Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
The Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - London April/May 2018
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 19, 2018 18:21

From Sean O'Grady's Independent interview with Opie Skjerseth:

"We start rehearsals next week and we are getting ready. It's a big show, we have 25 production trucks and we're around two hundred people touring with the entourage. All the excitement is around the beginning, especially the guys."

Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts will start rehearsals for the show soon and are still yet to decide on what the final set will be.

"They're getting ready. They're working out and doing their routines. Band rehearsals go on for two weeks where they will play for a good four or five hours and play many different songs.

"They don't have a permanent set yet. There are always the favourites and then they will add in. They keep themselves fit," said Mr Skjerseth.

[www.independent.ie]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-14 23:24 by bv.

Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - April 2018
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 19, 2018 18:26

Rolling Stones get ready to start Dublin up

Short video with Opie Skjerseth can be viewed here: [www.rte.ie]

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 19, 2018 18:47

bye bye johnny
Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts will start rehearsals for the show soon and are still yet to decide on what the final set will be.

The suspense is just unbearable. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 19, 2018 19:13

The Sicilian
bye bye johnny

Laughing out loud!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 19, 2018 19:17

"What a crackin' day! Dale Skjerseth, Production Director for Rolling Stones talked all things #StonesNoFilter with us Croke Park ahead of the opening show on 17 May

DON'T MISS OUT! A limited number of extra standing & seated tickets go on sale this Monday at 9am"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 19, 2018 19:56

Cristiano Radtke
Rolling Stones get ready to start Dublin up

Short video with Opie Skjerseth can be viewed here: [www.rte.ie]

Woo Woo! That was exciting, thanks!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 19, 2018 20:03

Excitement is building!!

Date: April 19, 2018 21:17

windmelody
The Sicilian
bye bye johnny

Laughing out loud!

Yes that is some funny stuff

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 19, 2018 21:40

They will rehearse half, one, two dozens of interesting or even very interesting songs. They will play two of them, one of them only in Dublin. That's it. Maybe one or two shows will have exciting setlists, like Hamburg and Nanterre II, the others will have the usual "almost only songs that are already played to death"- setlists. Of course with the usual "rarities" thrown in to make journalists believe it's NOT only for the money. If there's a club gig, they may play more of the rehearsed gems, see Shepherds Bush 99 or LA 15. But a small gig does not to seem very likely. I still wait for the 1999 versions of One Hit, Salt Of The Earth etc. But the actual setlists of the 'normal' concerts were a little bit more interesting twenty years ago, nonetheless.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-19 21:59 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 19, 2018 21:44

If they could just refrain from playing "Miss You" again in life, it would be alright with me...then again it does provide a good time to go take a leak..

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 19, 2018 21:54

Cristiano Radtke

That grass looks gorgeous for April. Is it real or artificial turf?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 19, 2018 22:09

See bottom left for the answer.

Date: April 19, 2018 22:20

Monsoon Ragoon
They will rehearse half, one, two dozens of interesting or even very interesting songs. They will play two of them, one of them only in Dublin. That's it. Maybe one or two shows will have exciting setlists, like Hamburg and Nanterre II, the others will have the usual "almost only songs that are already played to death"- setlists. Of course with the usual "rarities" thrown in to make journalists believe it's NOT only for the money. If there's a club gig, they may play more of the rehearsed gems, see Shepherds Bush 99 or LA 15. But a small gig does not to seem very likely. I still wait for the 1999 versions of One Hit, Salt Of The Earth etc. But the actual setlists of the 'normal' concerts were a little bit more interesting twenty years ago, nonetheless.

VL in '94 had some very good set lists, and "Not Fade Away" made for a great opener.

Date: April 19, 2018 22:30

GAFF
Monsoon Ragoon

VL in '94 had some very good set lists, and "Not Fade Away" made for a great opener.

Yeah, that's what I meant. In late 94 for instance, they also didn't change the setlists much. But they didn't play almost only warhorses and live standards like today.

Date: April 19, 2018 22:41

Both Hamburg and Amsterdam had GREAT setlists last year.

Date: April 19, 2018 22:45

Hamburg really great setlist. Amsterdam was a standard setlist overall, but included one or two rarities that were not played in town before. Yeah, they doesn't play exactly the same each night, but 90 % are nearly always the same. That's ridiculous.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2018 22:54

Hamburg sure had a great setlist but the band was somehow underrehearsed. Towards the end of the tour they sounded much tighter

Date: April 19, 2018 23:03

slewan
Hamburg sure had a great setlist but the band was somehow underrehearsed. Towards the end of the tour they sounded much tighter

That's another story. I only said the setlist of Hamburg was as great as it can get nowadays. You will always find the interesting setlist early in a tour, and they will play much more rehearsed towards the end of a "leg". Including shorter and static setlists. Sort of "Wann ist die Scheiße endlich vorbei"-setlists, but technically halfway perfect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-19 23:05 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2018 23:20

Allerdings – wann ist die Scheiße endlich vorbei; fragt sich nur, ob sich das die Band oder das Publikum fragen sollte.

Anyway: This time around they should rehearse much more before the first show

Date: April 19, 2018 23:24

slewan
Allerdings – wann ist die Scheiße endlich vorbei; fragt sich nur, ob sich das die Band oder das Publikum fragen sollte.

Anyway: This time around they should rehearse much more before the first show

They always put in at least two weeks of rehearsals, but they're always knocking the rust off for the first few shows. I expect them to be a little shaky at the London shows but honestly I couldn't care less. They're the Rolling f***ing Stones and no matter how they sound they are always a thrill to see. IMO there's no such thing as a bad Stones show. They're all great as far I'm concerned.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 19, 2018 23:26

I KNEW it ........ they're gonna rehearse 2120 South Michigan Avenue !!!

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 19, 2018 23:29

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-20 09:48 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: April 20, 2018 00:14

Is that pic at Croke Park and are they rehearsing near there?

Date: April 20, 2018 00:30

2120Joe
Is that pic at Croke Park and are they rehearsing near there?

The closest they'll ever come to rehearsing in a stadium is soundcheck. They'll be rehearsing somewhere secure and indoors.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 20, 2018 01:56

yeah, they're really gonna come full circle when they open with gomper. how about ripping brian's coffin out of the ground and dragging it around the UK. that will spell authenticity.

Posted by: mgmiller ()
Date: April 20, 2018 05:32

sundevil
yeah, they're really gonna come full circle when they open with gomper. how about ripping brian's coffin out of the ground and dragging it around the UK. that will spell authenticity.

wow, I maybe stoned but that seems, a little harsh

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 20, 2018 09:02

Play with Fire HAS to make a comeback in this leg of the tour. It seemed great in Hamburg last fall.

A new song from Blue and Lonesome would be a reasonnable addition too

France never had the pleasure to get Sway. It could be good to hear it in Marseille ;-)
And why not You Gotta Move to promote the Fonda release ?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 20, 2018 12:06

scottkeef
If they could just refrain from playing "Miss You" again in life, it would be alright with me...then again it does provide a good time to go take a leak..

Miss You is one of their biggest hit, they won't skip it in stadium shows, sadly.

Tumbling Dice could be skipped IMO.
We had it on every show they played since 1972 (except CNIB, Paradiso and Double Door)
The casual fans wouldn' notice it's missing and we could have a slot for something new/rare

Date: April 20, 2018 12:09

Doc
scottkeef

Miss You is one of their biggest hit, they won't skip it in stadium shows, sadly.

We had it on every show they played since 1972 (except CNIB, Paradiso and Double Door)
The casual fans wouldn' notice it's missing and we could have a slot for something new/rare

TD is fantastic, though. The instrumental part towards the end is worth the inclusion in the setlist alone. It loosens up everybody in the audience – die-hards as well as tourists.

I'd rather see them skipping IORR or HTW.

Date: April 20, 2018 12:10

Doc
scottkeef

TD wasn't played also on some early 1976 shows. - You're right, but they love it. Many soundchecks start with TD, although there is no need to rehearse it.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home