Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Beggars Banquet DELUXE 50th ANNIVERSARY Vinyl ?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 10, 2017 18:55

REVISED FANTASY PACKAGE:

* Bonus discs to be determined !

* Heavy vinyl disc; White invitation cover (expanded to tri-fold for CD/ DVD storage); Original gatefold photo. Glossy booklet.

* At last, a good place for the toilet photo - the inner sleeve.

Posting photoshop faked pictures on IORR might be fun but in general I will not allow it.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-13 16:48 by schillid.

Re: Beggars Banquet DELUXE ANNIVERSARY Vinyl ?
Date: October 10, 2017 20:28

The bathroom photo - which I didn't like on the cover - I think it would have worked well as an inner sleeve.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 10, 2017 20:59

Excellent idea!

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 10, 2017 21:04

Britney
Excellent idea!

But the suggestion that they don't need more tracks is no good, no good at all. Please don't give ABKCO the advice that they can get away with the same old music in ever-new packaging concepts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 22:55 by retired_dog.

Date: October 10, 2017 21:30

Okay...
original album on vinyl, bonus tracks on CDs and DVD.
Store the compact discs in slots in the gatefold ...

* Original album on vinyl

* Original album on CD
* Bonus Tracks CD (which tracks ? )
* "Sympathy For The Devil" on DVD (or footage from film by Goddard ).

Re: Beggars Banquet DELUXE 50th ANNIVERSARY Vinyl ?
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 10, 2017 21:58

Wouldn't Mick have to first give approval to any bonus tracks?
He might not be happy about earlier takes being issued; even if the fans want them.
Having said that, they would be in the Public Domain by November
2018, so they might get released anyway, by some third source.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:06

Might be difficult for finding quality songs from that era that were almost finished but more lightly left as outtakes.
For to add a bonus disc of extra songs from that time would mean Mick & Don Was going through hrs and hrs of tapes and that is most unlikely to happen.O Obvious completed one's are already there which are -

Jumpin Jack Flash and Child of the Moon & Memo to Turner

Other unfinished songs from that time were

Highway Child
Blood Red Wine
Family
Still A Fool Caka Catfish / Two Train Blues
Give Me A Hamburger To Go (Aka Stuck Out All Alone)
Did Everybody Pay Their Dues - which was developed in to Street Fighting Man
Sweet Lucy

Not a lot of spare quality material and outtakes would require a lot of work to bring them up to an acceptable song quality level.
What we do not want Mick & Co to do is to put together a bonus disk that lacks quality songs which is what happened with the extra songs on EOMS re-issue.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 23:37 by stones40.

Date: October 10, 2017 23:09

Release RSVP in excellent quality as disc 2.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:29

retired_dog
Britney
Excellent idea!

But the suggestion that they don't need more tracks is no good, no good at all. Please don't give ABKCO the advice that they can get away with the same old music in ever-new packaging concepts.

ok dog...you need to come out of retirement...great feedback!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:49

They made a perfect start with much awaited and essential TSMR - mono LP, stereo LP, mono SACD, stereo SACD. Do not expect any other approaches for less known albums such as BB or LIB.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:50

Include TOO MUCH FOR ME and I will buy it.

Oh sorry. That's a DIRTY WORK outtake.

Date: October 11, 2017 00:00

ironbelly
They made a perfect start with much awaited and essential TSMR - mono LP, stereo LP, mono SACD, stereo SACD. Do not expect any other approaches for less known albums such as BB or LIB.

'Lesser known'?
I don't think so.
TSMR was a critical flop and sales below what might have been expected (at the time).
By contrast, the next two albums sold considerably more and set up the band for the golden period 1968 to 1972.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 11, 2017 00:03

Does anybody really dig Highway Child? Or Still A Fool? Jagger sounds stupid on those 2 tracks.To say the least. Rolling Stones were good at at keeping outtakes to themselves. The live recordings is what we want. Studio-try-out can bugger off.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 11, 2017 00:22

Still A Fool live Paradiso 1995 was not that good, needs a lot of re-work... Missed chance.

STILL A FOOL 1968 is a great outtake. BRIAN JONES on it... thumbs up

Date: October 11, 2017 00:32

Still A Fool is excellent, Mick included.

Date: October 11, 2017 00:37

jlowe
ironbelly

'Lesser known'?
I don't think so.
TSMR was a critical flop and sales below what might have been expected (at the time).
By contrast, the next two albums sold considerably more and set up the band for the golden period 1968 to 1972.
TSMR is an innovative record, well ahead of its time. Mind, that at least at 2 occasions on the concerts (at Glastonbury and in Fonda) Mick promised to play TSMR entirely. But he never say anything like that about BB or LIB. The fact they start 50th anniversary reissue program with TSMR also point they consider this album as an important mark in their career. Otherwise they would wait a year and start with BB and left TSMR for 60th anniversary or something. Thus - do not expect much from future re-issues, the frame and template is already set.

Date: October 11, 2017 00:42

By popular demand ... bonus discs ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 18:33 by schillid.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2017 00:46

I'd be happy with a replica of the Street Fighting Man 7" vinyl single as a bonus (orange cover w/riot police).

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: October 11, 2017 01:09

ironbelly
jlowe
ironbelly

'Lesser known'?
I don't think so.
TSMR is an innovative record, well ahead of its time. Mind, that at least at 2 occasions on the concerts (at Glastonbury and in Fonda) Mick promised to play TSMR entirely. But he never say anything like that about BB or LIB. The fact they start 50th anniversary reissue program with TSMR also point they consider this album as an important mark in their career. Otherwise they would wait a year and start with BB and left TSMR for 60th anniversary or something. Thus - do not expect much from future re-issues, the frame and template is already set.

I always presumed that Mick's promise to do the entire TSMR live was a joke, because he knows not many people -incl. the Stones themselves- like that album very much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-11 01:10 by GJV.

Date: October 11, 2017 01:58

Hairball
I'd be happy with a replica of the Street Fighting Man 7" vinyl single as a bonus (orange cover w/riot police).

GOOD CALL! They did that with the CD Singles Box sleeve a few years ago.

Date: October 11, 2017 02:06

ironbelly
jlowe
ironbelly

'Lesser known'?
I don't think so.

ironbelly, with respect I think you may have dropped too much acid upon initial listening when the album came out.

You think TSMR is more 'well known' than Let It Bleed?

As former President Obama may have said...."COME ON...MAN!"

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 11, 2017 02:27

The Satanic Majesties re-issue sold next to nothing, no Top 200 on UK/US, only #23 on Germany but anything by the Stones sell in Germany, the set is overpriced and with nothing new on it.

A Beggars Banquet re-issue could be another story with the right promo and edition: a second CD with outtakes and/or alternate takes and a third CD with previously unreleased live versions, that will be a good set and released on December it will sell on the name alone.

Date: October 11, 2017 02:47

Guys, you take my words too seriously winking smiley

Date: October 11, 2017 04:37

DandelionPowderman
Release RSVP in excellent quality as disc 2.

thumbs up

However, RSVP is already excellent for the most part, one of the best sounding boots ever, but, of course, access to the actual master tapes could improve even that one.

Date: October 11, 2017 04:45

ironbelly
Guys, you take my words too seriously winking smiley

And you don't want to be taken serious? (Scratching my head...)

Date: October 11, 2017 04:50

schillid
By popular demand ... bonus discs ...

Great work (now seriously!), but I see the empty spaces - where are the discs?

Date: October 11, 2017 05:25

Sure... fantasy bonus discs... at some point.

Would this vinyl LP have a Decca label instead of London label?
Or even a yellow RS Records label?

Date: October 11, 2017 10:53

schillid
Sure... fantasy bonus discs... at some point.

Would this vinyl LP have a Decca label instead of London label?
Or even a yellow RS Records label?

If its pre 1971 product re-release: ABKCO.
No reason to mention Decca or London labels as they have no ongoing rights.

Date: October 11, 2017 11:12

stones40
Might be difficult for finding quality songs from that era that were almost finished but more lightly left as outtakes.
For to add a bonus disc of extra songs from that time would mean Mick & Don Was going through hrs and hrs of tapes and that is most unlikely to happen.O Obvious completed one's are already there which are -

Jumpin Jack Flash and Child of the Moon & Memo to Turner

Other unfinished songs from that time were

Highway Child
Blood Red Wine
Family
Still A Fool Caka Catfish / Two Train Blues
Give Me A Hamburger To Go (Aka Stuck Out All Alone)
Did Everybody Pay Their Dues - which was developed in to Street Fighting Man
Sweet Lucy

Not a lot of spare quality material and outtakes would require a lot of work to bring them up to an acceptable song quality level.
What we do not want Mick & Co to do is to put together a bonus disk that lacks quality songs which is what happened with the extra songs on EOMS re-issue.

Both officially released on Metamorphosis.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:38

You are right DandelionPowderman Family & Sweet Lucy were released in 1975 on Metamorphis which centres on outtakes and alternate versions of well-known songs recorded from 1964 to 1970.
This release was forced by Alan Klein to fulfil and finish the ongoing lawsuit
he had against the Stones.
From above it is obvious that there is very little half decent material left that could be used as a bonus disc for a deluxe version of Beggars Banquet for possible release later in 2018.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-11 12:48 by stones40.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1964
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home