Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones FAQ
Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 9, 2018 19:46

The Rolling Stones FAQ

Remember this? Undercover was an e-mail list that predated the WWW, and it was my essential resource for information until I discovered IORR around 1997.

The RS FAQ was put together by a few members there, and it was incredible, especially Part 2, which dealt with bootlegs. The last update from what I can tell was around 18 years ago. It would be great to have something like this updated. With all the new official releases (From the Vault, deluxe editions, etc.), something concise like this is sorely needed. Anyone up for a research/writing project?? winking smiley

Re: The Rolling Stones FAQ
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 9, 2018 19:59

Haah, flashback! Thanks for sharing

Date: November 9, 2018 20:06

I remember - Steve P. and Anthony R.
Back then that database was invaluable. The Hot Wax books, and then the UC info was a revelation.
But I think this database today, already exists. It isn't hard to gather it all on line. And then there is the Schwarzbuch by Basement News. Once you get the binder, you can get the updates. At least that is how it used to work.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 9, 2018 21:03

I have a question:
Bill: why, man?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 9, 2018 21:53

….cause he could see the perks of bein a rock-star ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 17, 2018 02:47

Sipuncula
The Rolling Stones FAQ

Remember this? Undercover was an e-mail list that predated the WWW, and it was my essential resource for information until I discovered IORR around 1997.

The RS FAQ was put together by a few members there, and it was incredible, especially Part 2, which dealt with bootlegs. The last update from what I can tell was around 18 years ago. It would be great to have something like this updated. With all the new official releases (From the Vault, deluxe editions, etc.), something concise like this is sorely needed. Anyone up for a research/writing project?? winking smiley

Pedantically, if you check dates very carefully, you'll discover that Tim Berners-Lee developed the Word Wide Web before Steve Portigal got Undercover going.

For its time it was outstanding. Not least the bit I did.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2018 18:26

Rockman
….cause he could see the perks of bein a rock-star ….

better than Willy being a poor boy, for sure.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 17, 2018 19:17

Charlie... What's that?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home