Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gimmicks/Props during the show
Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 7, 2018 18:06

Does anyone envisage any gimmicks/props being used on this tour?

I know perhaps long gone are the days of the “Out Of Control cage” or the inflatables(!) but I do think some little extras add to the show and can reignite the audience on certain songs (which Mick always seems to want).

I don’t know whether it’s a cost-cutting exercise but ever since 2012 things seem to be getting scaled back... for example the choir has gone, there are fewer “special” guests (not necessarily a bad thing!), no “special” appearances of bands/groups to mark the opening leg of a tour (I’m thinking drummers 2012, marching band 2013) AND as of last tour I don’t even think there they used any confetti on satisfaction or one of the end numbers...

Its not necessarily a complaint - I would personally be happy if they just walked out and sat down and played, but it seems like a few gimmicks would perhaps make Micks life easier in working the crowd - for example seeing the stones all walk to the b-stage was a good thing for the crowd a quite an “easy win” for the stones to get a reaction without doing much...

Anyoe got any thoughts on the use of confetti/props/guests etc?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-07 18:07 by GJB.

Re: Gimmicks/Props during the show
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 7, 2018 22:12

gimmicks should be kept to a minimum imo.

a few fireworks at the start and end is a good idea.

stage lighting is important to, and a b-stage works.

but please no inflatables of animals or offending inflatables of parts of the body.

Date: May 7, 2018 22:29

Three Rhinemaidens carry him in on a shield, while the townspeople chant "I saw the world end"; some Satyrs scatter about on petals and fir; we hear lute music....sorry I thought we were discussing Dandy's entrance to the IORR gig.cool smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 7, 2018 22:50

Stonehenge

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: May 7, 2018 23:18

Forget the gimmicks, props, and special guests. Just bring the music like they did on the No Security tour.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: May 8, 2018 00:32

I have reached the conclusion that the video screens have reached such a high level, that they are the gimmick. The overall look of the No Filter stage set up is pure simplicity. Clean and basic with the eye-popping displays nicely coordinated with the song and the lights.

In the past (SW, VL, BTN) the screens were small and lame so the stage needed more bells and whistles. As the video size and quality has improved, nothing else is really needed to engage the stadium audience other than the band and the music.

Audio is better now too. Finally getting the guitars right.

HBK

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: May 8, 2018 01:06

Mick Taylor. . .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2018 01:21

ElGeordie
Mick Taylor. . .

Lol...a giant inflatable hovering over the crowd? grinning smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 8, 2018 01:30

Maindefender
Stonehenge

This is Spinal Tap - Stonehenge scene

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 8, 2018 03:04

They don't have the energy for the B stage. You get 19, 20 sure fire hits, by a glorified greatest hits band, and that's it. Be happy you're getting it, and pay out your nose.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 8, 2018 03:41

During "Miss You," they should give Darryl a bass solo and Keith can pretend to curse at him, menace him with his guitar, and then grin at him.

At the start of his mini-set, Keith should quote Max Wall and say, "It's good to be here. It's good to be anywhere."

Mick should pretend not to know what album the odd rarity is from.

Matt should have a prop for "Brown Sugar," such as a tambourine, and should beat on it as if Davy Jones' very soul depended on it.

Karl should play the sax break on "Brown Sugar" as if he just wandered in from a jazz festival and has never heard the song before.

They should do these things at every show.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: May 8, 2018 04:02

I hate them. I love the bare minimum. Just the boys.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 8, 2018 10:48

Rocky - Haha! Brutal, but hilarious.

I was thinking a huge pair of inflatable dice that could be knocked around the audience while the boys play the extended outro to TD...

But happy with the stonehenge style mini-inflatable Mick Taylor that arrives on stage instead.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 8, 2018 11:22

Rocky Dijon
During "Miss You," they should give Darryl a bass solo and Keith can pretend to curse at him, menace him with his guitar, and then grin at him.

At the start of his mini-set, Keith should quote Max Wall and say, "It's good to be here. It's good to be anywhere."

Mick should pretend not to know what album the odd rarity is from.

Matt should have a prop for "Brown Sugar," such as a tambourine, and should beat on it as if Davy Jones' very soul depended on it.

Karl should play the sax break on "Brown Sugar" as if he just wandered in from a jazz festival and has never heard the song before.

They should do these things at every show.

Rocky! thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home