Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT, OT, OT...
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 23, 2018 10:17

80% OT posts among the first 10 posts... Have the Stones become so unimportant to us?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-23 10:19 by midnrambler.

Re: OT, OT, OT...
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 23, 2018 10:23

Hey! My post is the only non-OT there! How proud I am!

(mind you, the tour is over, there's no real news about upcoming developments, so it's not all together surprising. Kind of nice that we still like to hang here and chat)

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 23, 2018 11:17

...Moreover: isn't THIS one 'OT' as well?
So shouldn't the title read: "OT: OT, OT, OT..."?!?

Also: when do we get to talk about the Stones again?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 23, 2018 12:17

midnrambler
80% OT posts among the first 10 posts... Have the Stones become so unimportant to us?

What is interesting here is that "What are you listening to this very second?" post only has 575 shares. Seems low to me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 23, 2018 12:19

575 pages ……

ROCKMAN

Date: September 23, 2018 12:25

Even the 575b page number seems low to me. It is one of the oldest threads on this site.

Of course, the most popular thread is "Some kinda Stones Connection" thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 23, 2018 12:40

hhhaaa … no have a look Chris ..... Cindy's thread is on 575

ROCKMAN

Date: September 23, 2018 12:49

But weren't some of these threads purged around 2004-2005? Of course not SKSC thread as it is very important and a core topic. If "What are you listening to this very second" is up to date, would it be around 2000 pages??

It is 5:45 Sunday Morning here in Stuart Fl. and I'm thinking about this? I am a true Stones fan.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 23, 2018 13:19

what is going on in Stones related matters? if there was some new music or actual tour news (not endless unsubstantiated rumours) there would be more Stones posts. not much of anything at all going on that i can see. some topics have been done to death (beatles vs stones comes to mind) with nothing fresh being added. during a down period like this the forum serves as a place for people with similar interests to communicate, which is a good thing. lots of cool people (& some not so cool) post here.

Date: September 23, 2018 13:29

No Worries - Seattle will beat Dallas. And there are others strange matchups today. Some matcups include uncommon opponents - Oak -Mia , N.E. -Det etc...

More on this later in the other OT Thread smiling smiley

Date: September 23, 2018 15:49

It's tough. The Stone are old. They have simply not done anything new in studio. They are too old to be in fashion news anymore.
We have discussed every nook and cranny of their recordings to death.
We are lucky to still have this active board. I remember how many Stones pages there were in late 90's to 2000. all defunkt.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 23, 2018 19:21

If there are too many OT posts on IORR theh I might delete some of them. After all this is a Stones site. Sure it is ok to talk about other thingsd in life, but if 3 out of 4 posts are OT then it is too much.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 23, 2018 20:05

If there was a more interesting archive release on the immediate horizon I might want to talk about that.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 23, 2018 22:00

If there were signs of progress on a studio album of original songs, there'd be less OT threads. Otherwise, there's no current or imminent tour and the next archive release was just announced, which quiets discussion on those fronts for a while. The best/worst lists have been flogged, unless you want to break it down to things like favorite love songs for overcast Tuesdays. And just how many ways are there to slag the Beatles, Who, and Led Zeppelin in comparison to the Stones? Which leaves with speculation about septagenarian love lives, which just isn't all that interesting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-24 04:08 by ab.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 24, 2018 04:04

According to AARP (American Association Retired Persons for those who don't know), septuagenarians (and older) can have very active love/sex lives. This brings up a statement from The Gray Panthers and other groups regarding aging and sex: "Use it or lose it." So, do all or just a few of the Stones follow this maxim? Do we?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home