Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Gene and Ace slaughter Jumpin Jack Flash
Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: February 16, 2018 08:29

Skip ahead to 10:00. Apparently KISS fans paid $50,000 for this

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 09:17 by keefgotsoul.

Re: Gene and Ace slaughter Jumpin Jack Flash
Date: February 16, 2018 09:18

Ouch!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 16, 2018 09:23

.... Good time to take a poo break .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:16

Well it aint a show, you pay 50 k for spending the day with Ace and Gene in your living room. A fun day for a rich Kiss fan I guess.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:03

I wonder how much Ace got paid compared to Gene?The former still rocks.The latter is constantly sweating during the performance....like maybe he will not get to the bank in time to pay in the easy loot.

You would have thought they could have at least rehearsed!

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:33

That's horrible!

Date: February 16, 2018 12:33

omg a terrible impromptu performance. I never would have guessed

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 16, 2018 12:58

dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Yeah KISS's success is a true mystery.

Date: February 16, 2018 13:34

dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Not really.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2018 14:30

thank God that they are fully masked – nobody recognizes them.

On the other hand: How much would we pay to have Mick and Keith to come over to our homes to slaughter KISS songs?

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 16, 2018 14:51

I haven't listened to it and I ain't gonna listen it, but it's like asking Britney Spears to sing an opera by Mozart. A little children's act trying to make music.

Date: February 16, 2018 14:59

This one is better winking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 16, 2018 15:02

dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Ace and Gene go ok, jesus they were bigger than the Stones in late 70's early 80s...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 15:03 by Eleanor Rigby.

Date: February 16, 2018 15:32

matxil
I haven't listened to it and I ain't gonna listen it, but it's like asking Britney Spears to sing an opera by Mozart. A little children's act trying to make music.

yeah stones songs are so hard to play

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 16, 2018 15:35

Redhotcarpet
dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Not really.

I know they're part of the "Americana" but I can ensure you the level of fame they encountered in the US (fortunately?) never was replicated anywhere else on Earth.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 15:35

Eleanor Rigby
dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Ace and Gene go ok, jesus they were bigger than the Stones in late 70's early 80s...
Not really...KISS had a couple of years in the mid '70s where they may have been more popular in the U.S., but they were toxic by 1980 and didn't rebound until they took the makeup off.

Date: February 16, 2018 15:52

dcba
Redhotcarpet
dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Not really.

I know they're part of the "Americana" but I can ensure you the level of fame they encountered in the US (fortunately?) never was replicated anywhere else on Earth.

wrong. in south america and japan they were huge

Date: February 16, 2018 15:54

keefriff99
Eleanor Rigby
dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Not really...KISS had a couple of years in the mid '70s where they may have been more popular in the U.S., but they were toxic by 1980 and didn't rebound until they took the makeup off.

Maybe in the US..not in australia

Date: February 16, 2018 15:55

keefriffhard4life
dcba
Redhotcarpet
dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Not really.

wrong. in south america and japan they were huge

In Europe, too.

Date: February 16, 2018 15:58

Eleanor Rigby
keefriff99
Eleanor Rigby
dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

They were playing half-empty arenas and theaters in the U.S. in the early '80s after The Elder and Creatures of the Night. Taking the makeup off and releasing Lick It Up is what revitalized their career here in 1983.

Meanwhile the Stones were releasing Tattoo You and embarking on the '81/'82 tour.

Date: February 16, 2018 16:01

There is a big difference between Unmasked-Kiss and Creatures-Kiss, though.

I'd say that they were huge in 1980 and on their way down in 1982.

Date: February 16, 2018 16:01

keefriff99
Eleanor Rigby
keefriff99
Eleanor Rigby
dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

They were playing half-empty arenas and theaters in the U.S. in the early '80s after The Elder and Creatures of the Night. Taking the makeup off and releasing Lick It Up is what revitalized their career here in 1983.

Meanwhile the Stones were releasing Tattoo You and embarking on the '81/'82 tour.

Mate..in 1980 KISS were Beatles-like in Australia (a country outside the US).
Meanwhile the Stones were doing nothing...retiring...

Date: February 16, 2018 16:13

Eleanor Rigby
keefriff99
Eleanor Rigby
keefriff99
Eleanor Rigby
dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Mate..in 1980 KISS were Beatles-like in Australia (a country outside the US).
Meanwhile the Stones were doing nothing...retiring...
That's interesting. I think their popularity plummeted in the U.S. before Australia then...they were really dead commercially by '81/'82.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 16, 2018 16:28

keefriffhard4life
matxil

If you think good music is about "hard to play", well, we're on different wave lengths then. It wasn't "hard to play" that I was aiming at.
However, yes, although the chords might be easy, Stones songs are hard to play well. They have that in common with most blues or Bo Diddley or Chuck Berry, for example.

Date: February 16, 2018 16:33

dcba
Redhotcarpet
dcba
dead.flowers
That's horrible!

Not really.

It was and they still have a huge following. Thing is they were and are better and worse than one might think.

Date: February 16, 2018 16:37

matxil
keefriffhard4life
matxil

If you think good music is about "hard to play", well, we're on different wave lengths then. It wasn't "hard to play" that I was aiming at.
However, yes, although the chords might be easy, Stones songs are hard to play well. They have that in common with most blues or Bo Diddley or Chuck Berry, for example.

they proved they can play the stones if they actually know or practiced the song. ace owns 2000 man. same thing would happen if keith and mick attempted to play song they hardly practiced or ever even attempted to play

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: February 16, 2018 16:49

matxil
keefriffhard4life
matxil

That's always been a pet peeve of mine; people who judge how good music is by how "hard" it is to play. And I play guitar so I can appreciate technical difficulty but that alone never impresses me. I listen to music as a fan, not a musician. If it sounds good and moves me, that's what I consider good. I'd rather hear Keith bend two notes with feeling than hear some whiz fingers play clouds of lightening fast runs. I have an older brother who always disses what I listen to, such as Stones. He'll say, "anybody can play that." Drives me nuts. People who think like that just don't "get it," in my opinion.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 16, 2018 17:15

On a (kind of) related news, Gene is releasing a book titled “27: The Legend and Mythology of the 27 Club”, on which he "will serve as our guide to the enigmatic 27 club, examining sex, drugs, and rock’ n’ roll from the inside, and answering our enduring questions…"

I wonder what kind of news he can "reveal" about Brian Jones' death. eye rolling smiley

[www.amazon.com]

Date: February 16, 2018 17:39

Cristiano Radtke
On a (kind of) related news, Gene is releasing a book titled “27: The Legend and Mythology of the 27 Club”, on which he "will serve as our guide to the enigmatic 27 club, examining sex, drugs, and rock’ n’ roll from the inside, and answering our enduring questions…"

I wonder what kind of news he can "reveal" about Brian Jones' death. eye rolling smiley

[www.amazon.com]
He's a smug, pompous, narcissistic, borderline-sociopathic @#$%&...the Tr*mp of rock.

Date: February 16, 2018 17:46

No not really. He has a typical immigrants view on why America is great. Self made, came from nothing. Doesnt give a crap about being PC. Gives s lot to charity. Often cringeworthy but so what. You gotta hand it to him, he had a vision, found a great partner and made hist..kisstory.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home