Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
R & R Hall of Fame -J Geils ?
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 17, 2011 03:29

Are these greats in the R&R Hall of Fame??

Re: R & R Hall of Fame -J Geils ?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 17, 2011 03:34

Sure, why not? Put Pete Rose in too.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 17, 2011 03:40

71Tele

Well, the J Geils Band gambles with Rock and Roll and not Money, Mister!!

LOL U2 reference

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 17, 2011 03:55

It's a crime, but they are not in.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 17, 2011 04:47

The only crime here is that a modern music, and rap, muesum in Cleveland calls itself, holds itself out to be, "THE" be all, to all, Rock and Roll HOF.... it is NOT THAT... and IT should have that name stripped. period. That place is a tourist attraction period.

They had their chance and they blew it, and EVERYONE KNOWS IT. end it now.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 17, 2011 05:06

71Tele

Nah, he already made it into the WWE Hall of Fame.

I'd really like to see Heart make it in though - to the RR HOF that is.

As a non-purist, I'd rather see Donna Summer make it in rather than, or at least prior to, more rappers etc...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 17, 2011 05:19

I'll take J. Geils over a lot of people already in. Full House is one of my top five greatest Live albums ever made.

Date: December 17, 2011 07:13

how about 3 of the biggest bands from north america during the late 60's- mid 70's aren't in the HOF:
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 17, 2011 07:39

And Alice Cooper, the Pauly Shore of Rock & Roll, is in before them.

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: December 17, 2011 07:53

Some other bands not in the Hall:

Deep Purple
Jethro Tull
Rush
Peter Frampton
Joe Cocker
Steve Miller
Bad Co
Moody Blues
Yes
Stevie Ray Vaughan

The Hall is a phoney.

Date: December 17, 2011 08:12

keefriffhard4life
how about 3 of the biggest bands from north america during the late 60's- mid 70's aren't in the HOF:
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

These bands are not in the HOF because they were bad.

Date: December 17, 2011 08:13

SweetThing
71Tele

Nah, he already made it into the WWE Hall of Fame.

I'd really like to see Heart make it in though - to the RR HOF that is.

As a non-purist, I'd rather see Donna Summer make it in rather than, or at least prior to, more rappers etc...

Well, Pete Rose did have 3,000 hits.

Date: December 17, 2011 08:14

24FPS
And Alice Cooper, the Pauly Shore of Rock & Roll, is in before them.

what a pretty ignorant thing to say

Date: December 17, 2011 08:15

71Tele
keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

not true at all

Date: December 17, 2011 08:22

keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive
Those three bands kick fkn ass... from "Foot stompin music" to "American Band" to "American Woman" to "working for a livin" back to Mark Don and Mel... those three band kick ass. Good ole rock and roll Music. period.

Date: December 17, 2011 08:26

Allow me to repeat...
.... Fk that modern music, and rap, muesum in Cleveland that calls itself, holds itself out to be, "THE" be all, to all, Rock and Roll HOF.... it is NOT THAT... and it should have that "rock and roll" name stripped. That place is NOTHING but a local Cleveland tourist attraction period.

They had their chance and they blew it, and EVERYONE KNOWS IT. end it now.

Why people keep talking it about it, versus pushing for a boycott is beyond me. We have been talking about how BS it is for five fkn years... time to stop the nonsense.

Date: December 17, 2011 08:28

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive
Those three bands kick fkn ass... from "Foot stompin music" to "American Band" to "American Woman" to "working for a livin" back to Mark Don and Mel... those three band kick ass. Good ole rock and roll Music. period.

i don't even like american woman that much but THE GUESS WHO released about 4 great albums in the early 70's plusa a bunch of good singles in the late 60's

Date: December 17, 2011 08:33

keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

i don't even like american woman that much but THE GUESS WHO released about 4 great albums in the early 70's plusa a bunch of good singles in the late 60's
They have 20-30 songs that are awesome e.g.

I guess I could do without some of the visuals in that video, but that is a nice recent version of the song. I saw them live up in Canada a while back, and it is astounding how many songs they have, and the same can be said for the offshoot band of Randy's and also of Mark Don and Mels band.... These guys were as HUGE as anyone back in the day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-17 08:40 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 17, 2011 08:52

from 1970-1973 grand funk railroad was easily the most popular american rock band. they were the first band ever to have 3 albums go gold in the same year and they sold out shea stadium faster than the beatles.

my favorite GUESS WHO song is "share the land"

Date: December 17, 2011 09:06

Man, I think they are the kind of band that I have no fav one song, it all blends together into one huge unending segment from Undun to Laughing to No Sugar to hang on to Your Life and These Eyes... it just goes on and on... it was the soundtrack from a happy go lucky time of my life... no worries... it was just like summer all the time... and when Randy split, he had even more success and the sound track went on... rock and fking rolling.

Date: December 17, 2011 09:41

keefriffhard4life
71Tele
keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

not true at all

OK, if you say so.

Date: December 17, 2011 09:41

Max'sKansasCity
Man, I think they are the kind of band that I have no fav one song, it all blends together into one huge unending segment from Undun to Laughing to No Sugar to hang on to Your Life and These Eyes... it just goes on and on... it was the soundtrack from a happy go lucky time of my life... no worries... it was just like summer all the time... and when Randy split, he had even more success and the sound track went on... rock and fking rolling.

GUESS WHO were able to do what few bands did. they were able to move through the various popular rock sounds as the landscape was changing while continuing to have hits and it sounded genuine the entire time. randy bachman was for sure the main talent in the songwriting department though. once he left BTO unleashed some great albums while the GUESS WHO slowly dropped off. i don't like much the GUESS WHO did after the LIVE AT THE PARAMOUNT album.

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: December 17, 2011 16:19

If the Pretenders are in the hall of fame, then All of these bands mentioned in the post should be in as well. Including Kiss!!!! Say what you will make up and Gene being an ass. They have multiple top 40 hits. Sell multi, multi millions of records. Sell multi, multi millions of concert tickets still to this day. They are the ones who created the lights, stage theatricts to a NEW level ( yes Alice Cooper was the first ) but they have to be in!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 17, 2011 16:45

stonesriff
If the Pretenders are in the hall of fame, then All of these bands mentioned in the post should be in as well. Including Kiss!!!! Say what you will make up and Gene being an ass. They have multiple top 40 hits. Sell multi, multi millions of records. Sell multi, multi millions of concert tickets still to this day. They are the ones who created the lights, stage theatricts to a NEW level ( yes Alice Cooper was the first ) but they have to be in!

I don't care a shit about Kiss - actually I can't stand them at all, and they represent everything I hate in rock and roll - but I agree. Kiss has gained its name and place in the history of rock and roll, and really put their own, original stamp on things. The existence of whole Kiss Army is argument on the behalf of the band. I see there a big unjustice that they are ignored so harshly. Terrible double standard, and makes the acts of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to look so pathetic and, worst of all, against all the spirit of rock and roll. I don't think it is anyone's business to judge the "quality" of the music by their own subjective citeria; it the goddamn influence and impact that does count; if it makes the difference or not. Kiss is no doubt one of the most influential original American rock bands ever existed.

- Doxa

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: December 17, 2011 18:15

What happened to Stephen Jo Blad?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 19, 2011 05:43

71Tele
keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

In your most humble of opinions Tele?
J Geils absoulutely belongs in the RRHOF. Whether they're in and out. They will always be one of the best kick ass bands of all time.

Date: December 19, 2011 06:24

sweetcharmedlife
71Tele
keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

J Geils absoulutely belongs in the RRHOF. Whether they're in and out. They will always be one of the best kick ass bands of all time.

In case I was misunderstood, my vote for J Geils was "yes". I think Grand Funk, BTO and the Guess Who were all rather pedestrian. Yes, in my humble opinion, of course.

Date: December 19, 2011 07:05

71Tele
sweetcharmedlife
71Tele
keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

In case I was misunderstood, my vote for J Geils was "yes". I think Grand Funk, BTO and the Guess Who were all rather pedestrian. Yes, in my humble opinion, of course.

Why dp you feel obligated to say you dont like a band when someone else says they do.... what good does that do? Why not just let someone say that they like a band and not feel obligated to chime in how you think they are pedestrian or whatever...and then repeat it over and over and over?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 07:07 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 19, 2011 07:08

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
sweetcharmedlife
71Tele
keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

YAou juts feel obligated to say you dont like a band when someone else says they do.... what good does that do? Why not just let someone say that they like a band and not feel obligated to chime in how you think they are pedestrian or whatever...and then repeat it over and over and over?

And you just feel obligated to chime in and chastise me every time I express an opinion you don't like. We've seen this movie before, so why not stop before we start, ok? What if I posted a comment every single time you put one of your giant pictures up on a thread? We all contribute and comment in our own ways. It is just my opinion that I don't think every group who happened to sell some records are HOF status, that's all. You obviously disagree on these bands, which is fine. If you don't agree with me, either tell me why you don't agree, or ignore my comments, but there is no need to slap my wrist every time I say something, like some hall monitor. Christ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 07:10 by 71Tele.

Date: December 19, 2011 07:14

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
sweetcharmedlife
71Tele
keefriffhard4life
the guess who
grand funk railroad
bachman-turner overdrive

YAou juts feel obligated to say you dont like a band when someone else says they do.... what good does that do? Why not just let someone say that they like a band and not feel obligated to chime in how you think they are pedestrian or whatever...and then repeat it over and over and over?

And you just feel obligated to chime in and chastise me every time I express an opinion you don't like. We've seen this movie before, so why not stop before we start, ok? What if I posted a comment every single time you put one of your giant pictures up on a thread? We all contribute and comment in our own ways. It is just my opinion that I don't think every group who happened to sell some records are HOF status, that's all. You obviously disagree on these bands, which is fine. If you don't agree with me, either tell me why you don't agree, or ignore my comments, but there is no need to slap my wrist every time I say something, like some hall monitor. Christ.

I asked a simple question, dont make it bigger than it is.

I simply asked why feel obligated to say to someone who is saying they like a band, that you think the band is bad? I was simply wondering.

If you ever wonder why I posted a picture and/or it seems bad to you, feel free to ask me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 07:17 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1111
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home