Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Elton learns no guests on stage
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 2, 2018 23:58

It’s too bad, but I am surprised he lets whomever from the audience in groups on stage? That is reckless with drunk random people.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: OT: Elton learns no guests on stage
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:04

Typical Elton tantrum?

Date: March 3, 2018 00:08

Stoneage
Typical Elton tantrum?

Well, some bozo from the crowd with their hands on his mic?
Audience crowded around his piano?
It’s too bad, I am just surprised at random folks allowed all around his piano on stage.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:11

surprised at random folks allowed all around his piano on stage.

....mmmmmm that's askin' for trouble ... maybe some dude asked him to poke his candle into the wind ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:12

Yep, 35love. There is always someone who can't handle it. But what was he expecting?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:23

That was funny.

The Specials used to invite fans on stage, and it was all for one and one for all - a huge party!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:27

elton elton elton... the epitome primadonna

Allow a bunch of Vegas party people on stage to adore him up close? What did he expect?

Who does he think he is? Dropkick Murphys??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 00:38 by Leonioid.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:29

Keith hits people over the head with his guitar in such cases. You can't really do that with a piano ...

Date: March 3, 2018 00:32

Kiss me Im shtfaced... everyone on stage!
[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 3, 2018 00:40

Leonioid
Kiss me Im shtfaced... everyone on stage!
[www.youtube.com]

Oh dear. Hope that’s not the warm up band for Dublin * blanch

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:49

Look at Elton, he is like a monkey in a golden cage. At least he said that its over and it was the last time with people on stage. Its so stupid, stage is a place of celebration and music ceremony. Not for drunk people who behave like morons

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:50

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:54

The guy onstage was abusing the privilege of being there.

You could see him cradling the bottom of the mic set-up like a... well, rocket man.

The way he was gesturing, flicking his fingers about, it must have been distracting -- not to mention a bit insulting in its suggestive nature.

Kind of amusing that this happened just before Elton sings the line about "get a little aggravation". You could see Elton mouth "F@#k off!" to the guy.

Unlike other commenters in this thread, I'll side with the performer.

Just because he invites people onstage, it isn't a license to deliberately interfere with the performance by being a jerk.

One idiot ruins it for all, that's how I see it.

Date: March 3, 2018 00:55

Koen
video: [www.youtube.com]

At first I thought okay, alright
then
Oh god it’s too much. Security! Where’s security?

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: March 3, 2018 04:00

I was on stage for "Saturday Night's Alright".He let the first 2 or 3 rows up for that song each show. Second to last song. That was well over a year ago. Second time an incident occurred in the past month. The night I was onstage people were well behaved and had a great time.It was incredible to be up there playing air guitar with Davey Johnstone. He handed me his pick at the end of the song.Too bad a couple of douche bags have ruined it for future shows.

Date: March 3, 2018 04:16

Maybe Elton should hand out instructions prior to inviting people on stage that says:

DO NOT TOUCH THE PIANO PLAYER YOU F*CKER!!!!

How else are people supposed to know he's not a touchy/feely type of guy?
They're invited on stage to have a good time, and for some people that might involve touching their idol.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 05:13

I'm on Elton's side. Common sense says you don't touch a guy WHILE HE'S PERFORMING. It's fine to get close to him and sing along, but the guy is trying to sing and play piano.

All they had to do was keep their hands to themselves. He tried to give his fans a cool, once in a lifetime experience, and as he said, someone @#$%& it up for everyone.

Date: March 3, 2018 05:20

steverogan
I was on stage for "Saturday Night's Alright".He let the first 2 or 3 rows up for that song each show. Second to last song. That was well over a year ago. Second time an incident occurred in the past month. The night I was onstage people were well behaved and had a great time.It was incredible to be up there playing air guitar with Davey Johnstone. He handed me his pick at the end of the song.Too bad a couple of douche bags have ruined it for future shows.
See, that's awesome.

Saying "Well, what did he expect would happen?" are missing the point. It IS possible to do something like that for the fans without devolving into a melee.

Date: March 3, 2018 05:25

keefriff99
Common sense says you don't touch a guy WHILE HE'S PERFORMING.

My wife strummed Buddy Guy's guitar about 10 years ago at the Ventura Theater when he came out in to the audience, and he then gave me his pick.

My friend strummed Chuck Berry's guitar while Chuck was playing it back in the early '80's at the Santa Monica Civic when a bunch of fans were invited on stage during the encore.

Evidently Elton's a bit sensitive and doesn't like it, but when a bunch of people are invited on stage how are they to know this?
Seems he could have been a bit more cool about it rather than using the F-bomb and storming off.

Date: March 3, 2018 05:58

Hairball
keefriff99

My wife strummed Buddy Guy's guitar about 10 years ago at the Ventura Theater when he came out in to the audience, and he then gave me his pick.

My friend strummed Chuck Berry's guitar while Chuck was playing it back in the early '80's at the Santa Monica Civic when a bunch of fans were invited on stage during the encore.

Evidently Elton's a bit sensitive and doesn't like it, but when a bunch of people are invited on stage how are they to know this?
Seems he could have been a bit more cool about it rather than using the F-bomb and storming off.
That's cool. I'd have to imagine that Buddy gave off a more friendly, down-to-earth vibe.

I'd think most fans would know something about Elton's personality. He's a prissy, high-maintenance diva with a somewhat prickly personality...again, common sense, at least to me, would indicate that you don't grope him, especially while he's playing.

Of course, you throw in Vegas, lots of booze and lowered inhibitions, and all bets are off.

Date: March 3, 2018 06:25

keefriff99
Hairball
keefriff99

That's cool. I'd have to imagine that Buddy gave off a more friendly, down-to-earth vibe.

I'd think most fans would know something about Elton's personality. He's a prissy, high-maintenance diva with a somewhat prickly personality...again, common sense, at least to me, would indicate that you don't grope him, especially while he's playing.

Of course, you throw in Vegas, lots of booze and lowered inhibitions, and all bets are off.

Groping? Lol that's a bit of an exaggeration - I didn't see anyone "grope" him - just a fan touching his arm a couple of times.

But I agree about Elton's personality as he's been known to have anger issues and throw tantrums in the past - both on stage and off stage.
Still, some might not be aware of the short circuit, and just wanted to have some fun. Elton needs to lighten up and have some fun with the fans!

Date: March 3, 2018 06:43

Actually the thread is titled perfectly. "Elton Learns"...

But I would bet if someone had hypothetically presented this situation to 10 regular people beforehand, 8/10 people could have "called it" exactly as it happened, right down to elton's hissy fit and storming off.

And in the end it is not even that big of deal, nothing really happened.
Heck, a couple of weeks ago, when someone threw beads and hit him in the mouth, was a bigger deal than this non-event.

Thinking about it, this whole thing actually comes off as PR... like "Mick needs snipped"... "poor kids"... anything to get some press. The old saying still applies- "I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name correctly... and make sure to mention I am on tour... and everyone should buy some tickets... and a CD or download(or two)... and maybe a shirt too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 06:46 by Leonioid.

Date: March 3, 2018 06:46

stonehearted
The guy onstage was abusing the privilege of being there.

You could see him cradling the bottom of the mic set-up like a... well, rocket man.

The way he was gesturing, flicking his fingers about, it must have been distracting -- not to mention a bit insulting in its suggestive nature.

Kind of amusing that this happened just before Elton sings the line about "get a little aggravation". You could see Elton mouth "F@#k off!" to the guy.

Unlike other commenters in this thread, I'll side with the performer.

Just because he invites people onstage, it isn't a license to deliberately interfere with the performance by being a jerk.

One idiot ruins it for all, that's how I see it.

*I am totally on Elton’s side! His tour manager/ security manager/ employee
not so much.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 3, 2018 06:49

Stupid jerk has to louse it up for everyone. Have another drink you moron.

Date: March 3, 2018 06:51

Leonioid
Actually the thread is titled perfectly. "Elton Learns"...

But I would bet if someone had hypothetically presented this situation to 10 regular people beforehand, 8/10 people could have "called it" exactly as it happened, right down to elton's hissy fit and storming off.

And in the end it is not even that big of deal, nothing really happened.
Heck, a couple of weeks ago, when someone threw beads and hit him in the mouth, was a bigger deal than this non-event.

Thinking about it, this whole thing actually comes off as PR... like "Mick needs snipped"... "poor kids"... anything to get some press. The old saying still applies- "I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name correctly... and make sure to mention I am on tour... and everyone should buy some tickets... and a CD or download(or two)... and maybe a shirt too.

*I think I’m pretty good at smelling at rat, and while I didn’t watch the whole video, I felt Elton’s genuine stress.
I confess to not being a person who regularly attends large live shows,
it was the unknown public large group of people around touching distance to him while he is playing piano and singing to 10’s of thousands of people.
That’s it.

Date: March 3, 2018 06:56

I am pretty sure Elton will be fine... and I bet ya 10 bucks he will have people on stage again.

They just need to make EXTRA SURE to explain before hand NO TOUCHING!!!

Like on the "Price is Right" they have to explain NO JUMPING ON DREW!!!
People were injuring poor Drew Carey with their enthusiasm when they got on stage.

Date: March 3, 2018 07:01

Date: March 3, 2018 07:25

Huh, just read thru more of the threads here.
I think the correct decorum might be,
if you choose to walk thru an audience of strangers (you’re an idiot, no)
expect to not have any personal boundaries or respect whatsoever,
and if you invite excited drunk strangers on stage with you (you’re an idiot)
have an invisible zap line?

ETA: I am not calling anybody an idiot really, I am more of an outsider concert person looking in- and seeing big security flaws, lol. Anyway, Go Elton.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 07:37 by 35love.

Date: March 3, 2018 08:06

As for Buddy Guy choosing to walk through an audience of strangers, it's all part of a long tradition with the blues legends. Even today in small bars in the South (or blues clubs anywhere), guitar players will walk through the audience while playing - even going out the front door to play for the people on the streets - almost beckoning them to come in and enjoy the fun. When Buddy walks through the audience up and down the aisles playing, he's giving those out in the audience a close up glimpse of the "legend". When he stopped in front of my wife and I, he couldn't keep his damn eyes off her! He invited her to strum his guitar while he played some Hendrixy solo with his left hand, and it was basically a musical collaboration between them that went on for nearly 30 seconds. The whole experience left her, I, and everyone else (including Buddy) with huge smiles on our faces. To thank me for allowing my wife to strum his guitar while he was ogling her, he carefully placed the pick in my hand, winked, and smiled with appreciation. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 08:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 3, 2018 15:09

You knew this would happen and while I do sympathize with him and the fans it's his own fault. He either needs to make it clear to his security detail to keep the fans from touching him and they demonstrate that they can or cease inviting attendees onstage.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home