Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: A (hopefully) Humorous Take on the Various Types on IORR
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 3, 2011 13:58

Green Lady
#17 The Newbie: Hi! I'm new to this board. I'm going to collect a five-page thread of welcome messages and disappear forever.

Funny ,Green Lady.smiling smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 3, 2011 14:03

71Tele

8. The women: As in most things rock 'n roll, it's a bit of a boy's club, and you have to admire the females here who post in spite of the nonsense of us idiot men.

-

Funny thread,71 Tele .
I suppose I should "fit" in the nb 8 .....What else ? smiling smiley

Men aren't idiots..Brains aren't everything ....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-03 19:56 by SwayStones.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: December 3, 2011 17:50

19: "The Lurkers"
They feed themselves with all the information provided by others.
Always willing to participate, but too afraid to make typos, so they spent too much time trying to figure out how to say what they think in a beautiful, perfect English, only to realize that someone else has already done it.
ManuelStones comes to mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-03 17:58 by ManuelStones.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 3, 2011 19:14

Thanks for all the additional categories. We're up to about 20.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 3, 2011 19:21

ManuelStones
Always willing to participate, but too afraid to make typos, so they spent too much time trying to figure out how to say what they think in a beautiful, perfect English, only to realize that someone else has already done it.

are you from barcelona?

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 3, 2011 19:31

I'll leave it up to others to decide which category fits me best. winking smiley

Date: December 3, 2011 19:33

Britney
I'll leave it up to others to decide which category fits me best. winking smiley

a new category emerges:

those who can't decide on even the most basic stuff

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 3, 2011 19:36

Then there are the Flac-ers who believe MP3's are the destroyers of the universe.

Date: December 3, 2011 20:19

StonesTod
[are you from barcelona?

Don't bring up the War!

Date: December 3, 2011 20:27

WilliamPatrickMaynard
StonesTod
[are you from barcelona?

Don't bring up the War!

that was a good one...but basil the rat is my fave, i think...

Posted by: pagodapete ()
Date: December 3, 2011 21:10

A Taylorite, with a little bit of a jokester :-)

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 3, 2011 21:58

71Tele
I thought it would be fun to give my take on the different types of posters here. I find it quite amazing that so many different types of people from different ages and backgrounds can all be brought together under this friendly roof. These are just my humorous takes on just some of the different categories of people here. Hopefully it will be taken in the spirit it was intended. Feel free to expand and augment my selections.

1. The Historians: Those who really know their stuff, and don't need to flaunt it. Calm voices of reason. Always there with a gentle correction. Gazza and withsoull come to mind, but there are others.

2. The "True Fans": Everything the Rolling Stones has ever done is equally great. Dirty Work? As great as Exile. Vegas era? As great as 1972. Chuck? As great as Ian Stewart. It's all good. Any sentiment to the contrary is "negativity".

3. The Taylorites: People who believe the band was at its peak from 1969-1974.

4. The Extreme Taylorites: People who think anything Mick Taylor ever did is great, whether it's with the Stones on Brussels or playing blues at a small club with three guys he met in the parking lot and seven people in the audience.

5. The Woodites: Those who prefer the Ron Wood era of the band.

6. The Extreme Woodites: They just love Ronnie. His art? Love it. His solo albums? Brilliant. His girlfriends? Each one a gorgeous princess. His hair? Love it. His eight re-habs? Each and every one was a success. Ronnie plays great? They love it. Ronnie passes wind and falls over? They love that too. Go Ronnie Go.

7. The Gear Heads: Those who can tell you what brand of guitar pick (and what gauge) keith was using at the El Mocambo in 1977, as well as pedals, strings, amps, and all manner of equipment. Mathijs, where would we be without you?

8. The women: As in most things rock 'n roll, it's a bit of a boy's club, and you have to admire the females here who post in spite of the nonsense of us idiot men.

9. The Dutch: The internecine battles of our compatriots from The Netherlands always fascinate me. I love it when they switch to their wonderful but incomprehensible language to continue their arguments with each other.

10. The Brian Jones Conspiracy Theorists: It was Brian's band. he was pushed out by Mick, keith and Andrew. His brilliant songs were never used. He was murdered in the pool.

11. Jagger Bashers: It's all Mick's fault.

12. Keith Bashers: It's all Keith's fault.

13. The Jokesters: StonesTod, I'm talking about you.

14. And finally, Mickscarey: In a class by himself. Two words: DONE DEAL!

* I will keep updating as people suggest new categories. smoking smiley

Told you!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 3, 2011 22:17

The Sicilian
Then there are the Flac-ers who believe MP3's are the destroyers of the universe.

FLAC Off !

Y'know one day when the MP3's finally enslave your people and the FLACers have to come to your rescue, you'll be glad we were lossless on that day...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 3, 2011 23:07

... and the horse thief who's really in a class of his own: RockMan

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: December 3, 2011 23:09

StonesTod
ManuelStones

are you from barcelona?

Nope.
I'm from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
I believe I'm the only Dominicaniorrian.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 3, 2011 23:10

with sssoul

indeed....!

Date: December 4, 2011 00:03

Erik_Snow
with sssoul

indeed....!

I'll drink to that!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 4, 2011 05:10

... and the horse thief who's really in a class of his own..

..................... Why thank-you my dear for such kind & thoughtful words ... A tip of the hat to you my friend X

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 4, 2011 06:25

Then of course there are the Loose Cannons...Colonial, MitchFlorida and RevTwennyRedlights/NoComment.

And the Obsessed Psychologists, invariably female, who examine the RS' personal history and every past personal relationship searching for meanings in their music. Sadly, I am in this lame category.

I cannot understand the neverending internecine conflicts amongst the Dutch members here. I have lived in their lovely country, and found them to be a peaceful and friendly nation.

And as for the Lurkers lacking confidence about posting in English, I have nothing but admiration for all the non-native English speakers who have the courage to post on this English language forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-04 06:35 by Bliss.

Date: December 4, 2011 06:41

The Vegans, those androids who want to stomp all over our hamburgers.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 4, 2011 14:57

Cancelled post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-04 16:07 by Witness.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 5, 2011 02:21

So, are you thinking that the females don't know their Stones S***!? I take my Stones History seriously and think I know as much as most of the posters here.....except Gazza and I think he's a great resource for all of us. I agree, this is a " good ole boys" site but that dopesn't bother me. I just want to contribute and in many cases, learn a little too. I love hearing from the musicians here, because it adds another facet to this board.I don't like us ladies being lumped into a category of panty-tossers with no substance.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 5, 2011 02:45

This isn't good ole boys" site ..Ok there are a lot of boys out here......but a'm glad there are some girls too with other opinions

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: December 5, 2011 03:03

71Tele
2. The "True Fans": Everything the Rolling Stones has ever done is equally great. Dirty Work? As great as Exile. Vegas era? As great as 1972. Chuck? As great as Ian Stewart. It's all good. Any sentiment to the contrary is "negativity".
These people exist in every fandom and are always annoying. The last sentence points out why I have a problem with them.

Date: December 5, 2011 03:07

mickschix
I don't like us ladies being lumped into a category of panty-tossers with no substance.

we do have a "no substance" category that is not gender-specific, if that helps....

Date: December 5, 2011 03:11

StonesTod
mickschix
I don't like us ladies being lumped into a category of panty-tossers with no substance.

we do have a "no substance" category that is not gender-specific, if that helps....

Yes, but do they still toss panties?

Date: December 5, 2011 03:25

71Tele
StonesTod
mickschix

Yes, but do they still toss panties?

panties optional

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: December 5, 2011 03:28

Hmm...Looks like I'm a "True Fan" and a "Woodite".

Haha. Very funny stuff. Well done. But nothing for us much, much younger fans who didn't discover the Stones until AFTER the last tour and are very upset about it angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-05 03:30 by OneHit.

Date: December 5, 2011 03:55

StonesTod
it occurs to me you've left out the single category with the largest representation:

the permanently banned

these are the posters who have been banned for bad behavior and now post under new identities.

But before they were permanently banned they had to get fingered by the Snitches. They ones who hit the report button as soon as a politician, pope, or protest enter the conversation. YOU know who you are!

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: December 5, 2011 04:41

ManuelStones

This is me. Except English is my first language, haha!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home