Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Nerd question: The "1" on Hate It When You Leave?
Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: August 20, 2018 21:27

Guys,

This is something I find a lot of musicians around me disagree on, but I really like to think my "1" is the one.

On Hate It When You Leave off Main Offender, my feeling is that if one chord is one bar, the bass drum is on the 1 and the 3 (5th eighth) and the snare drums are on the 2nd, 4th 6th and 8th eight note. (which means the introfill starts on the 2-uh, not the 3).

This is the way I naturally feel it, but I seem to be in the minority amongst musicians. Going against my feel is that the chords are played on the snare drum, but that wouldn't be the first time on a Keith record.

Anyone willing and able to chime in? Or should I just try and get through to Steve Jordan for the answer? This is driving me crazy.

Re: Nerd question: The "1" on Hate It When You Leave?
Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: August 20, 2018 22:15

Do you need an ALKA-SELTZER pill?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2018 22:36

thijs1981
I seem to be in the minority amongst musicians.

You intellectualize too much so that makes you not a musician but a music student. thumbs down
Leave the brain at the door and feel the song, that's what Keef would tell you.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 20, 2018 23:08

Yes, he would and then he and Chuck Berry would fight over what key a song should be played in for twenty @#$%& minutes because they go by "feel."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home