Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Rolling Stones took all my energy
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 14, 2018 21:06

Roger Waters is performing at the Telenor Arena Oslo Norway tonight and tomorrow night. I am a big fan of both Roger Waters and David Gilmour, and normally I would go.

Today I went for the tickets web site and looked for a ticket to the show tonight, it cost just 50 - 100 Euro, pocket money vs a Stones show. It is half an hour travel by bus or train door to dor, I could even bike there. I had the ticket in my shopping cart but then all my energy is gone. I just left it there. I don't feel ready for any performances.

Always after tours, I am out of energy. I can bike around like a zombie, I can do my shopping and all the regular stuff, like garden work and daytime work, but anything extra, like going to a concert, going on a holiday, anything else than just hanging around in the sofa, it's just a drag.

Normally, when there are no tours, I am everywhere. When the Stones did not tour, during 2009-2012, I climbed Kilimanjaro six times. Biking and running races every week-end. I am loaded with energy normally. But not now.

The Rolling Stones took all my energy. I hope it will be back in time for the next tour.

Bjornulf

Re: The Rolling Stones took all my energy
Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: August 14, 2018 21:15

Well I think after the next Stones Tour announcement the energy will be back....

smoking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 14, 2018 21:18

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 14, 2018 21:32

bv
Roger Waters is performing at the Telenor Arena Oslo Norway tonight and tomorrow night. I am a big fan of both Roger Waters and David Gilmour, and normally I would go.

Today I went for the tickets web site and looked for a ticket to the show tonight, it cost just 50 - 100 Euro, pocket money vs a Stones show. It is half an hour travel by bus or train door to dor, I could even bike there. I had the ticket in my shopping cart but then all my energy is gone. I just left it there. I don't feel ready for any performances.

Always after tours, I am out of energy. I can bike around like a zombie, I can do my shopping and all the regular stuff, like garden work and daytime work, but anything extra, like going to a concert, going on a holiday, anything else than just hanging around in the sofa, it's just a drag.

Normally, when there are no tours, I am everywhere. When the Stones did not tour, during 2009-2012, I climbed Kilimanjaro six times. Biking and running races every week-end. I am loaded with energy normally. But not now.

The Rolling Stones took all my energy. I hope it will be back in time for the next tour.

This happens to me from time to time.

Go to anything and everything 6 or 7 times then suddenly long periods where I can barely leave the house. Like now. Same thing happened for Roger Waters here last year.

FWIW, as great as the actual music is, Roger Waters is basically a high tech puppet show so I didn't feel any sense of loss like I do when missing some other shows like when I hear the band played a specific song or whatever. In this case my friend said it was great "You should have seen the screen." "OMG I missed the screen!"

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 14, 2018 22:05

What a drag it is getting old

By the way, Norway did very well during athletic european championship (and you could sit in your sofa)...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 14, 2018 22:49

‘hope it will be back in time for the next tour.’

Do you really think they are going to announce another tour?
Really, really. Do you really?

Put your feet up Bjornulf, you’ll be shoveling snow in no time.
And only Rocky D. can pull out a Superheavy ‘Energy’ reference lol

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: August 14, 2018 23:05

Kilimanjaro six times? Damn! Impressive!

Date: August 14, 2018 23:16

I do believe they will not tour North America until next year, so I should have plenty of time to restore the usually high energy level I use to have...

Bjornulf

Date: August 14, 2018 23:20

GAFF
Kilimanjaro six times? Damn! Impressive!

Right? I was gonna say it. Still prefer the Sierra foothills except the fires but anyway
do you think Bjornulf is hinting at Fall shows?

Date: August 14, 2018 23:22

bv
I do believe they will not tour North America until next year, so I should have plenty of time to restore the usually high energy level I use to have...

Oh I see we posted at the same time well Fall is here now really anyway
Bjornulf I won’t nag you like an online wife
but I’m sure you’ve had a checkup
None of us are spring chickens
except Mick’s girlfriends grinning smiley
take it easy-

Date: August 15, 2018 00:22

Try a little Red Bull and Vodka

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2018 00:25

Comin' down again …..

Don't fret BV …. It's called Stones Lag ……..it comes in many forms … you will overcome

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 15, 2018 00:26

Go see Roger Waters tomorrow night - it's an incredible show and probably the last chance you'll ever have to see him in your city.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 00:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 00:33

bv

and a little bit of your money too...

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 00:38

After only making Coventry (from Toronto) I was able to summon up enough energy to see Gary Clark Jnr last week. He was amazing but it's not quite the same and my remaining energy is focused on the 2019 leg of the tour. Can't come soon enough.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 00:55

Roger is excellent in concert and I'm not a huge Floyd fan. The laser pyramid that forms over the crowd on the floor is probably the coolest thing I've seen at a concert.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 15, 2018 02:19

They took all my money. (for now) Im hoping they take more next year grinning smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 15, 2018 02:23

RMNice1958
After only making Coventry (from Toronto) I was able to summon up enough energy to see Gary Clark Jnr last week. He was amazing but it's not quite the same and my remaining energy is focused on the 2019 leg of the tour. Can't come soon enough.

After making every UK / Ireland show EXCEPT Coventry, I had a blast at Gary Clark Jr last week. The Danforth needs air conditioning... grinning smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 15, 2018 02:25

Rx for Bjornulf: 2 quarts of strawberries while watching Ole Ole Ole.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 15, 2018 03:24

No tour til next year, no fall tour. It's too soon, they need to recuperate, they aren't spring chickens anymore.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 06:11

they cant leave it to long a time or they will lose the momentum they built up in the last part of the 2018 european tour.

doubt i will afford a us tour next year so hoping for another euro tour after that.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 08:53

I know now, why i was so creased after walking Snowden a couple of weeks ago.

And that is only 3 concerts!!!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 14:46

SomeTorontoGirl
RMNice1958

After making every UK / Ireland show EXCEPT Coventry, I had a blast at Gary Clark Jr last week. The Danforth needs air conditioning... grinning smiley

That was some effort STG, considering where you live! I met you at the IORR Band gig at the H & A. I live here and even then it took a lot out of me to be constantly on the move and going back to work intermittently for a month, travelling to all shows bar Ireland by land. Though a bit wearing, no regrets at all - not at 30 quid + fees a ticket in UK grinning smiley

I can identify with what Bjorulf says though. I don't feel like going to any shows by anyone at the moment and have none booked until December. I'm burnt out on gigs for the time being and happy not to travel much for a while.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 15, 2018 17:18

Finish the album and then tour

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 15, 2018 17:44

I thought something was wrong with me since I didn't attend any shows on this leg.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 15, 2018 18:05

I saw him August 5th...
I can only say that you get some good coffee to make the energy level higher, get up and go. It's a great show, great sound and visuals.
If you're in the front row he might even high five you smiling smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:03

Me too! But quite sure once that announcement is made for the next tour, we will all be bouncing!

Enjoy the calm before the storm, BV!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 21:27

bv

Very recognizable, Bjornulf. I went through something similar around the end of the last Century and the first half of the New Decade. It's definitively "Stones addiction". It really sucks all energy out of you. Luckily the band had a long break after 2007, so I could easily "kick off". As of 2012 I do "a bit of" Stones non-stop every year and it feels good. Now it feels like drinking a great beer (there actually is a beer brand named Stonessmileys with beer) on hot summer days. I love it. Can't wait until the next tour though (still some addiction???)
Take it easy, man! You deserve it!thumbs up

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 16, 2018 00:29

It's bad enough when my favorite bands take all of my money .... but they had better not try and take all of my energy! grinning smiley

Date: August 16, 2018 09:32

I pulled myself together and went to the last of the two Roger Waters shows here last night. After all he got great reviews from the first show, and I know it is a great show.

Sure it was a great show, but it was being at the cinema. Great music, great musicians, unique visuals, but it made me just miss a real Stones show even more. In fact now I know why I go to see the Stones. It's the pure music, the raw rock'n'roll, the honest riffs, and the fact that every night is different. And of course, meeting a lot of friends at every show.

But my energy will be back, no worries, this happens after every tour, it is the price of staying in Stonesland for too long. I just miss it so badly. I don't need a doctor. I need the Stones!

Bjornulf

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home