Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Tour Announcement?
Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: July 24, 2018 21:01

Seems to me that the recent activity on facebook by the band appears to indicate an imminent announcement? Any credence to this thought by those in the know? Could this bode well for some mid to late fall North American dates by chance?

Re: Tour Announcement?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 24, 2018 21:08

What recent activity suggests that an announcement is imminent?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 24, 2018 21:55

bye bye johnny

What recent activity suggests that an announcement is imminent?

Changing the Profile-picture - [www.Facebook.com] ?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 24, 2018 22:00

twitter => [twitter.com]

but I don't think they'll announce a tour – not during the summer holiday season

Date: July 24, 2018 22:14

Likely that 86ing the No Filter Tour image was a couple weeks overdue.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 24, 2018 23:25

slewan

but I don't think they'll announce a tour – not during the summer holiday season

Yep, not now - but maybe early/mid September which is in 6-7 weeks. Maybe already some preparations until then ....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 25, 2018 14:08

If.. there will be another tour next year, there wont be an announcement till november. maybe together with the release of Beggars Banquet deluxe.
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 25, 2018 20:07

I rarely look at their facebook page, but scrolling back through the last few weeks lots of activity indeed with new posts almost every day.
Even today they randomly posted a link to the official She's So Cold video.

Irix
slewan

Yep, not now - but maybe early/mid September which is in 6-7 weeks. Maybe already some preparations until then ....

thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 25, 2018 23:22

Tours are announced approx two months ahead of the first show. So far there are no rumours about any shows this year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 26, 2018 10:08

Another thing I have come to respect and love The Stones for... The short fuse on selling tickets and when the show happens. I heard on the radio today some DJ blathering how excited he was that Mateallicka was coming back in concert and he couldn't wait for it and he got his tickets... FOR A SHOW HAPPENING NEXT FEBRUARY OR MARCH... 2019!!!

I think it is rude and disrespectful for a band to want to hold fans money that long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-26 10:10 by Leonioid.

Date: July 26, 2018 10:11

and again I am reminded it is almost 2019...
where is the flying car I was promised in all those movies!?

Date: July 26, 2018 12:16

If there is a show to be announced you will know it by reading this forum. At the moment as BV said; no specific rumours so no announcement to be expected soon

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 26, 2018 12:31

Leonioid
Another thing I have come to respect and love The Stones for... The short fuse on selling tickets and when the show happens. I heard on the radio today some DJ blathering how excited he was that Mateallicka was coming back in concert and he couldn't wait for it and he got his tickets... FOR A SHOW HAPPENING NEXT FEBRUARY OR MARCH... 2019!!!

I think it is rude and disrespectful for a band to want to hold fans money that long.

The Stones used to do the same in times past. The reason for the shorter lead time is Insurance Costs, which at their ages is very expensive. It is chargeable per day between tour anouncement and show day.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: July 27, 2018 03:06

How about a new LP announcement??!!

Date: July 27, 2018 03:11

Wondering if they'll resort to selling discounted tickets on Groupon as they did with some of the No Filter shows.
If the prices are too high, I expect many discounts to be had for those willing to sit out the initial rush of overpriced ticket sales.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 27, 2018 03:24

Never too early to start predicting widespread discounting or whining about the potential price of tickets, imo.
Weeks after yet another hugely successful sold out tour sounds about right.

Date: July 27, 2018 04:37

Groupon helped them sell many tickets during No Filter in case you missed it, and there were many price adjustments due to the flex pricing .
Not to mention massive loads of Lucky Dips available up to the day of certain shows. Looking forward to the same situation if and when they return.

Date: July 27, 2018 04:53

Meh.
AEG didi the same with Taylor Swift, Sheehan et al.
The promoters did their job, filling all those stadiums for anybody in that relatively small geographic area was impressive. The Stones made it easy for them.

Flex pricing and other discounted ticket options are part of the blueprint now, and judging by the attendance totals and revenues looks like they know what they're doing.

Date: July 27, 2018 05:02

That's right, and looking forward to it happening again.
Not sure how that can be considered a "whine" as I see it as reason to rejoice - the more discounts the merrier.

Date: July 27, 2018 05:25

Hope it happens again as well.
If Lucky Dips and "Lucky Groupons" are offered the way they were during the last tour (with similar "success rate", I'd likely use a different strategy and buy multiples in lieu of higher priced tickets. Wouldn't change a thing on the last one though, but Golden Circle tickets and GA standing haven't been offered in NA cool smiley.

Disagree on the "rush of overpriced tickets" general characterization (whine) though. Pit tickets aside (and many feel they represent good value to them) the price levels on many/most of the tickets were a good value imo, (GC and GA particularly) not to mention the LD's etc. A similar pricing structure on the next tour would be most welcome!

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: July 27, 2018 05:40

Mick practically announced a fall tour today!smoking smiley
"Thank you for all the birthday wishes, I’m enjoying a break and I got a new bush hat!"
Enjoy your break birthday boy, you deserve it! See you this fall.

Date: July 27, 2018 06:01

MisterDDDD
Disagree on the "rush of overpriced tickets" general characterization (whine) though.

I said "if the prices are too high" which is pure speculation - not a general characterization (or whine).
But it's clear that anything that comes remotely close to sounding like a criticism of the band will be considered a whine by you which isn't surprising.

Date: July 27, 2018 06:51

U2Stonesfan
Mick practically announced a fall tour today!smoking smiley
"Thank you for all the birthday wishes, I’m enjoying a break and I got a new bush hat!"
Enjoy your break birthday boy, you deserve it! See you this fall.
thumbs upsmileys with beer
[www.dailymail.co.uk]
I knew bush would come back... sooner or later grinning smiley

Q.
A. With a toothpick

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 27, 2018 07:58

PaintitBlue
Seems to me that the recent activity on facebook by the band appears to indicate an imminent announcement? Any credence to this thought by those in the know? Could this bode well for some mid to late fall North American dates by chance?

Not being smart .. but nothing points or indicates a tour announcement right now. They just finished a tour. Micks on Holiday with the family .. There are no shows up coming .. They are not going to announce a tour now.. just two weeks after their last tour concluded.

Facebook profile images changes don't mean much at this time. Just sayin .. (there is no tour announcement coming).

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 27, 2018 08:02

Hairball
Groupon helped them sell many tickets during No Filter in case you missed it, and there were many price adjustments due to the flex pricing .
Not to mention massive loads of Lucky Dips available up to the day of certain shows. Looking forward to the same situation if and when they return.

Yet, like every other year, they can play 15 shows and still be one of the top 10 money making tours of the year. 2018 will be no different.

Date: July 27, 2018 08:09

mpj200
Hairball

Yet, like every other year, they can play 15 shows and still be one of the top 10 money making tours of the year. 2018 will be no different.

Yes amazing, and a reflection of their high ticket prices which on average are probably the highest of any band.
If they sell enough of the overpriced tix during the initial sales it's no big deal to discount a bunch later as they've already made enough to be ranked high on the money making list.

Date: July 27, 2018 16:25

Hairball
MisterDDDD
Disagree on the "rush of overpriced tickets" general characterization (whine) though.

I said "if the prices are too high" which is pure speculation - not a general characterization (or whine).
But it's clear that anything that comes remotely close to sounding like a criticism of the band will be considered a whine by you which isn't surprising.

Well.. that changes everything.
Crazy to think you, of all people, would already be criticizing the band for "overpriced tickets" and "resorting to Groupon". I mean, "if" you did winking smiley

Date: July 27, 2018 18:56

MisterDDDD
Hairball
MisterDDDD

Well.. that changes everything.
Crazy to think you, of all people, would already be criticizing the band for "overpriced tickets" and "resorting to Groupon". I mean, "if" you did winking smiley

Keep rationalizing, defending, and justifying the prices, and I'll keep speculating and questioning them.
And relax - you're acting like an angry little watchdog dog the band has hired, and if there's any hint of something wrong being said, you come out growling to protect them. lol
Just by mentioning Groupon and overpriced tickets, there's no reason be so sensitive and defensive about it!

Here's to hoping they return MisterDDDD - whatever the prices may be. thumbs up

Just hope they don't try and charge up to $900+ for Pit tickets as they did for Berlin. I think that set a new bar, and *Vegas is no longer the most expensive!

Date: July 27, 2018 19:06

MisterDDDD and Hairball, perhaps you missed the sage advice proffered recently - [iorr.org]

Date: July 27, 2018 19:19

bye bye johnny
MisterDDDD and Hairball, perhaps you missed the sage advice proffered recently - [iorr.org]

Yeah sorry I did see that bye bye johnny, and point taken.

"I think humans should be able to accept different opinions whithout acting like cats fighting for territory".

thumbs up

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home