Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones - Viena 90 full show (thanks Adrien A)
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 10, 2018 18:14

Re: The Rolling Stones - Viena 90 full show (thanks Adrien A)
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 10, 2018 18:40

This guy has been uploading lots of very good and interesting Stones videos almost on a daily basis.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 10, 2018 20:33

It's Vienna, not Viena.

I was there. It was a good show.

Date: February 10, 2018 20:44

Just wondering how he managed to get the cam inside the venue. Checks at the entrance gates were *very* strict. Maybe he got inside ahead of the show together with the road or merch crew, or the local construction crew.

I'll watch the vid later when I have a proper internet connection. Judging from the camera angles, I must have been pretty much the same area before the stage. Maybe he captured the back of my head? grinning smiley

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: February 10, 2018 21:02

no overdub for sure smiling smiley
I really like the Sympathy guitars on that tour.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 10, 2018 21:45

Cristiano Radtke
This guy has been uploading lots of very good and interesting Stones videos almost on a daily basis.
thumbs up
He is the hero we need... as are the great people who took cameras and recorded.

I hope anyone who has ever whined about people recording shows does the right thing and refrains from watching any of these videos.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 22:05

doitywoik
Just wondering how he managed to get the cam inside the venue. Checks at the entrance gates were *very* strict. Maybe he got inside ahead of the show together with the road or merch crew, or the local construction crew.

I'll watch the vid later when I have a proper internet connection. Judging from the camera angles, I must have been pretty much the same area before the stage. Maybe he captured the back of my head? grinning smiley

I was thinking exactly that. Th best video cameras were still pretty big back in those days and it would have been very difficult for security to miss it so some insider co operation very likely to have been required. That aside, as a video, it captures the fan experience very well, looking through a forest of raised arms towards the stage. I loved Ruby Tuesday and Angie played back to back on thar tour. Thanks to the OP for posting up the link!

Date: February 11, 2018 03:35

My best guess - based on my own experiences with said venue in 1987 and 1988 - is that the merch and/or (local) construction crew smuggled him in in the afternoon before the show. That used to work pretty well if you knew somebody there. Or maybe he is/was part of the road crew one way or other.

No way he got in at the regular gates. At that particular show, the security at the gates went specifically for cameras and recording equipment - and any kind of drink, even if in a plastic bottle or tetra pak (to make sure you had to buy the drink sold inside at ~4 times the regular price). They also checked whether your shoes wouldn't damage the lawn (it's a football stadium).

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: February 11, 2018 08:36

I haven't watched the video but actually two guys video-taped the show - the guy from Austria also took a recording on audio-tape. As far as I remember he smuggled the camera and the tape-recorder in. A 2nd guy from Czechoslovakia also video-taped but I don't know if he had help of the local crew or not.
We got in easy without having our bags checked.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 11, 2018 09:22

I remember we smuggled in a photo-camera in 1990... Ok, it was not as huge as a videao-camera those days.
We made a hole in a bread and put the camera inside. In the morning we were at the gates and when they opened we were still "very hungry" and we were allowed to take the bread inside the stadium. :-)

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 11, 2018 10:56

What a gift! Thank you for this link and to Adrian for uploading.
This was my very first Stones show spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 11, 2018 11:13

ErwinH
I remember we smuggled in a photo-camera in 1990... Ok, it was not as huge as a videao-camera those days.
We made a hole in a bread and put the camera inside. In the morning we were at the gates and when they opened we were still "very hungry" and we were allowed to take the bread inside the stadium. :-)
smileys with beer

THAT IS EPIC!!! and I do not use that word very often, but you guys worked it like pros, like secret agents chasing the music, capturing it before it could rise up and evaporate into the cosmos. NICE WORK!

Lets just hope you guys took care of the footage after grabbing it grinning smiley

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 11, 2018 11:25

I guess this is one of the known sources

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 11, 2018 13:17

ErwinH

Brilliant stuff Erwin grinning smiley

Date: February 11, 2018 16:29

Love the bread story! thumbs up>grinning smiley<

I didn't have a camera back then (not to speak of a walkman for recording) and neither did my girlfriend nor the friend who was with us, so the problem did not arise for us. We had gotten there maybe half an hour before they opened the gates, so were among the first to get on the lawn. My girlfriend had a pouch-like handbag with some sandwiches, three half-liter bottles of icetea and a game of cards. The bag got carefully searched. The sandwiches and the cards were allowed in but we had to drink up the ice tea right at the gate (or throw it away). And they really made sure about the soles of our shoes, but noone had to go in barefoot.

One guy I used to know back then claimed to have smuggled in a small camera between his girlfriend's legs. The classic way, so to say. Wouldn't have worked with then-video equipment, though (unless it's a very voluminous girlfriend, perhaps).

What's disturbing about the video, from a present-day perspective, is that noone holds up a cellphone spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 15, 2018 18:28

And gone.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 15, 2018 18:45

Yep; account 'terminated'.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2018 18:54

doitywoik
And gone.

RoughJusticeOnYa
Yep; account 'terminated'.

You can read Adrian's (the YouTube user, which also posts here) post about this subject on this thread : [iorr.org]

Thankfully he managed to post some great videos under another username, btw.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 15, 2018 19:12

Leonioid
Cristiano Radtke
thumbs up
He is the hero we need... as are the great people who took cameras and recorded.

I hope anyone who has ever whined about people recording shows does the right thing and refrains from watching any of these videos.

I heard he was at the El Mocambo shows. grinning smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 15, 2018 19:13

ErwinH

And recorded a slice of the action! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: March 16, 2018 17:10

I wish I had been in El Mocambo...eye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home