Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great Keith-interview
Date: August 20, 2018 12:14

I had this on an old VHS-tape. Nice to see it again.

A very candid and serious Keith.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Great Keith-interview
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2018 12:34

…..Yeah!!! … great stuff ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 20, 2018 12:48

Good interview though inevitably (at the time) heroin becomes the central talking point. Totally different to Jimmy Paige who puts the subject off limits. Never found the theory about musicians-andrenalin-heroin use very convincing though. The interviewer, as usual goes along with the celebrity and doesn't challenge.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 20, 2018 13:21

Better quality version:
[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 20, 2018 16:50

It’s funny it says”rare” interview.did Keith ever see a journalist he wouldn’t talk to?
This was the beginning of the 80s Keith who made up stories.saying he went to a junkie house and “somebody would get paranoid and next thing you know bullets are flying”sounded better than “I sat in my room at the Waldorf and a currier dropped off a package”.

Date: August 20, 2018 16:59

lem motlow
It’s funny it says”rare” interview.did Keith ever see a journalist he wouldn’t talk to?
This was the beginning of the 80s Keith who made up stories.saying he went to a junkie house and “somebody would get paranoid and next thing you know bullets are flying”sounded better than “I sat in my room at the Waldorf and a currier dropped off a package”.

This wasn't that kind of interview, though.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: August 20, 2018 19:30

Jailed for a year after the Redlands bust???? where'd they get that nonsense???

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 20, 2018 19:49

DandelionPowderman
lem motlow

This wasn't that kind of interview, though.

He literally tells that story IN THIS INTERVIEW.i like Keith and it sucks that he took on that “mr drugs” persona.instead of being known for his songwriting and playing first he’s thought of as a burnout who fights with Mick Jagger.
He’s a bit behind the times,it was cool to be out of it and wasted in the 60s and 70s and in today’s world people tend to think of you as a bit of a joke if you’re drunk and high all the time.

Date: August 20, 2018 20:34

The reporter brought it up, and Keith elaborated a bit - hesitantly.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 20, 2018 20:36

GAFF
Jailed for a year after the Redlands bust???? where'd they get that nonsense???

What he says is "He was jailed for a year but released after appeal" which is what happened.
The initial sentences were a year for Richards and three months for Jagger but after the furore over the harshness of the sentences they were both released after one night in the cells and the sentences were quashed.

[youtu.be]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 20:55 by Deltics.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 20, 2018 20:49

Seems a bit odd that Keith is touting a "new" Xpensive Winos hat today.
Maybe not that odd as I don't keep up on his offerings via his own site, but strikes me as unusual (?)

[twitter.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 20, 2018 22:44

Oh yeah I’ve seen this one a few times
What I remember the most is his revelation of keeping an apt in Paris ;-)
Keith never brings up drugs it always is put on him,
and he answers. He’s agreed to talk, so he does.
He’s talked a few times about the ugliness of it, too.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 21, 2018 00:34

The interview shows a man who is deeply impressed by himself.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 21, 2018 08:22

windmelody
The interview shows a man who is deeply impressed by himself.
Thats the flipside of him giving up heroin.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 21, 2018 13:43

This interview brings me great memories. Parts of it were used in English TV Documentary 20 YEARS ON (or something to the effect), made during/after 1982 tour. I bought it as a pirate VHS version (including some other footage; that was the deal then - one could decide which stuff would be included to those 180 mins - the only way back then for me to get great Stones footage stuff), I guess 1982/83.

Anyway, for a young fresh Stones fan mr. Richards looked, acted, and sounded so damn cool. The soft, reflective way of talking, dark, deep eyes, little moves... The coolest person on earth me thought. Probably I would think differently now, but I cherish those memories...

Just a minor comment. Damn, I recall how back then he looked so damn old in a posivite way - a man of experience - been there done that all, etc. All of that to be written in his essence. Now he looks as a young dude haha... I guess I am a bit older now too...grinning smiley

EDIT: oh yeah, he is the the BBC 1982 documentary I referred to (first of two parts) : [www.youtube.com]

Some cool Alexis Korner, Georgio Gomelsky interviews as well, etc. Still good stuff. Bill's comment of Mick's memory ("hopeless") and of Woody as a "young boy, don't know much" is priceless, too...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 14:00 by Doxa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1926
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home