Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

C.S. Blues
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: April 10, 2018 16:20

I was listening to this song last night.
Say what you want about the lyrics or the story behind its inception, but this really is a great song. The music and arrangement Mick came up with are beautiful and haunting: “Sister Morphine”-meets-“Angie”-meets-Robert Johnson.

Deep down, there must have been a part of Allen Klein that was going crazy that he couldn’t release it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 16:28 by stevecardi.

Re: C.S. Blues
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 10, 2018 17:01

Shows what an unbelievable talent this band was that a knock off jokey song like that can still be so great with seemingly no effort put in. Amazing.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 10, 2018 17:10

I really wanted to like it, with its risqué lyrics and all...but the song is one of my least favourite Stones songs...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 10, 2018 20:18

RollingFreak
Shows what an unbelievable talent this band was that a knock off jokey song like that can still be so great with seemingly no effort put in. Amazing.

Yes, and the question is....why cannot they seem to be able to do it now?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 10, 2018 21:49

Depends what you mean by "now." I thought "The Storm" was amazing. I didn't think "Back of My Hand" was as strong, but it still works fine. Since then, I don't think they've tried to write the same sort of blues. They haven't got inside of them. They've been jokey like "Keep Up Blues" or Mick's "Tea Party Blues" or just fragmentary toss-offs like Keith's "Hurricane" or "Cross-Eyed Heart."

While not originals, BLUE AND LONESOME was mixed for me. Some of the numbers really came alive and others felt, like Mick and Keith's session with Jimmy Rogers or the Stones' session with B. B. King, to just be going through the motions. As always, it hits different people different ways.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: April 11, 2018 08:00

I used to play CS Blues on my cheap acoustic back in high school. I wasn’t much of a singer so I’d often enlist a friend to give it a go – most didn’t know what they were getting themselves into but for the most part they gave it their best, probably because they realized I wasn’t (purposely) trying to make fools of them – I took my Stones pretty seriously back then. I remember a few of them really belted it out. Cracks me up to think about it today. Wish I had recorded those sessions...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 08:06 by Swayed1967.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 11, 2018 08:14

.... the 78 Woodstock rehearsal take is just pure filth at it's finest .... dirtiest

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 10:14 by Rockman.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 11, 2018 10:01

better song than movie IMHO

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 11, 2018 10:08

Yeah but that's always the way ..... Ya watch a movie once ...
twice...maybe three but a good song will entertain ya forever

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: April 11, 2018 22:06

Are we still not allowed to say the title of this song on this forum? @#$%& Blues.

edit: Nope, doesn't look like it. It's 2018 and the title of a song by The Rolling Stones (a band that was considered the "bad boys" of rock and roll, a quality that we seem to appreciate in them) is still too controversial for this site and is therefore censored.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 22:09 by Boognish.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 11, 2018 22:15

RollingFreak

It's Jagger solo.

Mathijs

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: April 13, 2018 05:08

Rockman
.... the 78 Woodstock rehearsal take is just pure filth at it's finest .... dirtiest
There is a LOT of stuff from those sessions that is great.....the 4 cd set is the last word in 78 Stones. period. wait, that was the last word...uh..well anyhow ....you know what I mean...er...now I gotta go listen to the whole thing....hope the beer holds out.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home