Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Any Streetheart fans here...
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 16, 2018 06:22

They are truly a great Canadian band. They were influenced by The Stones. Give a listen to their version of Under My Thumb on YouTube.Especially the live one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-16 06:24 by babyblue.

Re: OT: Any Streetheart fans here...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 16, 2018 06:38

Thought this was Steelheart. Never heard of Streetheart.

Date: August 16, 2018 08:51

SomeToronto Girl any comments..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-16 08:53 by babyblue.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 16, 2018 11:25

I thought Streetheart was a Dion DiMucci album from the 70s ? Hmm

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 16, 2018 13:23

I thought 'Sreetheart' was an 80s Patrick Swayze movie

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 01:32

babyblue
They are truly a great Canadian band. They were influenced by The Stones. Give a listen to their version of Under My Thumb on YouTube.Especially the live one.

I wouldn't say they were a "great" Canadian band. Certainly not as popular as their Canadian peers around the same time like Triumph/Trooper/Prism/BTO/April Wine/Red Rider/ Loverboy, etc.
Not a huge fan of their version of UMT but I do like What Kind of Love Is This which came out when I was in high school!

Although I didn't go to the concert, I do know they opened for AC/DC in Vancouver in July 1980, one of the very first shows with Brian and I think Back In Black was released literally that same week. Vancouver Sun review wasn't too kind to either band!

Date: August 17, 2018 06:43

Oh really thanks for info. In my books I think they were underated but very good.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 07:29

Hey Babyblue, where abouts do you live? Since Streetheart was from Regina perhaps they were big in the prairies. Judging from the other responses, I don't think many people outside of Canada know who they are!

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 09:10

When two of your own band members leave to join ‘Loverboy’ you might as well ditch the rock n' roll dream and get a job working construction. But Streetheart played on and thanks to Canadian content laws I heard them on the radio growing up. But that’s the only reason most Canadians have heard of them – the government made us. Glad I don’t live in that cold totalitarian place anymore. Having said that, Kenny Shields (RIP) had a decent voice (if you like that Rod Stewart rasp) and their Under My Thumb cover is hot. They just didn’t have quite enough talent to cross the border.

Date: August 17, 2018 09:29

Swayed1967
When two of your own band members leave to join ‘Loverboy’ you might as well ditch the rock n' roll dream and get a job working construction. But Streetheart played on and thanks to Canadian content laws I heard them on the radio growing up. But that’s the only reason most Canadians have heard of them – the government made us. Glad I don’t live in that cold totalitarian place anymore. Having said that, Kenny Shields (RIP) had a decent voice (if you like that Rod Stewart rasp) and their Under My Thumb cover is hot. They just didn’t have quite enough talent to cross the border.

Nicely put, thanks. Although they couldnt break into the US
market I think they were very good. They had a big following in parts of Canada. Where did you live in Canada?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-17 10:04 by babyblue.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 17, 2018 14:48

[www.youtube.com]

Sounds like Marc Bolan Glammed for the 1980's (T-REX) does the Stones... Actually if this had come out in 74 in England it would have smashed Slade off the Charts

P.S. First Time i've heard this in my life and i had to post the link, come on guys if your discussing a track post a link if you can

I totally dig some of this Canadian Era rock, Guess Who at The Paramount, B.T.O., April Wine (from Trailer Park Boys to be honest) and Loverboy with "Turn Me Loose" "Working For The Weekend" "Lovin" Every Minute Of It" became a staple of the 80's here... Heck even Gordon Lightfoot's Sundown (such a great rhythm)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-17 14:59 by SKILLS.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2018 16:03

Their cover of Here Comes The Night is a bit better than UMT I think. Great observation about the 'glammed up' TREX does the Stones, SKILLS.

On balance an ok Canadian band but not a lot of depth.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 17:30

Dont know em

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home