Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick's next-door neighbor
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 30, 2011 16:13

I doubt Mick is jealous of Abramovich's allegedly blood stained hands.............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-30 18:42 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 30, 2011 19:10

I am not a fan of L'Wren's looks but I just think if Mick is happy, that's the key. That neighbor is really beautiful and of course I wonder if Mick wold TRY his luck...it has to have crossed his mind...and L'Wrens' too. We'll only find out if it hits the British tabloids!! Someone wrote that the neighbor wouldn't be interested in Mick! Really? Don't underestimate Mick's appeal. He still oozes it!( and don't say it's only my opinion because female Stones fans around the world would give their eye teeth for a shot at Mick).

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 19:11

Mick is better off having Abramovich as his neighbour, rather than Abramovich's ex-oligarch "colleague" Mikhail Chordokovskij.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 30, 2011 19:22

mickschix
We'll only find out if it hits the British tabloids!!

Maybe the press is already laying it's groundwork.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 30, 2011 19:46

I agree, Lee. I bet they ARE sniffing around...a story ready to pop.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 20:01

Gazza
Title5Take1
Mick wouldn't pull the corrupt sh*t Abramovich did to get rich. Just from a quick look at Wikipedia's Abramovich entry: "...in 1992 he was arrested and sent to prison in a case of theft of government property....In1995...acquired the controlling interest in the large oil company Sibneft...Abramovich later admitted in court that he paid huge bribes (in billions) to government officials and obtained protection from gangsters to acquire these and other assets..."

Its no bigger a crime than charging a grand for a concert ticket, in fairness.....

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

On the 40 Licks Tour the Stones played the intimate the Joint club in Las Vegas for which top tickets went for $1,000. The scalping price for those tickets was $2,000 each. On that same tour the Stones played the relatively intimate Wiltern Theater in L.A. and—for whatever reason—charged $50 a ticket but the scalpers still charged $2,000 a ticket! I bought two scalped tickets to the Joint show for $2,000 each (and yes it was worth it) and I was happier knowing a greater percentage of that cash was going to the Stones than would have been the case if I'd bought a scalped Wiltern ticket. I'd say the Wiltern scalpers are the corrupt ones in this equation. And Abramovich is more like them than he is like Mick.

Date: December 30, 2011 22:25

Gazza
mickschix
How do you know his girlfriend is prettier, where's the photo so we can decide??

Dashia Zhukova - Roman's girlfriend - is on the left.

Abramovich owns Chelsea FC, is the 53rd richest man in the world (aged only 45) and the second richest person in the UK. Not bad for a guy who was orphaned by the time he was five.

Dasha Zhukova was Marat Safin's girlfriend for a while (~ 2005)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 30, 2011 22:47

Title5Take1
Gazza
Title5Take1
Mick wouldn't pull the corrupt sh*t Abramovich did to get rich. Just from a quick look at Wikipedia's Abramovich entry: "...in 1992 he was arrested and sent to prison in a case of theft of government property....In1995...acquired the controlling interest in the large oil company Sibneft...Abramovich later admitted in court that he paid huge bribes (in billions) to government officials and obtained protection from gangsters to acquire these and other assets..."

Its no bigger a crime than charging a grand for a concert ticket, in fairness.....

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

On the 40 Licks Tour the Stones played the intimate the Joint club in Las Vegas for which top tickets went for $1,000. The scalping price for those tickets was $2,000 each. On that same tour the Stones played the relatively intimate Wiltern Theater in L.A. and—for whatever reason—charged $50 a ticket but the scalpers still charged $2,000 a ticket! I bought two scalped tickets to the Joint show for $2,000 each (and yes it was worth it) and I was happier knowing a greater percentage of that cash was going to the Stones than would have been the case if I'd bought a scalped Wiltern ticket. I'd say the Wiltern scalpers are the corrupt ones in this equation. And Abramovich is more like them than he is like Mick.

Methinks thou dost protest too much!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 31, 2011 01:45

Maybe they can just call the next tour "The 1%ers tour 2012" and charge $5,000-$25,000 per ticket.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 31, 2011 01:46

On a philosophical level though it doesn't matter how you have earned your property as Mr Proudhon lays out in "What is property". Property is theft he says. However he makes a difference between legitimate and illegitimate property.

Date: December 31, 2011 02:18

I always thought Abramovich lived in Kensington.

According to this article - published a few weeks AFTER the one quoted in the first post - he now lives in Kensington Palace Gardens

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Confusingly, whilst it mentions Lindsey House (the Cheyne Walk pad) it seems to suggest a couple of paragraphs earlier that its in Lowndes Square, Belgravia, which isnt the case.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: December 31, 2011 03:21

Gazza

Confusingly, whilst it mentions Lindsey House (the Cheyne Walk pad) it seems to suggest a couple of paragraphs earlier that its in Lowndes Square, Belgravia, which isnt the case.

Makes no sense to me either, Gazza. But hey, it's the Mail!

Drew

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 31, 2011 03:28

drewmaster
Just discovered this article ... I wonder if it annoys Mick that his next-door neighbor has a personal fortune that is FORTY TIMES the size of Mick's, a bigger house, AND a more beautiful girlfriend!!

[www.thelondonmagazine.co.uk]

Drew

The guy only has one girlfriend? What a loser.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 31, 2011 03:33

Brue
drewmaster
Just discovered this article ... I wonder if it annoys Mick that his next-door neighbor has a personal fortune that is FORTY TIMES the size of Mick's, a bigger house, AND a more beautiful girlfriend!!

Drew

I bet he steals his newspaper in the mornings!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 31, 2011 03:35

Chris Fountain
Brue
drewmaster

Drew

I bet he steals his newspaper in the mornings!
I bet he does too....
You ever notice that the richer they are, the cheaper they seem to be?

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: December 31, 2011 03:38

Edith Grove
I'd imagine that Mick knew going in that his neighbor has "bigger and better," so I doubt that it bothers him.
Mick might have thought differently when he was much younger, but I doubt that he thinks that way now.

If you're in your late sixites, still in excellent health, and doing what you want to do with the people you want to be with,
would it bother you if your neighbor had more than you?
You'd be a pretty miserable bitch if you let that get to you.

Very profound, Edith.thumbs up

Date: December 31, 2011 03:50

For a rock and roller and a putative rebel I must say that he seems very class-conscious and bourgeois. Now he is an esteemed member of the same bourgeois he started out ridiculing and criticizing. Janus face, anybody?

Date: December 31, 2011 03:55

Stoneage
For a rock and roller and a putative rebel I must say that he seems very class-conscious and bourgeois. Now he is an esteemed member of the same bourgeois he started out ridiculing and criticizing. Janus face, anybody?

??

Mick's been social climbing since the mid-60's.

Its not as if he was ever spouting venom on an entire class of people.

This 'class rebel' thing has always been something of a myth.

Date: December 31, 2011 04:10

Sure, but I guess his mom and dad would have been more proud of him had he stayed at LSE and become a respectable member of society in the first place. Now he has to compensate by buying the grandest (or next grandest) estate in Chelsea. Just speculating...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 31, 2011 05:54

Mick's pretty savvy on money...you honestly think he'd overpay for something??...and would you really want to have to open up your home and your privacy to people by law 4x a year when you are already one of the most famous people on the planet?? The answer is no.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2190
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home