Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Last appearance of "Richard" and first appearance of "Richards" on a record label?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 11, 2018 13:59

Just curious. Anyone know?

Re: Last appearance of "Richard" and first appearance of "Richards" on a record label?
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 11, 2018 14:53

January 1964.

[www.45cat.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: Last appearance of "Richard" and first appearance of "Richards" on a record label?
Date: March 11, 2018 14:59

See also:

[www.45cat.com]

[www.45cat.com]

[www.45cat.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 11, 2018 18:44

Thanks Deltics, but what I was really looking to know was when did the switch from Richard to Richards occurr. "Hot Stuff," released in June 1976, is credited to Jagger-Richard. "Miss You," released in May, 1978, is credited to Jagger-Richards. So I guess that just leaves Love You Live. Anyone have an original vinyl pressing and care to take a look at it and tell me if it says Richard or Richards?

Date: March 11, 2018 19:50

Love You Live was "Richard". From "Some Girls" on he was always "Richards".
Oddly, the US edition of "Metamorphosis" from 1975 is Jagger - Richards whereas the UK was the "old" Jagger - Richard.
He's also referred to as "Richards" on the inner sleeves of "Exile" and "It's Only Rock and Roll" but as Richard on the labels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-11 20:04 by Deltics.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 11, 2018 20:54

I wonder what happennd to Pakkamak Music Publishers?
Perhaps part of the ABKCO copyrights.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 07:46

ALO abbandoned Pakkamak long before Klein arrived.
It's almost impossible to get info on Pakkamak, anyway.
Bye,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-12 11:02 by 1963luca0.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 12, 2018 12:17

Just to recap - why did he change his name?

Date: March 12, 2018 12:41

Silver Dagger

because of Cliff, if memory serves..

Date: March 12, 2018 12:45

1963luca0
ALO abbandoned Pakkamak long before Klein arrived.
It's almost impossible to get info on Pakkamak, anyway.
Bye,

I'm sure you're right.
But someone must own the Copyright.
ALO perhaps? (and the other early ones)

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 14:40

Hard to say, as he used Pakkamak for minor releases and more than four of five times. IMO, a small and cheap company. Amyway, you're driving the thread O.T.
what about starting a new thread on copyright controllers?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 12, 2018 16:24

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

Yeah, I recall reading it was Oldham's idea, to make it sound more 'poppish' or something (similarly PR-wise their ages were changed, claiming, for example, Mick and Keith being born in 1944, etc.). So I guess the reference of 'poppish' at the time was Cliff Richard... I also recall that Keith wasn't particularly happy about it at the time...

- Doxa

Date: March 12, 2018 17:28

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

Yeah, I recall reading it was Oldham's idea, to make it sound more 'poppish' or something (similarly PR-wise their ages were changed, claiming, for example, Mick and Keith being born in 1944, etc.). So I guess the reference of 'poppish' at the time was Cliff Richard... I also recall that Keith wasn't particularly happy about it at the time...

- Doxa

At least it was a minor change...not like Perks to Wyman!!

Date: March 12, 2018 21:05

jlowe
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

- Doxa

At least it was a minor change...not like Perks to Wyman!!

That was Bill's choice, wasn't it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home