Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DVD VOODOO LOUNGE 1998
Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 12:21

Voodoo lounge was released by Eagle Rock in 1998 there are plans to get it out of the CD / DVD inside the Series From The Vault or take it out as a CD.

Re: DVD VOODOO LOUNGE 1998
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 21, 2018 12:50

I bought a VHS video tape at the Brixton 95 gig from the Voodoo Lounge tour which is the Miami Show. Was it this show released by Eagle Rock?

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 14:02

Best DVD:

Voodoo Lounge Miami Concert - DVD Eagle Rock with MAWA Film & Medien Germany 1998,

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 14:15

Silver Dagger
I bought a VHS video tape at the Brixton 95 gig from the Voodoo Lounge tour which is the Miami Show. Was it this show released by Eagle Rock?

I bought a VHS video tape at the Hockenheim 95 gig and it was the New Jersey show (not complete). I bought the Miami show (not complete) half a year later at a local store. The DVD came out a few years later and I got it. I think it is now out of print.

Date: May 21, 2018 14:31

I bought a year or so after the VL-tour. I could have sworn it was released by Virgin, but perhaps my memory is failing me?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 21, 2018 14:38

DandelionPowderman
I bought a year or so after the VL-tour. I could have sworn it was released by Virgin, but perhaps my memory is failing me?

It was released by Virgin, Eagle Rock didn't exist then.

Date: May 21, 2018 14:53

Mr.D
DandelionPowderman

Thanks!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 21, 2018 15:03

DandelionPowderman
Mr.D
DandelionPowderman

Thanks!

Eagle Rock.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 15:05

If you're talking about the Miami PPV, I'm pretty sure I bought it on VHS in 1996, so it was pretty soon after the tour ended, as DP said.

It's an amazing show but it appears to be a straight feed right off the broadcast with no frills. The sound is a bit weak and the video could use some cleaning up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-21 16:11 by keefriff99.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: May 21, 2018 15:45

Also got it after the tour, maybe in '96, and we could easily find it on VHS at that time. Got it later on dvd through trades. I think the one from N.J. that was sold at the venues was better.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 21, 2018 15:46

mick64
Voodoo lounge was released by Eagle Rock in 1998 there are plans to get it out of the CD / DVD inside the Series From The Vault or take it out as a CD.

I love to see a complete version of the old VHS VL show released. The VHS version was heavily edited, IIRC.

Date: May 21, 2018 16:11

Father Ted
mick64

I love to see a complete version of the old VHS VL show released. The VHS version was heavily edited, IIRC.
Yep, a lot of songs were removed, plus Keith's botched SFTD solo is edited out.

Date: May 21, 2018 16:24

Deltics
DandelionPowderman
Mr.D
DandelionPowderman

Thanks!

Eagle Rock.

Reissue?

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 16:34

The video sold from stalls at gigs was different to the Miami one. I take it this was the New Jersey show?

Looking back at it both were poorly produced and released quickly off the back of the tour to generate income, although I Loved them at the time. Maybe I should go back and watch them again to reminisce.

Date: May 21, 2018 17:13

DandelionPowderman
Deltics
DandelionPowderman
Mr.D
DandelionPowderman

Thanks!

Eagle Rock.

Reissue?
Ah, I've owned this too for a while actually.

I bought the VHS in 1996 and the DVD probably in the early 2000s. It's one of those REAL old DVD cases that's made out of cardboard and has the plastic snap strip.

Date: May 21, 2018 17:15

The Miami DVD has a SMOKIN' version of Who Do You Love with Bo Diddley, and a pretty killer version of Stop Breaking Down with Robert Cray.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 21, 2018 17:30

I just find in amazing to realize Voodoo Lounge was 24 years ago! Where has the time gone?

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 18:57

satisfaction2
Best DVD:

Voodoo Lounge Miami Concert - DVD Eagle Rock with MAWA Film & Medien Germany 1998,

[www.discogs.com]

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 21:59

I taped the full show when it was on ppv,John Lee Hooker,Robert Cray,I still play it from time to time.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 22, 2018 07:37

keefriff99
Father Ted
mick64

Yep, a lot of songs were removed, plus Keith's botched SFTD solo is edited out.

WHAT!!!!!????? That's the best part of the song!!!!!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 22, 2018 07:38

HomerSimpson
I just find in amazing to realize Voodoo Lounge was 24 years ago! Where has the time gone?[/quot

Time waits for no one.I did see the boys in Toronto then again in Vancouver. Anyone know if any of these shows were put on CD or DVD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-22 07:39 by babyblue.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 22, 2018 10:16

Interesting credits for Stop Breaking Down.
I guess it's a "traditional" at best, maybe a Robert Johnson song.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 22, 2018 10:41

Eagle Rock exists since 1997

The VHS sold at the merchandise booths in 1995 (NJ show) was produced by Promotone

The official VHS found in stores (Miami) was made by Castle, which was the ancestor of Eagle Rock. The DVD came out a couple of years late and it was Eagle Rock.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 22, 2018 11:17

I just found the NJ show on youtube. I forgot about the intro!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 22, 2018 11:18

Doc
Eagle Rock exists since 1997

The VHS sold at the merchandise booths in 1995 (NJ show) was produced by Promotone

The official VHS found in stores (Miami) was made by Castle, which was the ancestor of Eagle Rock. The DVD came out a couple of years late and it was Eagle Rock.

The VHS was also sold in record stores. That's where I got mine...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 22, 2018 15:52

sjs12
I just found the NJ show on youtube. I forgot about the intro!

[www.youtube.com]

Welcome to the 90s.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 22, 2018 16:27

marcovandereijk
Interesting credits for Stop Breaking Down.
I guess it's a "traditional" at best, maybe a Robert Johnson song.

The traditional or trad. arr. credit is assigned when there is no publisher for a song (or no publisher in the region it is being released). They know it's a Robert Johnson song, but credits are contractual and songwriting credits are tied to publishing.

Date: May 22, 2018 16:49

This is one of my favorite tours. And Little Rock is in my top 5 shows.

24 Songs

There was a misty rain.

Great Great Night in Little Rock

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home