Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

EALING CLUB-Sunday May 20 -The Ali Mac band @The Ealing Club
Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: April 24, 2018 23:38

Sunday May 20: Ealing Eclectic Musicspace Presents The Ali Mac band @The Ealing Club

[www.wegottickets.com]

EALING ECLECTIC MUSICSPACE PRESENTS THE ALI MAC BAND @THE EALING CLUB
Special Guests To Be Announced
LONDON : The Ealing Club @ The Red Room
SUN 20TH MAY, 2018 7:30pm

A rockin’ 4-piece band with an All-Star lineup. On vocals is Ali Mackenzie who formed The Birds in the 1960s with Ronnie Wood. (Ali has recently reformed The Birds to great critical acclaim.) On guitar and vocals is Simon Bishop who who has toured with Renaissance, High Society and The Monks, and also plays in Nashville where his unique country rock guitar style places him in great demand. On drums is Richard Hudson who is the well-known charismatic percussionist with The Strawbs. He has also played with Hudson Ford and The Monks, and toured with Rick Wakeman. On bass is Bill Phillips who was with The Glitter Band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-25 10:42 by bv.

Re: EALING CLUB-Sunday May 20 -The Ali Mac band @The Ealing Club
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 25, 2018 10:43

There will be many Stones fans here so this event is added to the meeting points list of the London travel pages.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-25 10:45 by bv.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 25, 2018 12:11

bv
There will be many Stones fans here so this event is added to the meeting points list of the London travel pages.

Ali is great. Fab vocalist, always has a great band with him, and a really charming and approachable person, very chatty. Can't think of a better place in which to see him - the Ealing Club.

I was brought up in Ealing and went to school there, so this place is a cherished landmark for me personally, and as hopefully most of us know, it has a huge place in London's overall music history ... it was of course where a young Mick n' Keith used to go to see Alexis Corner and where (according to legend) a certain Mr Charlie Watts met them, and the rest (as the saying goes) ......

My god, that was ....... 'in another lifetime' !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 25, 2018 12:27

Ali's a fantastic singer, a great bloke & always gives you you're money's worth. You will not be disappointed.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 28, 2018 15:27

Sorry to be dense but how to look up th London travel meeting points - is it just looking through London section ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home