Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

UK/Europe 2018 Meet & Greets for Charity
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: March 21, 2018 18:19

I got an email about this

[www.ifonly.com]

Re: UK/Europe 2018 Meet & Greets for Charity
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 21, 2018 18:41

5 gigs sold out!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 21, 2018 18:42

Or is it the meet and greet sold out?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2018 19:19

"....from $12,500/person" eye popping smiley

Going towards a good cause, but maybe next time. winking smiley

The Experience

After 55 years and over 250 million albums sold, The Rolling Stones continue to earn their keep as the greatest rock band that ever was. This summer The Stones will continue to make their way through Europe on their “No Filter” mega tour, and IfOnly has your invitation to meet the mythical rockers in person.

A pair of premium seats await you at the available tour date of your choice, where you will arrive to the venue early for a special pre-show reception. Then get ready as Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie unleash a half century of unforgettable hooks. From “Sticky Fingers” to “Tattoo You,” The Stones are behind some of the most influential albums in popular music. Witness the band’s signature live electricity from some of the best seats in the house.

Your incredible evening will culminate with a face-to-face meeting with The Stones themselves. Shake hands with the legendary musicians and capture the moment forever in a photo. You will also take home a custom-picked merchandise bag packed with limited edition concert memorabilia. Funds from this experience will benefit Community Links, an environmental, service-learning, immersion, volunteer, and international educational organization

Interesting, no mention of anything after Tattoo You...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2018 19:39

Is this for real ? They've never done this before right ? The only M&G I remember is Zugbi (sp?) enjoying one in Abu Dhabi (I think) after winning a contest.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2018 19:50

I recall them doing it back in '05/'06 (or maybe during Licks?) as part of a VIP package or maybe it was a contest?
There was someone on shidoobee who posted pics of him and a guest with the Stones, and of his experience of being shuffled in and out.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 21, 2018 20:08

Last week I sent this company an email asking if the price of $25,000 includes a tshirt and they replied we are sorry but we can't include a tshirt in the package but you will be able to purchase one on the night.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: March 21, 2018 21:04

Same company and charity for mexico show
[m.facebook.com]

Glad its for charity!

I asked if they would sell just 1 ticket but they said only pairs

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 21, 2018 21:40

seriously how much money do all u fans have lol

I respect the proceeds go to charity but
Charity or not that price is ridiculous

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: March 21, 2018 21:52

I'd sell a kidney to hang out w Keef for a night but $12.5k for ~30 seconds of being in the room w the band? No thanks

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 21, 2018 22:19

They used to have Meet and Greets for free. One kind was for people winning a contest at Radio Shack, as I recall.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 21, 2018 22:36

If Only!
>grinning smiley<

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 21, 2018 22:53

I don't need a meet and greet.

I recall years ago a friend offered to bring me back stage when Eric Clapton was playing the Royal Albert Hall. I had my recording gear and a fresh master of the show and figured better to be smart and politely decline than be backstage will my gear.

Back in my Grateful Dead touring days I have back stage passes a bunch of times. Only value I found was no bathroom lines and I got to take a piss next to Bob Weir once.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 21, 2018 23:19

Hairball
I recall them doing it back in '05/'06 (or maybe during Licks?) as part of a VIP package or maybe it was a contest?
There was someone on shidoobee who posted pics of him and a guest with the Stones, and of his experience of being shuffled in and out.

Art (Raining Blimps) won the privilege at The Joint in Vegas back in '02.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-21 23:20 by GAFF.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 21, 2018 23:27

Nate
Last week I sent this company an email asking if the price of $25,000 includes a tshirt and they replied we are sorry but we can't include a tshirt in the package but you will be able to purchase one on the night.

Nate >grinning smiley<

>grinning smiley< Great

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 21, 2018 23:28

Hairball
"....from $12,500/person" eye popping smiley

Going towards a good cause, but maybe next time. winking smiley

The Experience

After 55 years and over 250 million albums sold, The Rolling Stones continue to earn their keep as the greatest rock band that ever was. This summer The Stones will continue to make their way through Europe on their “No Filter” mega tour, and IfOnly has your invitation to meet the mythical rockers in person.

A pair of premium seats await you at the available tour date of your choice, where you will arrive to the venue early for a special pre-show reception. Then get ready as Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie unleash a half century of unforgettable hooks. From “Sticky Fingers” to “Tattoo You,” The Stones are behind some of the most influential albums in popular music. Witness the band’s signature live electricity from some of the best seats in the house.

Your incredible evening will culminate with a face-to-face meeting with The Stones themselves. Shake hands with the legendary musicians and capture the moment forever in a photo. You will also take home a custom-picked merchandise bag packed with limited edition concert memorabilia. Funds from this experience will benefit Community Links, an environmental, service-learning, immersion, volunteer, and international educational organization

Interesting, no mention of anything after Tattoo You...

*You’re funny. Still pining for new RS music, eh? Well why not.
At Paris 2 2017, I did see an older couple getting to walk out on the stage b4 the show, they took pictures, seemed awestruck, I would think they were purchasers of something like this- it was advertised last Fall, too. We had a funny thread about our 30 second hellos.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 22, 2018 01:58

Geeeez...you can meet the IORR Band for a beer and a few Fireballs!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 22, 2018 12:57

Read the fine print: "Please note that guests attending may be required to pass a background check".

Wow, how rock & roll. Guess they don't meet with any old riffraff. Why would they want to hang with a bunch of criminals? Jeez....maybe its due to Mick's royalty status, or something.

"Their time may be limited to 15 - 90 seconds with each group".

That's like $500 a second, and not even one on one.

[FINE PRINT

May require a background check

This experience is non-refundable once purchased

Because of unforeseen circumstances with luminaries’ schedules, experiences may be canceled or rescheduled. To allow for a smoother, more nimble booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.

Logistics may not be released until the day before the event. Details are always subject to change; any updates will be shared via email or phone on the day of the event

Meet & greet timing is always subject to the artist's schedule, soundchecks, weather, etc. there may be fluidity to the timing during the experience
Please note that there will likely be other guests present that may have purchased or won the opportunity to meet the luminary as well; as such you may be asked to line up in order to meet them

Our luminaries always try to spend as much time as they can with their fans. However, in order to be sensitive to their pre-show obligations, their time may be limited to 15-90 seconds with each group

Please note that guests attending may be required to pass a background check

By clicking Buy Now, you agree to all our Terms Of Use]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-22 12:59 by mosthigh.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 22, 2018 20:46

Nate

Nate >grinning smiley<

=ROTFLMFAO=

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 23, 2018 00:00

Wasn't there a M&G one year with Ronnie at a bar (or a gallery/bookshop ?) somewhere in America (Ohio ?) around 2011 for which people paid $300 and then Ronnie refused to come and talk to them ? Well I suppose it was only $300 and not $12500, but still, money down the drain !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 23, 2018 01:53

gotdablouse
Is this for real ? They've never done this before right ? The only M&G I remember is Zugbi (sp?) enjoying one in Abu Dhabi (I think) after winning a contest.

Here is one youtube video from Andreea from Romania (zgubi), who a lot of us on IORR know as being a great fan, person ,and makes such great videos.

A few more videos around from the time she met the Stones and actually hugged Keith.

Just an ordinary Stones fan like us who got lucky.

A great girl who once you meet her, you know she loves life ,music and The Rolling Stones.

If you happen to meet her on the upcoming Tour, she will probably show you the pics of that day.

[youtu.be]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home