Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Nick Cave
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: July 19, 2018 02:39

Ok then what Nick Cave album(s) should I start with?

Re: OT: Nick Cave
Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 19, 2018 03:31

First born is dead.Boatman's call,Tender pray,No more shall we part.....that is a good start.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 19, 2018 03:37

Shott

He also put out a greatest hits album about 20 years ago.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 19, 2018 03:44

Live Seeds.

Date: July 19, 2018 05:21

The Boatman´s call is a good start (if you like heartbreaking ballads), as well as the latest albums like skeleton tree, push the sky away or even let love in. Afterwards you can get familiar with his crazy way of music he did in former times...

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 19, 2018 08:54

Probably all written above is true. Anyway I would start with either
Let Love In, because for me it´s most of what´s left of the "old" Nick Cave, beautiful songs, not too heavy, still no music for an elevator in a mall, classics on board you might get to hear live, great album.
Or start with the double album Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus. Probably drugs still played a role in the writing process (judging from the wonderful concert in Munich I witnessed on that tour), everything is there from praying to preaching, from modern Blues to Rock ("There she goes my beautiful world"), soulful, heavy, intense, great.
Have fun - and stay away from bottles and blades...

Cheers, Fillmore

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-19 14:51 by Fillmore.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 19, 2018 08:59

Your Funeral... My Trial

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 19, 2018 12:21

Shott

go to see him live!!!!

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: July 19, 2018 12:51

Dig, Lazarus Dig!

Let Love In

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 19, 2018 13:00

Bastion
Your Funeral... My Trial

...is what BV probably thinks when he notices we're all just opening new threads AGAIN with questions and/or statements that really are better placed in other, recent, already opened threads... [ iorr.org ] smoking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 19, 2018 13:08

Tender Prey or Henry's Dream are a good blend of his many talents as songwriter and dark-punk roller

For a Stones fan I would suggest The firstborn is dead since it is so drenched in the blues tradition for both music and lyrics. also a cover of Wanted man is there. Over all it is still my absolute fav

If you are more a punk type you will love From her to eternity (or the bithday party stuff)

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 19, 2018 13:18

Cristiano Radtke
Live Seeds.

thumbs up

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 19, 2018 20:42

He also put out a greatest hits album about 20 years ago.[/quote]

Nick Cave also quite recently put out a bigger Greatest Hits compilation called Lovely Creatures which is quite good.

I also agree with another post that mentioned the Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus 2 CD set. That's the one that started me on getting hooked. He has a pretty immense catalog - he ranges from screaming rockers, to beautiful ballads. Lots to explore including books, movies, soundtracks...not much that isn't worth a look/listen. He's an amazing talent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home