Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
Cardiff Wales UK travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:40

Please post all your comments, questions and info regarding the Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2018 in Cardiff Wales UK here.

Cardiff song vote:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-15 10:44 by bv.

Re: Cardiff Wales UK travel and show info
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:43

Will this be the only British/Welsh stadium with a roof?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:47

odean73

Yes. There are only 2 stadia in the UK with a roof. The other one’s Wembley and its roof doesn’t cover the whole pitch as that memorable shot of Steve McClaren standing under his brolly in the rain in his final match before being sacked shows....

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:54

What are the cardiff prices?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 23:05

grzegorz67
odean73

Yes. There are only 2 stadia in the UK with a roof. The other one’s Wembley and its roof doesn’t cover the whole pitch as that memorable shot of Steve McClaren standing under his brolly in the rain in his final match before being sacked shows....

thumbs up

Date: February 27, 2018 00:07

Any idea on a layout?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:25

This is the London show's pricing structure, assume same/similar(??)

No Filter Pit B Standing £399.95 Ticket + £52.00 Fees

No Filter Pit A Standing £399.95 Ticket + £52.00 Fees

Gold Circle Standing £249.95 Ticket + £32.50 Fees

Wheelchair Area £179.95 Ticket + £23.40 Fees

Upper Tier £179.95 Ticket + £23.40 Fees

Middle Tier £179.95 Ticket + £23.40 Fees

Lower Tier £179.95 Ticket + £23.40 Fees

Ambulant Seating £179.95 Ticket + £23.40 Fees

Pitch Standing / Limited Unreserved Seats £89.95 Ticket + £11.70 Fees

Posted by Irix in other thread..
www.Ticketmaster.co.uk

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:21

wow -- that works out to be $600 USD for the pit --- makes US prices look cheap

Posted by: tinnitus ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:32

Has anyone any hotel tips for Cardiff? It looks like I might have lucked out because there isn't a lot of availability in the area on the sites I'm looking at (booking.com etc)

Date: February 27, 2018 10:42

tinnitus
Has anyone any hotel tips for Cardiff? It looks like I might have lucked out because there isn't a lot of availability in the area on the sites I'm looking at (booking.com etc)

You may wish to look east for hotels in Newport (10 mins train) or Bristol (50 mins by train).

Alternatively, you may look West towards Bridgend, Port Talbot, Neath and Swansea (20, 30, 40 and 50 mins by train respectively)

Date: February 27, 2018 10:57

Rollin92
tinnitus

You may wish to look east for hotels in Newport (10 mins train) or Bristol (50 mins by train).

Alternatively, you may look West towards Bridgend, Port Talbot, Neath and Swansea (20, 30, 40 and 50 mins by train respectively)

Newport is good, however no so sure about Bristol. The Trains back through the Severn Tunnel to Bristol, Swindon,London etc stop running from Cardiff Central about 9pm. I’ve been caught out by this. After the ABB Show in 2006, I had to wait up at the Railway Station until my train back to Swindon at 6am.

Posted by: tinnitus ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:59

Thanks both!

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:29

grzegorz67
Rollin92
tinnitus

Newport is good, however no so sure about Bristol. The Trains back through the Severn Tunnel to Bristol, Swindon,London etc stop running from Cardiff Central about 9pm. I’ve been caught out by this. After the ABB Show in 2006, I had to wait up at the Railway Station until my train back to Swindon at 6am.

They usually put extra trains on for events in Cardiff now. Have done many Bristol to Cardiff gigs by train. Of course, always double check first!

Edit: I also got caught out in the early 00's with trains but I'm sure they have now changed due to complaints!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 11:33 by petewasbristol.

Date: February 27, 2018 11:32

petewasbristol
grzegorz67
Rollin92
tinnitus

They usually put extra trains on for events in Cardiff. Have done many Bristol to Cardiff gigs by train. Of course, always double check first!

There wasn’t after the ABB show and myself and a couple of dozen other Stones fans had a night under the stars out the front of the station...

Date: February 27, 2018 11:35

grzegorz67
petewasbristol
grzegorz67
Rollin92
tinnitus

They usually put extra trains on for events in Cardiff. Have done many Bristol to Cardiff gigs by train. Of course, always double check first!

There wasn’t after the ABB show and myself and a couple of dozen other Stones fans had a night under the stars out the front of the station...

Sorry to hear that! I drove to that gig but I know that they have scheduled trains for special events in Wales since! Have done a number of gigs at Millenium stadium in past decade and got a direct train to Bristol Parkway at about 11pm. Always be sure and double check I guess!

Edit: I see the last train this Friday (to Bristol) is 9.30pm. They would indeed have to be special trains for the gig!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 11:39 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:56

petewasbristol

Edit: I see the last train this Friday (to Bristol) is 9.30pm. They would indeed have to be special trains for the gig!

Must be engineering - they normally run much later than that

Date: February 27, 2018 12:14

syrel
petewasbristol

Must be engineering - they normally run much later than that

The fun and games of British rail!

Date: February 27, 2018 12:37

Cardiff prices start at £79.95

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Date: February 27, 2018 12:40

Rollin92
Cardiff prices start at £79.95

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Which is 20pound cheaper than the cheapest london ticket!

Pit will be the same though.

Date: February 27, 2018 14:42

I'll be after 2 Lower Tier A for Cardiff

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 18:13

WTF - Royal Mail for UK only delivery method so no way to buy tix!

Date: February 27, 2018 19:23

Need 4 Lower Tier 1 A

Date: February 27, 2018 19:36

petewasbristol
grzegorz67
petewasbristol
grzegorz67
Rollin92
tinnitus

Sorry to hear that! I drove to that gig but I know that they have scheduled trains for special events in Wales since! Have done a number of gigs at Millenium stadium in past decade and got a direct train to Bristol Parkway at about 11pm. Always be sure and double check I guess!

Don't be sorry - it was all a good laugh grinning smiley. The gig was in late August and very warm. I knew about no late trains back before show day and was primed for it. Got a 10 pound advance return from Swindon and arrived in Cardiff at about 6pm, ticketless. There were loads of spares for sale everywhere and a buyers' market if ever there was one. So I had a look to see where the touts were operating and I found one on Queen Street. Beat him down from £90 to £70 for a £162 ticket up front, lower tier and at the side of the stage. It was incredibly easy. Will probably repeat the feat this year thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:55

[www.Ticketmaster.co.uk] -- [Platinum.Ticketmaster.co.uk]

All Platinum-Ticket prices (at the time as posted here):

£520 - No Filter Pit A/B Standing
£350 - Gold Circle Standing
£280~£340 - Upper Tier
£265~£340 - Lower Tier
£230~£340 - Middle Tier
£310 - Pitch Standing - No Access to Seats

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 1, 2018 21:42

Cricket fans? England and Australia are playing a one-day international the day after at Cardiff's 16,000-seat cricket stadium, which looks very cosy:

[tickets.glamorgancricket.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 2, 2018 21:00

Official Ticket prices - [www.AXS.com]

Date: March 4, 2018 00:56

I hope they shut the roof for the concert

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 4, 2018 01:03

DeanGoodman
Cricket fans? England and Australia are playing a one-day international the day after at Cardiff's 16,000-seat cricket stadium, which looks very cosy:

[tickets.glamorgancricket.com]

Ah HAA! So cricket fan Mick has been rumbled. He's geared the show of the date around that so he can just mosey along over there, no sweat, the following day!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 5, 2018 15:06

Very frustrating buying tix for Cardiff for international buyers as only shipping option offered is UK mail through AXS..

Select a delivery method
Royal Mail Signed For™ (UK only) £5.25
Order Summary
Item: Qty: Price: Total:
No Filter Pit 1 £399.95 £399.95
Service Charge 1 £35.00 £35.00
Royal Mail Signed For™ (UK only) 1 £5.25 £5.25

Total: £440.20

Not even a will call option..
Scored Lucky Dips earlier (even tho charged shipping, those have to be held in WC) Can buy through Ticketmaster w reg shipping options if/when Platinum pricing goes away,but the only UK shipping through AXS has got to be hurting international sales.

Posted by: fedecarp ()
Date: March 5, 2018 16:20

I bought a GA through AXS and select that option (the only one offered), but I hope they finally fix this problema by sending e tickets or opnening a Will Call Window the day of the show for all the international buyers.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home