Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Anthony Bourdain, RIP
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 15:16

[www.cnn.com]

Man, this one hurts. I loved his travel and cooking shows, especially Parts Unknown on CNN...my friend and I would binge them on Netflix in recent years. He was so sharp, funny, scathing, and inquisitive.

RIP.

RIP Anthonny Bourdain
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 8, 2018 15:18

Sad news. Goodbye rock and roll Chef.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Re: OT: Anthony Bourdain, RIP
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 8, 2018 16:05

Wow....suicide even. That is really sad.

Mathijs

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 8, 2018 16:16

Oh no! I am shocked, and really gutted. Can’t even process this one. Deepest sympathy to his daughter and loved ones. RIP.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 16:44

I am so sad to here this, r.i.p. Anthony.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 8, 2018 17:06

Wow. What a shock and such sad news to hear. I loved his Kitchen Confidential book and gave copies to friends who were into cooking or not. RIP Mister B.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 8, 2018 18:53

A great shame

Nate

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2018 18:58

Wow no way...what a shocker....
My wife and I really enjoyed his show 'Parts Unknown'....learning about the history, the people, and the food of various places throughout the world.
I know he had some demons from the past w/drugs, etc. which he was always open about, but he seemed to have conquered it all and really enjoyed life.

RIP

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 8, 2018 18:58

Damn.
Horrible news.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: June 8, 2018 20:14

WOW SHOCKED!!

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 20:17

I had to read the name twice, before I realized that my eyes did not deceived me. I loved how straight forward, brutally honest, and open he was. And I still love it...

And he was critical. Critical about American food, which he still loved so much.

Now he is God's chef.

Cheers to you!

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: June 8, 2018 20:56

Can't wrap my mind around these latest( Bourdain, Spade) millionaire suicides, I know we all have our issues, but if they came and lived one day in my life, trying to squeeze pennies, daily, they would run kicking screaming back to their zillionaire lives.....

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 8, 2018 22:25

A while ago I read that he wanted to interview Keith; too bad that it won't happen. Anthony was one of a kind in the media world; a traveler interested in foods, books with a heart of rockandroll.
Rock and roll,
mops

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 8, 2018 22:27

Anthony and Iggy …….. Miami 2017

Anthony and Iggy ………….. 2017

SAD NEWS …. Safe Journey Anthony

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 9, 2018 00:50

I could not believe it when I saw the news this morning. He was the sort of person we need more of in the world, not less. He had passion for his work and boundless creativity, was always open to exploring new cultures with an open mind and looking for common ground, and was boundlessly entertaining. I was lucky to see his one man show in Dallas a couple of years ago, and it was a wonderful night--he was smart, funny, informative. And he knew his music inside and out. He will be missed.

BamaStone
Can't wrap my mind around these latest( Bourdain, Spade) millionaire suicides, I know we all have our issues, but if they came and lived one day in my life, trying to squeeze pennies, daily, they would run kicking screaming back to their zillionaire lives.....

Because money is all you need, right? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 9, 2018 00:59

BamaStone
This is not the time nor the place for your little self-pitying rant.

It said right in the announcement of Bourdain's death that depression and mental illness don't discriminate, and they don't care how rich or successful a person is.

But given the political opinions you've spewed on this site, I wouldn't expect you get that...ignorance and a chronic dearth of empathy are ever-increasing characteristics of your ilk.

Date: June 9, 2018 01:24

Herald Sun --- 9 June 2018

ROCKMAN

Date: June 9, 2018 01:31

Anthony and Iggy ………….. 2017

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 9, 2018 04:09

What a loss...Keith Richards of the foodie's world. Bourdain really made travel and food interesting with his style and story-telling.

Here's a good interview from Thrillist.

[www.thrillist.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 9, 2018 05:18

So sad. I'm speechless.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 9, 2018 07:49

I'm shocked to see it on CNN today. He had a great tv show.I'm gonna miss him.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 9, 2018 09:26

BamaStone

While you are squeezing your pennies, be thankful that you have never known the soul-destroying hell that is true depression. You are vastly richer than many.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 9, 2018 10:51

RIP Anthony Bourdain .... what a loss!!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 9, 2018 16:38

The irony of fame : over here in Europe (at least where I live) the title of the press articles go like "Asia Argento's partner dies in France".

Date: June 9, 2018 17:08

“In a world where small-mindedness seems to be growing and walls are rising and life experience sharply diverting along lines of class and politics, Bourdain brought a powerful, outward-looking ethos into living rooms around the country. For all of human history, there have been people who have burrowed into their well-known holes, hewing close to family, tribe, culture, race or nationality. And there have been the notable fewer who struck out, not to own or conquer or take or evangelize, but to see, experience, absorb, and enjoy, with all the discomfort and exhilaration and great humility that entails. Bourdain was quite obviously one of the latter. How wonderful that he took us along with him for as long as he did.”
By Jill Filipovic 2:46 PM ET, Fri June 8, 2018

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: June 9, 2018 18:05

Sad to see him go---- ! watched his stuff for years ( A Cooks Tour, No reservations, the Layover, etc ) thought he was great

But, .....suicide? Come on Bourdain. What a lousy and sad ending to his story.

RIP Chef.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 9, 2018 18:47

bob r
What a lousy and sad ending to his story.

To the suicidal person taking your own life seems like the best option. That's the ugliest thing about suicide : it appears to be the best way out when you're trapped in the hole.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 9, 2018 19:32

black n blue
Drug abuser. His number came up I bet.

What do you mean by that? Ignorant and terrible comment over someone who died by suicide

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: June 9, 2018 19:58

There has NEVER been a RIP thread on IORR where at least person did not feel obligated to post something rude about the deceased. It is the way things are here. Seems the motto here is... if you have nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut feel free to blurt out all the negative nasty thing that come to mind, no brain to mouth fingers filter required to post here... no matter if it is a live show thread or RIP thread.

RIP AB

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 9, 2018 20:09

Well said Leonoid

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2070
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home