Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Memory Hotel
Posted by: Turner ()
Date: December 20, 2011 18:57

I remember talk about a planned archive release called Memory Hotel that was scrapped 10 or so years ago. Can someone enlighten me with more details as to what happened and what might have been on this release? Much appreciated, thanks

Re: Memory Hotel
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 20, 2011 18:58

Turner
I remember talk about a planned archive release called Memory Hotel that was scrapped 10 or so years ago. Can someone enlighten me with more details as to what happened and what might have been on this release? Much appreciated, thanks

please submit this to the official Gazza Mailbag. thanks.

Date: December 20, 2011 19:05

StonesTod
Turner

Right, you're the "funny" poster

Date: December 20, 2011 19:06

Turner
StonesTod
Turner

no, i'm just the bike courier messenger

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 20, 2011 19:08

StonesTod
Turner
StonesTod
Turner

The one with the flat tire...peace.

Date: December 20, 2011 19:11

Naturalust
StonesTod
Turner
StonesTod
Turner

The one with the flat tire...peace.

yeah, luckily i belong to AAB...they're sending over a tow bike within the next hour...

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: December 20, 2011 19:31

I think its flat TYRE, Happy Christmas and a TOUR in the New Year smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 20, 2011 19:45

Turner
StonesTod
Turner

Hey
Looks aren't everything....

Date: December 20, 2011 19:48

Munichhilton
Turner
StonesTod
Turner

Hey
Looks aren't everything....

that's true...i also smell funny and walk with a funny, bow-legged limp...

Date: December 20, 2011 20:12

now I understand completely

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: December 20, 2011 22:32

Apparantly a collection of B-sides and Outtakes from Voodoo Lounge and Bridges To Babylon, planned to be released as promotion for the No Security Tour in 1999. They worked on it for several weeks during 1999, then it got delayed, then cancelled...

Date: December 20, 2011 23:26

Blueranger
Apparantly a collection of B-sides and Outtakes from Voodoo Lounge and Bridges To Babylon, planned to be released as promotion for the No Security Tour in 1999. They worked on it for several weeks during 1999, then it got delayed, then cancelled...

it included outtakes from the some girls era...including fiji jim...according to sources close to the source...or sources close to the sources of the source....

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: December 20, 2011 23:36

So they had two golden opportunities to release Fiji Jim and failed both times. That really hurts.

Date: December 20, 2011 23:40

Hillside Blues
So they had two golden opportunities to release Fiji Jim and failed both times. That really hurts.

i know. it's like they really hate us real fans or something. not that i blame them, but still...

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: December 21, 2011 00:08

yeah I mean, two more versions of So Young and Don't Be A Stranger?

I'd like to believe they are saving Jim for something else but not sure anymore.

Date: December 21, 2011 00:12

Hillside Blues
yeah I mean, two more versions of So Young and Don't Be A Stranger?

I'd like to believe they are saving Jim for something else but not sure anymore.

it's prolly what they spent last week rehearsing in chelsea for the big 2012 hoopla...

Date: December 21, 2011 00:14

prolly

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 21, 2011 02:23

The album was cancelled due the poor sales for No Security, Virgin didn't want a rarities album released only 3-4 months after a low selling album.

The "rumored" tracklist included all the studio b-sides released during the VL and B2B albums (The Storm, So Young, Jump On Top Of Me, I'm Gonna Drive, Anyway You Look At It) and 5-6 outtakes from VL and B2B (Honest Man, Zip Mouth Angel, High Or Low, Ever Changing World...)

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 21, 2011 02:50

georgelicks
The album was cancelled due the poor sales for No Security, Virgin didn't want a rarities album released only 3-4 months after a low selling album.

The "rumored" tracklist included all the studio b-sides released during the VL and B2B albums (The Storm, So Young, Jump On Top Of Me, I'm Gonna Drive, Anyway You Look At It) and 5-6 outtakes from VL and B2B (Honest Man, Zip Mouth Angel, High Or Low, Ever Changing World...)

What a load of crap that would've been.
I'm glad they chose not to release it george!

How many times is So Young gonna come at us....are they trying to make something happen through song?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home