Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Pretenders
Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: May 24, 2018 17:48

Anybody catching them out this summer? I believe I will go see them at the Ryman in July, never seen them.

Re: OT: The Pretenders
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 24, 2018 17:51

Very under rated band. The first time I saw them I was knocked out and wondered what took me so long. Last years Glastonbury performance looked great too. So they're still rockin' hard.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 24, 2018 18:04

Saw them last autumn, they were great.

The only song not played that I would have liked (but didn't expect) was 2000 Miles. But I got my wish a few weeks later when I went to see Robert Plant at the RAH. Chrissy was a guest and they sang it together grinning smiley

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: May 24, 2018 18:04

I saw them last year in Hammersmith.
Fantastic show.

And I would go see any band at the Ryman!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 24, 2018 18:13

Saw them about a year ago opening for Stevie Nicks. I went for Chryssie and was very impressed. Stayed for most of Stevie only because Waddy was playing but eventually had to leave for fear of biting myself to death.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: May 24, 2018 18:15

Saw them 3 weeks ago at a small London gig (benefit for PETA)

They were terrific

Full review here [onlyrockandroll.london]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 24, 2018 18:19

Saw them some months ago and they were great! Hats off to Chrissie, what a great performer she is.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 24, 2018 18:27

Just don't bring your phone...

Shocked fans react to Chrissie Hynde's expletive fueled rant...

Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde's concert rant: 'You're all c**ts'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-24 18:29 by Kurt.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 24, 2018 18:43

[www.youtube.com]

In honor of Bob's 77th birthday, an all star line up from Wembley 1984 with an impossibly happy Chrissie Hynde.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 24, 2018 19:40

I'll be seeing them next month at the Arroyo Seco Festival (going to day one only) along with The Specials, the North Mississippi All Stars, Jack White, and Neil Young w/Promise of the Real (along w/several other bands). I did see a Chrissie Hynde solo show a few years ago which was fantastic, and the set was mostly Pretenders songs. Haven't done the research, but I think some of the same members who made up her solo band are also are currently in the Pretenders (give or take one or two?). The only one missing from her band was original Pretenders drummer Martin Chambers. Looking forward to this!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 24, 2018 21:24

SomeTorontoGirl
Saw them about a year ago opening for Stevie Nicks. I went for Chryssie and was very impressed. Stayed for most of Stevie only because Waddy was playing but eventually had to leave for fear of biting myself to death.

smiling smileyhahhahahh

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: May 24, 2018 22:09

Kurt

She banned binoculars for a Pretenders show at The Wiltern back in '94...a sign was posted at the entrance and we had to walk back to the car to put away the glasses. At another show a few years later, although permitted this time, she went on a mini-rant about binocs, saying she didn't like people looking at her up close, instead preferring everyone focus on the whole band during the show.

That aside, she and the band are always in top form and never disappoint. Martin is awesome!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 24, 2018 22:56

SomeTorontoGirl

Also saw them opening for Stevie in Vancouver Dec 2016. One of those shows where I don't think I would pay to see either but as a double bill and tickets being reasonable it was good. If I recall, they played about an hour or so and her voice was good. Martin Chambers was drumming.
Stevie was good but took way too long explaining the history of each song and took about 15 minutes to introduce her band!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 24, 2018 23:58

In 2008 she pointed at me and sang "Don't Cut Your Hair"

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 25, 2018 00:24

Kurt

Well, it did seem like the audience were all @#$%&.

The only three times I saw her go off were at the Hollywood Palladium in 1994 because a pit and even some crowd surfing took place, in Bakersfield 2000 where she complained the town smelled like meat and the JP, Chrissie And The Fairground Boys show in 2009 where she was upset that the introduction placed too much emphasis on her than whoever the hell JP is or was.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 25, 2018 01:25

Love them, saw them open for the Stones once, so I probably wouldn't go out of my way to see them again. Still, I often listen to their music, and always loved Chrissie's voice!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home