Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Think we'll get an album/tour or the Warhorses 1 more time?
Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 10, 2011 18:04

jamesfdouglas
If they tour - scratch that - PLAY again anywhere for their 50th anniversary, I really hope that they stay away from any of their post-Tattoo You material. I don't want my last chance to see them to be wasting a MINUTE of concert time for mediocrity. Or letting Keith sing, for that matter.

There is only one explanation.

You are an idiot!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 10, 2011 18:20

aw man, thats not needed, everyone has an opinion.

Date: December 10, 2011 18:21

steel driving hammer
MKC, I was thinking last night of your post and you are right.

Stones stuck w/ us forever!
Right on, thumbs up and I thank them, again, for that.

Date: December 10, 2011 18:32

I had that poster once too!

Stones you bastard!

Date: December 10, 2011 18:38

steel driving hammer
I had that poster once too!

Stones you bastard!
LOL, it not like they killed Kenny winking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 10, 2011 19:10

Max'sKansasCity
jamesfdouglas
If they tour - scratch that - PLAY again anywhere for their 50th anniversary, I really hope that they stay away from any of their post-Tattoo You material. I don't want my last chance to see them to be wasting a MINUTE of concert time for mediocrity. Or letting Keith sing, for that matter.

So you are basically hoping for an "oldies show" along the lines of what groups like REO, Styx, Journey, Pat Benetar do? I think those types of shows are really sad. I dont view The Stones as an "oldies band".

Basically the show the Stones have been doing for 20 years.

Date: December 10, 2011 19:15

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
jamesfdouglas

So you are basically hoping for an "oldies show" along the lines of what groups like REO, Styx, Journey, Pat Benetar do? I think those types of shows are really sad. I dont view The Stones as an "oldies band".

Just because you hate everything after Taylor left, is no reason
to make things up...... Check the setlists.... they play new songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-10 19:31 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 10, 2011 19:40

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
jamesfdouglas

Just because you hate everything after Taylor left, is no reason
to make things up...... Check the setlists.... they play new songs.

Max: You are the one making things up. For once, please stop putting words in my mouth. It makes you look petty (as well as uninformed). Never once have I said I hate everything after Taylor left. YOU are the one who has said that's how I feel! Interesting how you would know, without knowing me, precisely what I "hate". As my many posts about Some Girls recently can attest, there are many things after Taylor left that I like very much (SG being one of my top 5 favorite Stones albums). So please stop distorting my views.

To the point at hand: Yes, the Stones have played some new songs on tours after 1990. However, the proportion has been less and less. They have been doing the big world tours based on their heritage - that is the songs they are known for through about Tattoo You. They have not filled stadiums with people who want to hear "Suck On The Jugular".

If you want to have a decent discussion or debate about anything, distorting and falsifying the other person's views is not a very good or effective technique. It also quite frankly comes off as rather childish and defensive, so why don't you give it a rest.

I allow you your views, please allow me mine.

Date: December 10, 2011 19:48

Tele you replied to my post first, you knew where it would lead, again... so maybe stop doing that. I have done my best to ignore, and not reply, to your regularly negative posts mainly to avoid this. Its ok, we all cant get along with everyone, and avoidance is a ok solution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-10 19:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 10, 2011 20:06

Max'sKansasCity
Tele you replied to my post first, you knew where it would lead, again... so maybe stop doing that. I have done my best to ignore, and not reply, to your regular negative post mainly to avoid this.

So your personal attack is my fault? Interesting reasoning. All you need to do is discuss things like a normal person. You have a point of view? Argue it and defend it like I have done with so many others here with no personal animosity whatsoever. You think people really filled stadiums all over the world because they wanted to hear "Rough Justice" and "Anybody Seen My Baby"? Tell me why you think that. Maybe you're right and I'll change my view.

What I don't understand is why you have to lash out personally because I happen to have a different point of view than you. I don't feel the same need to attack you personally for your views.

What is frustrating to most people, MKC, is when they are told what they think. It's insulting. You want to know what I think about the post-Taylor years? I think that the quality of the Stones music and performances fell way below standard at times, but that there are still excellent albums (SG, Tattoo You) and shows. I feel the last three studio albums were fairly disposable. You always distill this into "you hate everything after Taylor left", which is a grossly inaccurate description of what I think. So, don't do it.

I reserve the right to express any view I want at any time on any subject. I can do so without attacking the personality of other posters or misrepresenting their views. You should be able to do the same.

Thanks.

Date: December 10, 2011 20:12

"It is rare to convince anyone (through debate) of anything which they dont already believe".

Avoidance is a fine solution. The less conflict the better.

Date: December 10, 2011 20:22

Max'sKansasCity
"It is rare to convince anyone (through debate) of anything which they dont already believe".

Avoidance is a fine solution. The less conflict the better.

I understand your desire to not have conflict. I share that with you. I challenge you to look more deeply at the cause. We can disagree without rancor. After all its a subject we both have an affection for.

That's it. Good wishes. Really.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 10, 2011 21:32

Edith Grove
Forget new stuff.

Pull out the hardly ever, or never heard before gems they got plenty of.

I agree, there are so many good outtakes: Not the way to go, I need you, Misty Roads, Fiji Jim, It's all wrong, Dancing Girls, Chainsaw rocker, You got it made...without considering hidden gems.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: December 11, 2011 17:53

Max'sKansasCity
jamesfdouglas

So, if the were to play Exile in it's entirety an album that's 40 years old, that doesn't make them an "oldies" band?

Date: December 11, 2011 18:19

KRiffhard
Edith Grove
Forget new stuff.

Pull out the hardly ever, or never heard before gems they got plenty of.

I agree, there are so many good outtakes: Not the way to go, I need you, Misty Roads, Fiji Jim, It's all wrong, Dancing Girls, Chainsaw rocker, You got it made...without considering hidden gems.
yeah, something old, something new, somthing borrowed, something blues.

Date: December 11, 2011 18:52

Yes, anything is much appreciated.

Date: December 11, 2011 18:57

Is this superheavy or the Stones?

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 11, 2011 19:47

Max'sKansasCity
One perspective might be.....
They do read the message boards.... and they read how so many people (not me) bash every new albumand song made in the last 30 years... and they are rich... and they might say... fk it.... why go through the trouble of making a new album when all these supoosed fans will just say things like ""after Tattoo You, I don't think there's a single Stones album that is essential"".

They might say why bother at all?... we can tour and sell tickets and make a hell of a lot of money without having to bother making another new song or worry about people stealing it/downloading for free... and we wont have to listen to all these people whine about our new music.

Id love to see a new album, but if they dont, I understand

Wise and nice post!

One might appeal by a special argument though. My impression is that making a new album might contribute to vitalize the band. If that is correct, it would spread to their ability to perform the core of their concert material, an ability invigorated.

And as to what material they would (or should) play, either on a full world tour or on a tour in a more limited scale, my attitude is as it was in a post I wrote years back.

Witness (more than six years ago)
I consider it very wise to give the people at large what they want. At the same time I think that is just as wise not to give the people all that they want. Give them part of it. That is, don't give them so much of it. Warhorses should be a mere privilege to experience, not the stable diet. Make people come back for more of something else of it - on another concert in some other city, possibly on another tour smiling smiley. Especially, make the journalists that create expectations in advance, themselves eagerly wonder which warhorses - by then not warhorses anymore, but special treats - it would be their privilege to experience. Turn arrogant journalists into enthusiastic listeners, spreading the message. Make even the die-hard fans crave for the songs that now make them frown in front of their PCs.

(Presented as a way of thinking. Wishful thinking probably, but then as a consequence, more new tracks and more rareties would be obtainable as well. Such as "Tell Me", Good Times, Bad times", "Long, Long While". Nice try?)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home