Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What are you giving up to see the Stones in 2019 (other than a portion of your bank account)?
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 28, 2018 05:37

One the the most enjoyable aspects of my job is to teach and train new hires. This opportunity only comes along every few years....no, it's not as enjoyable as going to Stones shows. My agency is having a hire in early to mid 2019, but I already let the powers that be know that I won't be available for a good portion of the month of May. It would be slightly less of a problem if the teaching assignment (about a month long) was local, but they can send me almost anywhere in the country and that won't be known for a few months.....sorry, Rolling Stones take priority, besides, I plan on retiring sometime towards the end of next year so they will have to learn to get along without me.grinning smiley

Re: What are you giving up to see the Stones in 2019 (other than a portion of your bank account)?
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 28, 2018 05:44

I had to cut my trip to London short and re-book my flight home.

Re: What are you giving up to see the Stones in 2019 (other than a portion of your bank account)?
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 28, 2018 06:20

I'm not paying $300 to see 2 songs I've never seen them play...depends on what the prices are really....I've seen them at their best...if the prices are decent I'll go to Miami.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 06:24

Nothing, really, except for the back pain and stiffness that comes from driving long distances and standing for 3+ hours.

Hartford area to Foxborough is only about 2 hours...compared to what some of you are going through, I feel fortunate.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 28, 2018 13:55

I am struck about the timing of this as we all start to shop for Christmas !Coincidence I think not !

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 28, 2018 13:59

TheGreek
I am struck about the timing of this as we all start to shop for Christmas !Coincidence I think not !

im not gonna shop for Christmas...@#$%& materialism. Gimme the Stones.
jeroe

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 28, 2018 19:21

Happy all the way, going to 4 shows this tour. Giving up nothing and getting
The Rolling Stones in 2019 X4. Great!

Date: November 28, 2018 20:49

corriecas
TheGreek

jeroe
That is fine and dandy but how do you get around your wife or girlfriend, your parents , your kids or siblings and all of your friends ?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:51

a friend just texted me, asked if i want to go see them in Wash DC ... i've always said I've been to my last Stones show (2002) but curious, anyone know how much one can expect to pay for a ticket? I'd like a ballpark figure before I answer the text!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:59

My dignity.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: November 28, 2018 21:10

Dan
My dignity.

Exactly! I was going to say sanity but dignity is better. I have the money to spend but should I? I don't really find it reasonable anymore but given that it will be the first time I could take my boys with me I might go even though it will be the same songs as the last 2-3 times anyways.

Date: November 28, 2018 21:25

TheGreek
corriecas
TheGreek

jeroe
That is fine and dandy but how do you get around your wife or girlfriend, your parents , your kids or siblings and all of your friends ?

We dont give presents to eachother. We just express our love for eachother everyday. We dont need presents to do that.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 21:26 by corriecas.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 28, 2018 21:45

‘What are you giving up to see the Stones’
Getting old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 01:32 by 35love.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 28, 2018 22:48

Nothing. I took my god daughter in 2006. Saw Mick Taylor in 2013. There's nothing new. Not even a new album. TheNeverEndingGreatestHits tour can go on without me.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 22:52

Gave up a new 75" tv. Seen them since '81. Taking my son. This will be the last show for me.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 28, 2018 23:36

I'm actually the opposite....I'm giving up the Stones for the most part. Never thought I'd say that. I'll see them locally when they come to me, but touring for me is over at this time, at least. I'd travel for a club/theater show or a Keith solo show.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 28, 2018 23:41

A lot. But it is all worth it. No regrets.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 23:42 by bv.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 28, 2018 23:42

i always go back to what mick said to us in the audience at MSG about 10 or so years ago...

"its great to see so many families in the audience...to the parents i say it great to share the experience with your kids and to the kids...there goes your college fund!"

funny and shockingly honest for him!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 28, 2018 23:51

I look at it more as what am I gaining by going to the shows.
At a place in life (finally) where traveling is a pleasure I can partake in and experiences are of more value than material things.

The shows are the best reasons to see great places I wouldn't have otherwise and meet great people I wouldn't have otherwise. Grateful to the band for sticking around long enough and continuing to tour to make all that to happen.

Date: November 29, 2018 01:35

MisterDDDD
I look at it more as what am I gaining by going to the shows.
At a place in life (finally) where traveling is a pleasure I can partake in and experiences are of more value than material things.

The shows are the best reasons to see great places I wouldn't have otherwise and meet great people I wouldn't have otherwise. Grateful to the band for sticking around long enough and continuing to tour to make all that to happen.

Perfect. Me too. So glad Seattle and N. CA got a show,
and Twickenham is one of the highlights of my life.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 29, 2018 01:36

Dan
My dignity.

Indeed.

But it's the Stones in 2019!!!smiling smiley

Date: November 29, 2018 02:12

You own your own dignity.
Therefore, you can only lose it if you give it away.

Try to have a good time chaps.

Date: November 29, 2018 02:24

Gonna miss work on the day of the show and stay home from school the day after. smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 29, 2018 02:30

24FPS
Nothing. I took my god daughter in 2006. Saw Mick Taylor in 2013. There's nothing new. Not even a new album. TheNeverEndingGreatestHits tour can go on without me.

True enough...it's the same old song and dance, but of an even lesser quality than what it once was. And the no new album factor is a real stinker.

But it's the Stones in 2019!smiling smiley

I've used that same justification since A Bigger Bang...(it's the Rolling Stones for crying out loud!), and I always end up going for at least one more - it's tradition!
Like a family gathering at Thanksgiving, but instead it's old men in their mid-late '70's playing greatest hits from over 30 years ago in a massive stadium.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 29, 2018 02:34

With Marseille last summer and Foxboro next June, the renovation of my kitchen is now 1 and a half year late.....

Date: November 29, 2018 08:10

My back and sleep. Its all been worth it.
Hoping for south america and europe in 2021 or 2022.
Jeroen

And a new album!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 08:26 by corriecas.

Date: November 29, 2018 13:12

corriecas
TheGreek
corriecas
TheGreek

jeroe

We dont give presents to eachother. We just express our love for eachother everyday. We dont need presents to do that.
Jeroen
I respect that mightily . My issue is guilt , because I will be given presents by my friends and family and then somehow I always feel that I should have and could have done better . It is such a complex and emotional web . I am sorry if I came across in my earlier response to you in a negative manner as that was not my intention to you .

Date: November 29, 2018 13:44

TheGreek
corriecas
TheGreek
corriecas
TheGreek

jeroe

Jeroen
I respect that mightily . My issue is guilt , because I will be given presents by my friends and family and then somehow I always feel that I should have and could have done better . It is such a complex and emotional web . I am sorry if I came across in my earlier response to you in a negative manner as that was not my intention to you .
NO WORRIES MATE
Jeroen

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: November 29, 2018 15:15

Just a thousand dollars for two seats.
Going to Boston show.
Other than that NOTHING!
Driving to venue,from home.
No airplane, no hotel,no rental car.
Stones basically in my backyard? Priceless!

Date: November 30, 2018 04:22

I'm giving up my Saturdays so I can put in some overtime hours at work, to support my Stones habit. I'm happy to earn the extra dough to see the best band in the world with some of the best people in the world as many times as I can!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home