Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Mick Jagger whistle test special BBC 4 tonight
Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 28, 2018 04:16

grzegorz67
I definitely watched this when it was originally broadcast in 1985. I was coming up on 18 and getting stressed up about my A levels, which I sat a few months later.

With only 4 channels on U.K. TV back then and obviously no internet, getting any kind of news on the Band was impossible, especially if, like me no-one else you knew took much interest in them. They were generally seen as very passé and old hat at that stage of their career and their later resurgence was some way off.

But their hardy core of loyal fans stuck by them thumbs up

I was 14 when this was originally broadcast having been a fan for about five years, and like you I remember any clips or mentions of the Stones on TV as being pretty rare and exciting.

I still remember those occasional appearances on Whistle Test, The Tube and even Pop Quiz quite vividly as they really didn't happen often.

Regarding the Jagger Whistle Test special, I seem to remember a short version was trailed within a regular edition of the show with the full version broadcast as a stand alone programme a few weeks later.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home