly about that, we should all just send our thoughts and best wishes to Tony Iommi." Sabbath has a full European tour scheduled and has not commented on the status of the rest of the dates. The group, which is in England recording a new album, was slated to play the Coachella Festival during April in California but bowed out after Iommi's diagnosis.

Date: January 21, 2012 02:56

BLACK SABBATH SETS TO WORK ON NEXT ALBUM

1/20/2012

Tony Iommi's cancer diagnosis has given Black Sabbath "a kick up the rump" as it begins work on its new album, according to bassist Terry "Geezer" Butler. In a message posted Thursday (January 19) on his official web site, Butler wrote that, "Today we got the engines back up and running at Tony's home studio. Far from being down and depressed about his lymphoma diagnosis, Tony had already written the music for two new songs, and I must say it has given us all a kick up the rump -- it's great to hear him churning out those riffs again, assuaging the Demon C. Takes more than that to stop Tony. Can't wait for you all to hear our workings, it has been great working on this stuff." Butler also thanked fans for "the lovely encouraging emails sent to this site giving Tony love and encouragement and great vibes. It really does help, not only Tony, but us as a band -- it raises up our spirits and restores our faith in this tarnished world." The new album will be the first by the original Sabbath lineup in 33 years. The group is still planning to tour Europe this summer, but nothing has been revealed about a North American trek.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home