Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: How can the Stones be So Good & Mick Jagger so Gay
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 15, 2011 16:58

NoCode0680
Mick and Keith need each other, and each of them left to their own devices wouldn't do anything nearly as great as they do together.

I remember reading an interview with Keith back around the time Bridges To Babylon came out in which he said that Mick is very trendy, he's very into whatever music is happening right now, etc. And it was his job to try and reel Mick in from getting too far out there, bringing it back to being Stones appropriate, even if heavily influenced by other genres.

On the flip side I think you can say that without Mick's varied tastes, his finger always on the pulse of popular culture, etc, the Stones would just be a band that spent 50 years playing blues songs.

I think your observations are spot on. Probably if it hadn't been for the inclusion of the disco tinged "Miss You" (which I assume had Jagger's fingerprints on it more than Richards), Some Girls may not have been as popular as it is.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: December 15, 2011 23:00

Still one wonders why or how Jagger can put out good music and at the same time chase fashion and release embarrassing junk

Re: HOW CAN THE STONES & MICK JAGGER BE SO GOOD TOGETHER
Date: December 16, 2011 04:17

Turner
71Tele
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
SomeGirlsXXX
I love Mick in the Stones. Isn't it weird how he can be so good, but then make such lame stuff. Mick can and does do what he wants. STUPID, that's all, just my opinion. Just because something is "new", or "hip" according to Access Hollywood, doesn't make it new or hip... "Oh No Not You Again" and "Rough Justice" give me a lot of hope as they are two of the best Songs they've cranked out in decades.

Oh boy. You're the cake in 3D.

Here is a not good classic lame STUPID one that's on that album with the two best songs they cranked out in decades (? What the hell are you SMOKING? DECADES? Maybe - possibly - since...1997) somehow instead of his last solo album:

Awful bad

This is very, very bad.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I was hoping someone would do it!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2011 07:44

Turner
Still one wonders why or how Jagger can put out good music and at the same time chase fashion and release embarrassing junk

No one is perfect.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: December 16, 2011 16:30

treaclefingers
Turner

No one is perfect.
He's certainly no Jools Holland

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1874
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home