Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Yesteryears Actors
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: October 20, 2018 06:55

Well I know this is completely out of topic,but still worth discussing. I think none of yesteryears actors are alive other than Clint Eastwood. His contemporaries like Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, Anthony Quinn and many more has breathed out their last life long time back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-20 10:16 by bv.

Re: Yesteryears Actors
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 20, 2018 07:42

I guess it depends on how you see it but I see Clint Eastwood's contemporaries as more De Niro, Pacino, and those guys. I guess they're 10 years younger than Clint, but Peck was 15 years older than Eastwood. I never really considered him in that class with Quinn or Peck, or even someone like Brando. Clint was the bridge between. Most of those guys were already old by the time Dirty Harry came out, whereas I kinda think of Clint as still pretty youthful then.

Re: OT: Yesteryears Actors
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 21, 2018 15:07

Kirk Douglas is 101 years old, but hasn't appeared in anything since 2008, so I guess the question is, Which of yesteryear's actors are still active?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 21, 2018 15:31

Robert Redford is still active

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 21, 2018 17:31

Clint Eastwood 88 (I think) has a film coming out soon. Trailer looks great!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: October 21, 2018 20:20

Sir Michael Caine who is in Prague now filming at 85 the man keep's busy.One of my favorites.M

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 21, 2018 20:23

Terence Stamp was 80 this year.
Still making films. Has written some very good books, he appeard at the Buxton Arts Festival this year for a Q and A. Fascinating man...and life.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 21, 2018 20:23

pftw04
Well I know this is completely out of topic,but still worth discussing. I think none of yesteryears actors are alive other than Clint Eastwood. His contemporaries like Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, Anthony Quinn and many more has breathed out their last life long time back.
Those are actors from the golden age. Clint isn't quite old enough to be from that era.

[en.wikipedia.org]

The only ones left from that time period are Kirk Douglas (101) and Olivia de Haviland (102). Maybe a couple of others, but mostly they're long gone, sadly.

Date: October 21, 2018 20:27

Norman Lloyd is 103 and still going. He was in Trainwreck with Amy Schumer 3 years ago and was still acting in a TV series this year.

Date: October 21, 2018 20:28

Christopher Plummer at 88 still working and got an Oscar at 82!

Date: October 21, 2018 20:31

There are still a lot of old-timers who are keeping busy:

Betty White (96)
Dick Van Dyke (92)
Stan Lee (95)
Norman Lear (96)
Carl Reiner (96)

Of course, having access to excellent medical care helps, but not always (see Steve Jobs and Paul Allen, who recently passed at 65 despite being worth $20 billion).

It's inspiring to see people that age still active and working at what they love.

Date: October 21, 2018 20:36

Can't forget Donald Sutherland at 83 still working checkout "Kelly's Heroes"one of my all time faves...He`play's the first hippie really funny and set during World War 2

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 21, 2018 22:01

Anthony Hopkins is still hanging in there. My fav old actor is Paul Newman. I love "The Sting".

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 21, 2018 22:12

'The Golden Age of the Cinema'.

I think only people of a certain age refer to a period in such a way.
The medium is constantly evolving (unlike Rock 'N Roll').
Amongst the usual dross are some great films..and of course its World Cinema now....and not dominated by Hollywood, as to some extent, in the past.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 21, 2018 22:52

Chris Fountain
Anthony Hopkins is still hanging in there. My fav old actor is Paul Newman. I love "The Sting".
Bad news...
Paul died over ten years ago at 83.
cool smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 22, 2018 00:12

MisterDDDD
Chris Fountain
Bad news...
cool smiley

I'm well aware that Paul Newman passed years ago. I do appreciate the post , however. I think that the last time I saw Newman alive was on the David Letterman show circa 200? Not sure He simply had a coolness about him that no one could match and as my late Mom said he had killer blue piercing eyes! He was simply the best.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: October 22, 2018 03:28

There's a lot of posted youtube videos which contain biographies of mostly deceased stars. Type in "whatever happened to" and search. Very interesting.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 22, 2018 03:37

Chris Fountain
I think that the last time I saw Newman alive was on the David Letterman show circa 200?

Surely yesteryears grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-22 04:25 by Koen.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 22, 2018 04:06

Alan Arkin STILL Rocks.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: October 22, 2018 09:43

Chris Fountain
MisterDDDD
Chris Fountain
Bad news...
cool smiley

I'm well aware that Paul Newman passed years ago. I do appreciate the post , however. I think that the last time I saw Newman alive was on the David Letterman show circa 200? Not sure He simply had a coolness about him that no one could match and as my late Mom said he had killer blue piercing eyes! He was simply the best.

I remember Newman's famous line- he was appearing on a TV chat show with his wife Joanne Woodward and the subject of infidelity came up. Newman said 'why go out for a burger when you can have steak at home?'

Great quote, which man wouldn't have wanted to use it? The guys admired him because it was so cool and said sincerely and the women just loved him even more. That's not to say he never tasted a burger but, you know.....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 22, 2018 09:45

mikey C
Can't forget Donald Sutherland at 83 still working checkout "Kelly's Heroes"one of my all time faves...He`play's the first hippie really funny and set during World War 2

Currently playing J Paul Getty Sr. in the TV series "Trust" - and very good he is too.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 22, 2018 09:47

David McCallum - all the way from The Man From Uncle to NCIS.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 22, 2018 12:25

Loved the Hellraisers; Burton, O'Toole, Harris and Reed. Especially Burton with that voice. smileys with beer

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 22, 2018 19:19

William Shatner age 87

Date: October 22, 2018 20:13

Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, in German of course in a posh restaurant.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: October 23, 2018 03:02

What about Alain Delon ? he is now 82 or 83 years old.

and what about Belmondo ?

two great french actors.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 23, 2018 03:45

Who Wants Yesteryear's Actors ?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 23, 2018 03:51

Nobody in the world ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home