Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Scoping the 2018 Tour
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 6, 2018 19:32

Anyone got any hard info on wifi in any of the venues? I'm hoping to scope one of the London shows from the pit, with some gear that could make for a great scoping experience.

Re: Scoping the 2018 Tour
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 6, 2018 19:49

Thank you!!

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: May 6, 2018 20:43

If there is wifi I will try to scope. No way I can without it as the data for me, US, would cost a fortune.

I scoped the Amsterdam show and had a lot of viewers. They had great wifi.

Date: May 6, 2018 23:40

I have external batteries for a good one.

Periscoping
Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: May 9, 2018 23:51

Is anyone planning to periscope Dublin? Or any other show?

Re: Periscoping
Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 10, 2018 03:17

I hope so! I’m over here in Philadelphia dying of pancreatic cancer. Hoping to see one more virtual tour. Live streaming is so much better than YouTube clips the day after. And yes I know we’re spoiled now that we even get to complain abt his type of thing!

Date: May 10, 2018 03:21

I am. I have purchased a special "head mount" that will hold the phone at the exact angle, and I have a couple of extra batteries, and will be using a second phone to make sure I'm getting good coverage. Ask a tech guy.

I already started a thread on this btw. Hope it works...

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 10, 2018 03:24

Nice! Thanks Roller. I’ll be watching.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 10, 2018 11:20

roller99

Ask a tech guy.

In particularly about the Cellular Network connections - see here: [iorr.org] ....

Posted by: sister ()
Date: May 10, 2018 11:50

What do you think about DSGVO in EU, new data law from 25.may on, will it not touch every concert photographer?
Greets Ursel

Date: May 11, 2018 20:02

Dear Lord,
I hope so too.
I missed a freeway exit today daydreaming excited my 1 show live
and
PERISCOPE LIVE OR FACEBOOK FEED.

Hear me out, I don’t mean to be obnoxious
and if the uninitiated wonder:
couch critics for free
Consider this:
Only serious fans who truly love the RS
are on time, trying like mad to catch the light
and the ON OFF ON OFF
can make a grown man cry.

Plus, whomever captures the stream for us:
Know that the grateful love vibes are real and add to your karma bank in this life.

Thank you for reading.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: May 12, 2018 18:14

I checked both Dublin and London stadium websites. It looks like no wifi, at least for the general seating and floor. Dublin has it in the boxes. Coming from the states, the data will be too expensive for me without wifi. We will see the last 4 shows as well. If any of those have wifi I will try to periscope.

Date: May 13, 2018 00:35

Stonesdude

Coming from the states, the data will be too expensive for me without wifi.

Maybe someone of the locals in Ireland and UK can give a hint if there're cheap SIM-only (30-day SIM) offerings for Cellular Networks from [www.EE.co.uk], [www.Three.co.uk], [www.O2.co.uk] or [www.Vodafone.co.uk] ....

Test results UK Cellular Networks (by P3 communications, 2014)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 13, 2018 03:17

roller99
I am. I have purchased a special "head mount" that will hold the phone at the exact angle, and I have a couple of extra batteries, and will be using a second phone to make sure I'm getting good coverage. Ask a tech guy.

I already started a thread on this btw. Hope it works...

Like one of these [www.iphoneness.com] ? Maybe ok for the stands or in the back of GA but I doubt this will last very long in the pit before security tells you to take it down...

A handheld mount like this [www.amazon.com] might be easier to pull off.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-13 15:41 by gotdablouse.

Organizing live-streams for this tour
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 25, 2018 01:34

Hello sisters and brothers,

this is my idea of getting decent live-streams from this year's tour:

I think we can consider some kind of blockage for streaming devices or streaming digital traffic from inside of the given venue.

London I and Dublin clearly prooved this. I don't think it's just because of the mass of people inside all wanting to communicate at once.

And even if, anyways: for all of us who are not lucky to be at the gig, it leaves us offline and wondering about the setlist...

=> SOLUTION: on gig nights, we have PLENTY of members online here at IORR and also many HUNDREDS of guests following the show.

Now, it should be easy to find just 1 friend out of all of these, say for the next gig, i.e. London II, tomorrow, who has no ticket, but some time left in the evening and some decent connection and a smartphone.

OK?

In this case: is it possible to place at least 1 of our friends OUTSIDE the venue and stream for the thousands waiting for it?

So we could all meet near the show and listen what's being played.
If there's no video from the gig, I really don't care that much. But to hear what's going on at the gig live I really would VERY, VERY, VERY much enjoy, even if the sound is not perfect. (We will get good videos later at YT anyway.)

Your thoughts?

C'mon - we're so many people here - there must be at least 1 of us for any of the (last) gigs of this fantastic band! There are always many people hanging around outside the venues, listening ... so why not organizing some decent streaming here??

(I tried very hard to stream, for everyone here last year from Duesseldorf and everything was fine: good connection (LTE), up-to-date-handy, powerbank, you name it... only trouble was: I was inside the venue and got blocked!)

I really would apprechiate some positive response here...

I'm so proud of this band an being a fan since 1971 when I was 11, hehehe ...

Whaddya think?

Re: Organizing live-streams for this tour
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 25, 2018 01:50

Whaddya think?

I think thought it is was a great idea... but the nasty attitudes most people here had regarding good folks capturing video at live shows removed the enthusiasm I had for doing this stuff here on IORR... I was the only one in that and other threads supporting streams and youtubes... but of course now I see some of the hypocrites who bashed the concept of good folks capturing footage at concerts now hoping begging and watching streams and youtubes...

So I moved on... but it was fun while it was fun...
Huge thanks again to the Scope Queen Debbie Tiger

Date: May 25, 2018 01:55

Leonioid
Whaddya think?

I think thought it is was a great idea... but the nasty attitudes most people here had regarding good folks capturing video at live shows removed the enthusiasm I had for doing this stuff here on IORR... I was the only one in that and other threads supporting streams and youtubes... but of course now I see some of the hypocrites who bashed the concept of good folks capturing footage at concerts now hoping begging and watching streams and youtubes...

So I moved on... but it was fun while it was fun...
Huge thanks again to the Scope Queen Debbie Tiger

Ok - understood.

BUT: I'm not talking about streaming from inside the gig. That's techically a problem by now anyway, it seems.

I'm talking about partiing and picknicking outside the venue where there's no blockage!

And if people don't like someone streaming live - let them not like it... the streamer will get hundreds or thousands of likes during the show, right?

DEBBIE - do you hear me/us?? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-25 01:57 by waterrats.

Date: May 25, 2018 02:01

Tank you again for your efforts in Dusseldorf smileys with beer MUCH APPRECIATED even if it was blocked

Also...
cheers to you waterrats for being so much fun for the live stream/threads we shared...
it was so much fun for the 5-10 regulars for 10-20 shows over a couple of tours

Date: May 25, 2018 02:06

Leonioid
Tank you again for your efforts in Dusseldorf smileys with beer MUCH APPRECIATED even if it was blocked

Also...
cheers to you waterrats for being so much fun for the live stream/threads we shared...
it was so much fun for the 5-10 regulars for 10-20 shows over a couple of tours

Awright, same here! smileys with beer

Most of all: if you're streaming from outside, who would care that you don't watch the show? hehehe ...

I don't see any problem here, exept for some techincal reasons (hardware, connection, time)

A N D: let's not forget the hundreds of folks joining in the steaming channel if there's one... they do count too, innit??

So - how about London II: who's got time to just hang out, even with no ticket?
We will be right there by your side!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-25 02:08 by waterrats.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 25, 2018 02:13

There is at least one recording that was made outside Croke Park from one of the neighbours of the stadium, and I remember reading some people on Twitter saying they could hear the sound that was coming from the London Stadium, although I don't think some of them would share a live stream with us. It doesn't hurt to ask them, though. grinning smiley

Date: May 25, 2018 02:24

Cristiano Radtke
There is at least one recording that was made outside Croke Park from one of the neighbours of the stadium, and I remember reading some people on Twitter saying they could hear the sound that was coming from the London Stadium, although I don't think some of them would share a live stream with us. It doesn't hurt to ask them, though. grinning smiley

Right - that was NIALL O' KEEFFE, having placed his smartphone inside some plant pot at his balcony or something - that was our fallback-solution in case other streams would fail - and they failed. Ok, he was a little bit too far away from the venue and you had a lot of echos, but still - you could follow the show live...

Which gave me the idea of streaming outside the venue without any problem. However, a little nearer than NIALL would be fine, hehehe ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-25 02:25 by waterrats.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 25, 2018 03:34

We were right outside while Liam Gallagher was on, and could barely hear him.

Date: May 25, 2018 04:05

nobodyimportant

Maybe another venue is better for this idea... maybe someplace with an open end or horseshoe shape, like the one time when The Stones played Dodger stadium in LA. We were still hunting for good tickets (the area for dong that was behind the open end of Dodger stadium) and when The Wallflowers opened we were still out there. To this day I am surprised how good they were, how many good songs they have and how clear we heard them. It was a clear as... it could be. It would be a PERFECT place for waterrats idea.

I became a Wallflower fan that night, but I still have never seen them, just heard them live that one time... good times

Date: May 25, 2018 15:51

Leonioid
nobodyimportant

Maybe another venue is better for this idea... maybe someplace with an open end or horseshoe shape, like the one time when The Stones played Dodger stadium in LA. We were still hunting for good tickets (the area for dong that was behind the open end of Dodger stadium) and when The Wallflowers opened we were still out there. To this day I am surprised how good they were, how many good songs they have and how clear we heard them. It was a clear as... it could be. It would be a PERFECT place for waterrats idea.

I became a Wallflower fan that night, but I still have never seen them, just heard them live that one time... good times

Nice story! Worth checking out the Wallflowers...

As for the venue the Stones play: I DON'T CARE! grinning smiley

As long as I can recognuíze the songs they play, I'm happy! Any better quality than this is naturally very much apprechiated!

I don't see any real Problem here to get this thing going!
We only need 1 or 2 persons posting their planned hanging out at the venue here at IORR.

It just can't be THAT difficult, folks, right?

Let's roll on: I don't want to miss any gig they play anymore, because the end will definitely come, sadly.

Date: May 25, 2018 19:55

waterrats

The difficulty is the connection to the Cellular Network in and also around the venue - I had no data connection in 2014 around Berlin Waldbühne and around Berlin Olympic Stadium, also no data connection in 2017 around Hamburg Stadtpark.

If the capacity of the Cellular Network is generally that weak around the venue then someone at the fence has also barely a chance to send a Livestream.

The best would be someone who lives in the neighborhood and could stream the sound from the open window over his private subscriber line. Or from a similar constellation like this ....

Date: May 25, 2018 20:24

Irix
waterrats

The difficulty is the connection to the Cellular Network in and also around the venue - I had no data connection in 2014 around Berlin Waldbühne and around Berlin Olympic Stadium, also no data connection in 2017 around Hamburg Stadtpark.

If the capacity of the Cellular Network is generally that weak around the venue then someone at the fence has also barely a chance to send a Livestream.

The best would be someone who lives in the neighborhood and could stream the sound from the open window over his private subscriber line. Or from a similar constellation like this ....

Oh man - I think I get it all together now.
So there's always this blockage near the venues also when they play soccer? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case - after all, people pay hard cash for SKY or whoever has the rights to let you see the game taking place. I guess that's the reason, why the Scopes don't run anymore.

I only don't know, how far that blockage reaches. If you stay outside the stadium, and you have a decent provider, how can they have a right to close you off from phoning or streaming? They don't - that's my opinion.

Anyways - there must be some way we get this thing going and for tonight: only 2 hours left!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: May 25, 2018 20:28

waterrats
Irix
waterrats

Oh man - I think I get it all together now.
So there's always this blockage near the venues also when they play soccer? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case - after all, people pay hard cash for SKY or whoever has the rights to let you see the game taking place. I guess that's the reason, why the Scopes don't run anymore.

I only don't know, how far that blockage reaches. If you stay outside the stadium, and you have a decent provider, how can they have a right to close you off from phoning or streaming? They don't - that's my opinion.

Anyways - there must be some way we get this thing going and for tonight: only 2 hours left!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Unfortunately it looks to be the case, even when there's a football match. See here: [iorr.org]

Date: May 25, 2018 20:41

waterrats how was the info leaked out London 1?
Christiano has connections, thankfully, it seems.
I have accepted no live feeds for ‘No Filter 2’ and instead have waited for concert attendees to post their utube or Facebook uploads.
It was fun hearing ‘Fool To Cry’ total surprise for the setlist, then see the warmup clip, then the concert footage clips!

Date: May 25, 2018 20:46

35love
I have accepted no live feeds for ‘No Filter 2’ and instead have waited for concert attendees to post their utube or Facebook uploads.
It was fun hearing ‘Fool To Cry’ total surprise for the setlist, then see the warmup clip, then the concert footage clips!

My connections are more or less the same as everyone else's on this board. grinning smiley

Date: May 25, 2018 21:00

Cristiano Radtke
35love

My connections are more or less the same as everyone else's on this board. grinning smiley

True and very many thanks for that, Christiano!!

I had understood that a friend of Christiano SMS'ed (!) him the setlist from London I. For Dublin: we had our friend streaming in the neighbouhood from the venue...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home