Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Do You Get Overwhelmed By This Site?
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 14, 2018 13:57

I have introduced many friends here, and without exception, they are overwhelmed and intimidated by the volume of available stuff. My son-in-law, for example, felt he had a serious Rolling Stones CD collection, but when exposed to the volume of freely available stuff here, said 'when is it enough' resonated.....,. Do you collect......or .... Listen, or watch....

Or just download

Re: Do You Get Overwhelmed By This Site?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 14, 2018 14:10

midimannz
Do you collect......or .... Listen, or watch....

Or just download

yes I collect, listen, assess! cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-14 15:14 by dcba.

Date: September 14, 2018 14:44

Its a committed relationship.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 14, 2018 14:49

Just live it ….. Its a way of life …. It'll keep ya alive ...

…… If ya wanna stay in a pit …. follow Adell ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: September 14, 2018 15:52

Life is Good(made better by iorr.org)Enjoy the Ride...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 14, 2018 17:24

All diehard Stones fans collect

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 14, 2018 18:45

It's so overwhelming that I chose to obtain all of their songs on CD with the least amount of repetition possible. To achieve it, there were a lot of CD singles to get. Quite a few box sets to get (in my case break up). Japan versions for that 1 bonus track and in recent years, Ward Records Japan for those exclusives they get. Even after all that, I still had to get material currently available as a download only.

It seemed natural that if you are a fan of a Rock band that collecting all of their songs was the obvious choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-14 18:48 by nick.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 14, 2018 18:47

Yes, then I remind myself while Ronnie may want me to have a $500 limited edition coffee table book of his magic marker setlists, I don't have an obligation to buy it. Probably.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: September 14, 2018 19:57

1) Overwhelmed mainly by the different versions of recent shows that pop up. Every time I download a show I went to, another version pops up and I have to download it to see if it sounds better than the one I already have (and convert it from FLAC to mp3!); oddly enough, half the time the version of a show I already have sounds better than the new one that pops up, so that's lots of time that went right out the window (but I'm still grateful to those who take the trouble to upload stuff)

2) Overwhelmed also by the sheer amount of information, but when I have lots of free time, it's fun to dive into the threads, especially the Album Talk threads. I've also learned about More Stoned Than You'll Ever Be, a killer compilation that has stuff that's missing from the London Singles/Flowers/Metamorphosis and other compilations.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 14, 2018 22:19

uh nope

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 14, 2018 23:09

it's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder sometimes

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 14, 2018 23:23

the rolling stones are an overwhelming band historically.

the discography of the band is complicated and to figure out how to get every song with minimum repitition is extremely difficult to figure out.

the rolling stones are a hobby to me and one that takes up a lot of time, money and effort.

but the rewards are well worth it.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 15, 2018 10:34

Overwhelmed by 47-page threads that go on for a year speculating when and where there may possibly be shows, and what the setlists might be.

Overwhelmed when a few posters, who change their handles and pretend to be new people compulsively post every day, on almost every thread, usually uncritical praise.

Baffled sometimes by things like when a post on a new Altamont book gets started and almost as soon as I post something, the thread is reported for some reason and that relegates the thread to permanent obscurity, since it was folded into another previous [awful, contentious, obnoxious] post that was shut down, effectively shutting down any further discussion or exchange on the new book and Altamont more generally.

Otherwise, just not focusing on the Stones very much and rarely com here, so not overwhelmed smiling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 15, 2018 10:54

swiss
Overwhelmed by 47-page threads that go on for a year speculating when and where there may possibly be shows, and what the setlists might be.

Overwhelmed when a few posters, who change their handles and pretend to be new people compulsively post every day, on almost every thread, usually uncritical praise.

Baffled sometimes by things like when a post on a new Altamont book gets started and almost as soon as I post something, the thread is reported for some reason and that relegates the thread to permanent obscurity, since it was folded into another previous [awful, contentious, obnoxious] post that was shut down, effectively shutting down any further discussion or exchange on the new book and Altamont more generally.

Otherwise, just not focusing on the Stones very much and rarely com here, so not overwhelmed smiling smiley

You forgot one !!

Overwhelmed by people (like me for example) who harbour a pathological hatred of British Airways and the secondary market .... topics that have created monster threads of their own on here, and that go on and on and on and on and ......................... grinning smiley

I also harbour an intense dislike of Liam Gallagher, we can create a monster thread for that if you like ?

Nah ... maybe not ? Now that would be overwhelming ! grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 15, 2018 14:43

I still find enough useful information here to come back and read...
although it requires skimming through the spamming whiners who post their same crap in every thread...

It would be VERY useful to have an "IGNORE" feature where one could list the names of the same predictable Stones bashing whiners who never say anything new or interesting... yet they seem make up 50-60% of the posts here... they really clog threads up with their BS.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 15, 2018 15:46

Can we have another Mick T versus Ronnie thread please? That was good

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 15, 2018 15:47

Or bring back the pre and post Brian thread

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 16, 2018 00:05

I just come for the avacado dip. It’s really good.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 16, 2018 01:04

Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the sheer stupidity of some of the posts. smoking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 16, 2018 01:05

12 years ago I got overwhelmed By IORR, the amount of bootlegs, outtakes, pictures and whatever I downloaded in total 116 GB wich contians 13.168 Files

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2018 01:19

…. I use ta care …. but things have changed …………………………………………………….. L.D.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: September 16, 2018 01:48

Welcome to the hotel IORR-ia.
Any bootleg year, you can find it here.
You can check out anytime you like, but why would you ever want to leave?

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 16, 2018 19:16

Yes.
The stuff you find here is prodigious.
The knowledge and the finesse of analysis of some people are also unbelievable, as well as are their patience and empathy.
Not to forget the good humour.
This site is a piece of art, of permanent construction of smart humanity, and I'm not saying that to please anyone.
God bless you all.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 16, 2018 19:25

I agree

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 16, 2018 19:51

Great site, and I learn something every day regarding the Stones and/or music in general - some very respectable Rolling Stones experts on this site.
And when the loonies come out of their bin to monitor threads and patrol the site as if it's their own, it's laughable as they usually end up getting banned themselves.
Hats off to bv for keeping a level head and an open mind amidst the wide variety of opinions - keep on rolling. thumbs up

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 16, 2018 19:51

Koen
Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the sheer stupidity of some of the posts. smoking smiley

Quite agree ... & I really must try and restrain myself ! grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 16, 2018 19:56

paulywaul
Koen

Quite agree ... & I really must try and restrain myself ! grinning smiley

if I can outstupid it you can outstupid it

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: September 16, 2018 20:11

I can't get no satisfaction!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 16, 2018 20:37

Whining about the so-called whiners while hurling insults and wreaking havoc...twice in the same thread?!!!
Wondering if it will be three times!!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 16, 2018 21:38

Leonioid
Pretty good site except for the looney forgetful fritterers who seemingly can not help repeating themselves as they post the same whines over and over and over again, posting the same negative things about The Stones. Repeating the same complaints about no new album, ticket prices being too high or needing a new stage. It is kind of sad how they have not said said anything new in years, but it may be heredity, maybe Alzheimer's or something? Maybe we should feel sorry for them. They seem like oldpeople in an old folks home retelling the same story over and over... and it seems that it makes them feel good to be so negative and complain all the time.... so who knows. It is a pretty sad deal.

Maybe someday there will be a cure, I hope so.

In the mean time brace yourselves for another retelling of desert trip, stories of how The Stones music has sucked since 1974, claims of never going to another show, hoping they can get people banned, then blathering how The Stones need to release a new album and wanting another tour so they can... who knows?

Maybe best to just nod and say "OK Granny"

The predictable response to the "whiners" can become just as tedious as the alleged whining. Maybe you should just say OK Granny and let them get on with it for a bit. The site won't fall apart!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-16 21:39 by Green Lady.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2137
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home