Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Pretty Things - final bow etc.
Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: July 20, 2018 16:34

...the band the Rolling Stones could have been winking smiley

"Last ever" show, O2 London December http://www.theprettythings.com/products/o2-indigo/33978

Good recent session on BBC 6 Music: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b94x3p

Re: OT: The Pretty Things - final bow etc.
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 20, 2018 16:51

They played in the Big Top at the Isle of Wight festival last month, and chose to perform S F Sorrow (personally I'd have liked to hear more recent stuff or some of their wonderful acoustic blues, but you can't always get what you want, and it was a good performance.) Phil May needs to remain seated throughout the show these days, so I guess that has something to do with the decision to call it a day.

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: July 20, 2018 16:58

Green Lady
They played in the Big Top at the Isle of Wight festival last month, and chose to perform S F Sorrow (personally I'd have liked to hear more recent stuff or some of their wonderful acoustic blues, but you can't always get what you want, and it was a good performance.) Phil May needs to remain seated throughout the show these days, so I guess that has something to do with the decision to call it a day.

I'd have been happy with SF Sorrow - great album.

Looks like they are doing an acoustic set at the Eel Pie Club in September though: http://www.eelpieclub.com/

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 21, 2018 00:34

Green Lady

Phil is suffering from COPD from what I have read.

I hope they will concentrate on some more vault releases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-21 00:35 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 21, 2018 00:42

Playing shows down here again in October ….
Thru good ole mate "Dirty Howard" met Phil and Dick last time they were down here …. Fookin' funny times …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 21, 2018 00:52

Green Lady

Probably promoting this great upcoming box-set: [www.theprettythings.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home