Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Home Video Releases
Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: November 11, 2018 21:27

What is your favorite home video of The Rolling Stones?

Anyone know the home video that sold the most?

Also is there a list of sales of each home video releases?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Home Video Releases
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 11, 2018 21:42

um....what?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 11, 2018 21:50

Cooltoplady

um....what?

Probably all Video releases on VHS/DVD/BR: [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: November 12, 2018 00:39

Thanks Irix,
I checked out wiki page.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 12, 2018 00:59

harleybla
What is your favorite home video of The Rolling Stones?

Thanks

My fav is Let's Spend The Night Together. But Shine A Light, LA Forum and Havanna are really really great too. Oh, and I love At The Max - seen at IMAX.

Date: November 12, 2018 11:32

Best video: Charlie Is My Darling.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 12, 2018 12:21

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 13, 2018 00:35

Silver Dagger

That is great on many levels. (Except the last appearances where they're just lip synching to a Jagger live vocal). But you also get the rest of the programs, and a lot of great entertainment.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 13, 2018 00:39

I liked 25 x 5

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 13, 2018 13:51

I love them all , but I guess if I had to pick one it probably would be Ladies and Gentleman !

Date: November 13, 2018 19:57

A favorite is always such a subjective call. I would have to go back to the initial rush of seeing something the first time,and the circumstances. Those would all be videos before videos were MTV; interviews on shaky hand-held cameras; backstage madness.

@#$%& Blues for sure.

Europe '76

SNL 78

But the big thrill I guess were those 4 "Black & Blue" films of "Hot Stuff", "Hey Negrita", Fool to Cry" and "Crazy Mama". Then you had "Aint too proud to beg", "Till the Next goodbye", "IORR", "Dancing with Mr D", "Silver Train", both "Angie"s.

Ron Wood's first solo show with Keith and Mac, Willie, Newmark, Rod

There is the great 4 disc set 'Just for the Record" that I think Mssoul made for me ages ago. That one has it all - the David Frost show, Ed Sullivan, MSG 69, Top if the Pops, the infamous bust.

One special mention is back stage 69 with Jagger and Ike & Tina where Jagger plays them "Brown Sugar"; and you hear Ike and Tina excitedly chatting "what did he just say?"

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 13, 2018 20:24

Perhaps one day we will see a comprehensive release of The Stones appearances on UK/ITV's 'Ready Steady Go' (mid 60's).
The recordings (or at least those saved) have in the most part been owned by Dave Clark, he of The DC5.
I believe he has now sold them,if so...might mean something will see the light of day?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 13, 2018 21:12

jlowe
Perhaps one day we will see a comprehensive release of The Stones appearances on UK/ITV's 'Ready Steady Go' (mid 60's).
The recordings (or at least those saved) have in the most part been owned by Dave Clark, he of The DC5.
I believe he has now sold them,if so...might mean something will see the light of day?

From January this year.

[www.bmg.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 13, 2018 23:12

Deltics
jlowe

From January this year.

[www.bmg.com]

WOW! This is a huge bit of news. Deserves its own thread and not buried in a more general one.

Looks good.

Dave Clark has to be given credit for having the insight (and cash) to save these recordings when ATV were going to throw them away. No question.

It's more than a shame that he then produced doctored chopped up misrepresentations of shows - more often than not dropping in performances by DC5 as if they had happened on the show. The original Fake News?

My view is that showing entire programmes UNCUT and as broadcast has to be the best option. Only way to capture the raw pop excitement of RSG!

I remember being in a second hand record store in Brighton in the early 1990s and the owner was playing an uncut show on the in-store screens - it was a Motown Special and featured The Stones, and basically business stopped and everyone was pretty much transfixed by what they were seeing. Bring it on!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: November 14, 2018 00:23

CaptainCorella
Deltics
jlowe

From January this year.

[www.bmg.com]

WOW! This is a huge bit of news. Deserves its own thread and not buried in a more general one.

It already does!
I posted it back in January - and you commented on it!
[iorr.org]

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 14, 2018 00:49

Deltics
CaptainCorella
Deltics
jlowe

From January this year.

[www.bmg.com]

It already does!
I posted it back in January - and you commented on it!
[iorr.org]

Whoops - that's embarrassing. I plead old age forgetfulness.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: November 14, 2018 01:24

Quote CaptainCorella:

"I remember being in a second hand record store in Brighton in the early 1990s and the owner was playing an uncut show on the in-store screens - it was a Motown Special and featured The Stones, and basically business stopped and everyone was pretty much transfixed by what they were seeing. Bring it on!"

This is a complete episode from November 20, 1964.

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home