Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

100 years ago
Posted by: steenhorst ()
Date: March 19, 2018 13:07

Discover today!
[www.youtube.com]

Re: 100 years ago
Date: March 19, 2018 13:15

steenhorst
Discover today!
[www.youtube.com]

yes I ran into that clip a few weeks ago too. Really well done and beautiful.

Date: March 19, 2018 13:26

Palace Revolution 2000
steenhorst
Discover today!
[www.youtube.com]

yes I ran into that clip a few weeks ago too. Really well done and beautiful.

This has been posted here before, thank anyway, great version. Another (reversed ) prove that the Stones are actually rooted in blues.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: March 19, 2018 13:59

steenhorst
Discover today!
[www.youtube.com]

WOW!! thanks alot for sharing.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 19, 2018 16:52

Thanks or sharing. Nice job!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 19, 2018 17:38

TheflyingDutchman
Another (reversed ) prove that the Stones are actually rooted in blues.

But also a proof that they have written simply stunning songs! I have always been a great fan of "100 Years Ago" not just by how it is performed by the Stones in GOATS HEAD SOUP, but strictly from song writer's point of view. It comes across so well in this version.

- Doxa

Date: March 19, 2018 18:58

Doxa
TheflyingDutchman

But also a proof that they have written simply stunning songs! I have always been a great fan of "100 Years Ago" not just by how it is performed by the Stones in GOATS HEAD SOUP, but strictly from song writer's point of view. It comes across so well in this version.

- Doxa

True of course, if the Inyang Bassey and Binky Griptite version was some sort of 1950 blues classic, the Stones would have done a fantastic interpretation. Now it was Inyang Bassey's and Binky Griptite's turn to do so. thumbs up

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 19, 2018 19:34

TheflyingDutchman
Doxa
TheflyingDutchman

- Doxa

True of course, if the Inyang Bassey and Binky Griptite version was some sort of 1950 blues classic, the Stones would have done a fantastic interpretation. Now it was Inyang Bassey's and Binky Griptite's turn to do so. thumbs up

100 years ago is definately in my Stones top 10 list. Blew me away when I first heard it (and still does). Love the change in speed halfway and the guitar solo (Taylor). This song is very underrated IMO.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 19, 2018 19:53

More discussion here: [iorr.org]. thumbs up

Date: March 19, 2018 20:29

TheflyingDutchman
Doxa
TheflyingDutchman

- Doxa

Do you mean by the fact that the song is cut in two pieces? In the 2 only existing live versions the second part almost ends in hardrock-fashion, anything but blues smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home