Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
It's almost over...what's next
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 19, 2018 08:59

So, a few more dates left.Whats next. Time for r&r? Then USA next year or is it just wishful thinking. Myself I cant see them continuing touring after next year. What with their ages especially Charlie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-19 09:04 by babyblue.

Re: It's almost over...what's next
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: June 19, 2018 09:18

babyblue
So, a few more dates left.Whats next. Time for r&r? Then USA next year or is it just wishful thinking. Myself I cant see them continuing touring after next year. What with their ages especially Charlie.

I guess you haven't see them yet, this year? They are in a phantastic shape!Anyway, yes, they are between 71 and 77. Let's see, what happens.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 19, 2018 09:24

Gimmie Gimmie …… that new album ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 19, 2018 09:47

Doesn't matter. I think they played their last gig a long time ago.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 19, 2018 10:37

babyblue

Whats next ??
Hopefully a new album and do some shows next year to promote the album, possibly some November December shows this year if the album gets out in time for the Christmas Market.

But first of all a long drive to London for tonight's show winking smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 19, 2018 10:54

Following the success of Blue & Lonesome they should do something similar. Make another great covers album. No need more than 2 or 3 days in the studio.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-19 10:57 by 1962.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 19, 2018 11:06

Is a new album necessary if they do not play it live? I am not sure. They played only three song from "Blue and lonesome". They hardly play anything they have done after 1981.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 19, 2018 11:35

babyblue

Are you able to enjoy with the current instant? "What next?" and "What next?" and after that "What next?"
It's like people only interested by breaking news and not 5 minutes later because they already belong to the past!

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 19, 2018 12:37

Asia Pacific

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 19, 2018 14:03

I heard from someone close to the band that they will tour Europe in2019 one last time.
Jeroen

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 19, 2018 14:10

corriecas
I heard from someone close to the band that they will tour Europe in2019 one last time.
Jeroen

Cool beans! Hope to see them again in Paris :-)

Posted by: samMuc ()
Date: June 19, 2018 14:12

corriecas
Jeroen

Thank You for the Info.
This would be my bet, too as there are still many areas in europe that were not covered by the no filter tour, yet.

...one last time... did he really formulate it that way ? I mean OK, if we think about it realistically. Somehow these three words make me very sad sad smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 19, 2018 14:16

I would be pleased if they toured Europe again next year. I think a lot of people like to travel here anyway.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 19, 2018 14:16

I read somewhere this is their last tour.

Rumours, rumours, rumours... smoking smiley

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: June 19, 2018 14:27

Koen
I read somewhere this is their last tour.

Rumours, rumours, rumours... smoking smiley

Yeah, this and the next five!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 19, 2018 16:16

Rockman deserves a show in his hometown!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 19, 2018 16:17

ouroux58
babyblue

Are you able to enjoy with the current instant? "What next?" and "What next?" and after that "What next?"
It's like people only interested by breaking news and not 5 minutes later because they already belong to the past!

:-)
No cryin’ until after July 9th WARSAW

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 19, 2018 16:28

Long may they run. Hard to imagine they're planning to finish in Warsaw, no offence to Warsaw.
However, it may end up as an unplanned ending :-( which is probably more likely whether its in 2018 or 2028

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 19, 2018 17:35

Forget Europe they had it two years in a row now.USA/Canada it's our turn next especially Canada where there they haven't had them for a long oftime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-19 17:37 by babyblue.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 19, 2018 18:04

Okey, on a more serious note: I think the options are three:

1) Another tour (like this one) in the autumn or spring next year. Maybe in the USA.
2) No more tours. Instead selected gigs in big cities. Like New York. Or London.
3) They quit... *

* (Touring I mean. They will never officially quit. Maybe finish up some work in the studio instead. Or attending re-issues. Or simply go on with their private lives.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-19 18:25 by Stoneage.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 19, 2018 18:14

The Rolling Stones will continue touring I'm sure

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 19, 2018 18:29

I still believe there will be more shows, probably in 2019...

The stage set-up on No Filter debuted in 2017, and it would showcase as all-new anywhere but Europe... a big expense for 2 legs of 25-30 shows total.

I can see major markets like New York, LA and London serving as locations for a "residency" approach, as we see many artists doing in Vegas these days, albeit on a much smaller scale. I think this idea has been floated on IORR for several years, and it could be a good option.

In the meantime, I'm gonna pay down the plastic in hopes of more chances to see The Stones, hopefully in uncharted territory for me, as there's no better vacation, personally, than going to a new city to see them live!

Everyone enjoy the remaining dates, and if you don't have a ticket, get one and go see the show! They really are playing well, and enjoying themselves tremendously, and that translates to the audience!!

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 19, 2018 18:49

And you'll find more and more situations like in Cardiff on "You can't always..." and "JJFlash".

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 19, 2018 19:05

If they do a tour,I don't think you have to wait as between
1982 European tour & 1989 Steel Wheels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-19 23:57 by tioms.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 19, 2018 19:09

Urban Jungle was 1990 Europe

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 19, 2018 19:16

I would say boldly and without any source to back it..
Odds are 51% they perform for the 60th anniversary of the group.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 19, 2018 19:34

Should be clear by now that they'll keep going as long as health allows, that message seems pretty clear. The only one who might conceivably quit without a clear health reason is Charlie, I suppose.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 19, 2018 20:08

They easily will keep on going for another 4 years..health permitting.
This based on the Southampton n Edinburgh gigs i have seen.
Jeroen

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 19, 2018 21:24

The plan is another short tour next year and a new studio album next year. That's been the word for a bit now.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 19, 2018 21:30

frankotero wrote:

"I would be pleased if they toured Europe again next year..."

Me too! I think they could visit cities like Porto (last time they played there was 2006), Bilbao (2003) or San Sebastian (2007). A few cities in East Europe plus some in big markets,like Germany, France, Italy, where there is always demand. Let's see...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home