Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Live Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2018
Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: October 17, 2018 11:01

Anyone knows if it is planned to release all albums including Live Licks Live on Vinyl as The Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016

Re: The Live Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2018
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: October 17, 2018 14:14

In case it included all the release by Eagle Vision, they might call “Live Masterpieces”
If RSR disc were featured, I’d suggest “Missed Oppurtunities”: their live records have not aged well, IMO, except for “Love You Live”

Date: October 17, 2018 14:21

1963luca0
In case it included all the release by Eagle Vision, they might call “Live Masterpieces”
If RSR disc were featured, I’d suggest “Missed Oppurtunities”: their live records have not aged well, IMO, except for “Love You Live”

How come?

Date: October 17, 2018 14:35

Simply, I believe they’ve not become some classici
It took a long time to have the non CD, they’ve deleted from the current catalogue more thai once and seemed to be contract fillers (Live Licks) rather than heart-felt issues. ‘Still Life’ once did very in a top 50 worst live albums.
Miles away from Eagle Vision efforts (IMO, once again)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 17, 2018 14:42

Classic- 1970

Date: October 17, 2018 14:45

Absolute Classic, but prior the period the topic is about.

Date: October 17, 2018 15:58

1963luca0
Simply, I believe they’ve not become some classici
It took a long time to have the non CD, they’ve deleted from the current catalogue more thai once and seemed to be contract fillers (Live Licks) rather than heart-felt issues. ‘Still Life’ once did very in a top 50 worst live albums.
Miles away from Eagle Vision efforts (IMO, once again)

Well, I think Still Life is awesome. If memory serves, the criticism against Still Life was not about the sound nor the performance. It was merely about the songs being selected from different venues, and Mick going «Welcome Hampton», «Awrite, Chicago» (read cliches smiling smiley ). Lack of consistency.

However, Two live albums which really have aged well (and keep on growing on me) are No Security and Stripped. The former ran out of print, unfortunately, but sounds great, imo. Stripped is a classic - up there with their greatest live albums (once again, imho).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-17 15:58 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 17, 2018 17:18

I was in Boston 1999: no special guests and unforgettable shows.
The CD has an interesting selection, but leave a me a sort of ‘scrapping the barrel’ feeling... what? I get Memory Motel live at last and Mick has to the mike with Dave Nattews?!? Right to sell fee copies to hard-core fans of DM??
‘Stripped’ is a collection of studio and live songs. Fantastic, but I’d not consider it a true live album, if you record in a Tokyo studio...
Yes, ‘Still Life’ had a lot of problems they were proud of: they went along with the ‘Paint it black you devils’ joke on ‘Flashpint’ album.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: October 18, 2018 02:41

Still Life is a favourite of mine. I'd probably choose it over Get Yer Ya Ya's Out, even.

The concept of live albums has become a bit unclear, where do dvd's/bluray's figure in this? Basically they're all live 'albums' really. Yet I have this special affection for old fashioned vinyl, the 4 sides of live magic as it were. Now it all fits on one cd, and we get so much dvd's and stuff to even play it all, I feel the magic has gone.

Fond memories of the aforementioned Still Life, and you had At Budokan, The Song Remains The Same, Unleashed In The East, Speak Of The Devil, One For The Road, Extraterrestrial Live, but I digress.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2018 03:19

I also enjoyed Still Life when it was released as it was a nice souvenir of the first tour I attended, but in all honesty haven't listened to it in ages.
Can't say much about any of the live releases after that...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home